The online racing simulator
Steam Sales
(563 posts, started )
Yes.
Quote from Dajmin :So to someone who hasn't played that much L4D (but enjoyed it when I did), is the sequel worth a punt at the sale price?

Both L4D and L4D2 are worth their current prices.
Maybe I'll use some of my Xmas money to pick up a copy tonight then.

What about Osmos? It sounds interesting but I've not heard much about it. Guess you can't go too wrong at £1.39 though
1.39 eur here and I think $1.39 in USA

That game is... uhm... for people that don't like much of action and prefer something slow-going. I am not sure if you will like it.
Physics-based eat-stuff-smaller-than-you game. What's not to like? That was one of the best parts of the entire Spore game

And yes, the $=£=€ thing bugs me.
Quote from Shadowww :Well it runs off completely different engine for a start.

No. It's Source
I think you're just being difficult. All stories of humans v zombies are going to be similar, but it doesn't mean L4D is anything like Dead Rising or any of the other millions of zombie movies and books that have been released over the years.
Source is the engine it's built on, but it's perfectly possible to upgrade that behind the scenes. The entire Source engine got a massive overhaul for HL2:Ep 2 because large outdoor sections weren't really possible before. And any AI script can be rewritten without a serious engine change.
Quote from tiagolapa :No. It's Source

Yeah, but it's completely different version of Source.

It's like saying Half-Life: Source and Left 4 Dead 2 use same engine. They do use Source, but they are completely different Source's.

Another example: Quake 2 and Wolfenstein (2009 one). They both use id Tech engine.
Quote from Dajmin :I think you're just being difficult. All stories of humans v zombies are going to be similar, but it doesn't mean L4D is anything like Dead Rising or any of the other millions of zombie movies and books that have been released over the years.
Source is the engine it's built on, but it's perfectly possible to upgrade that behind the scenes. The entire Source engine got a massive overhaul for HL2:Ep 2 because large outdoor sections weren't really possible before. And any AI script can be rewritten without a serious engine change.

Oops I dont want to be difficult or anything, sry for the interrupt
And I agree with what you said
BTW I bought King Arthur and Thorchlight for myself, and gifted Day of Defeat. All great games
Quote from tiagolapa :BTW I bought King Arthur and Thorchlight for myself, and gifted Day of Defeat. All great games

Yeah, they are great but DoD is not popular enough. Oftenly, at mornings, most servers are empty.
Ka-Ching!
Mediaval 2: Total War 2,49€
Street Fighter IV 9,49€
Braid 2,24€
Machinarium 8,49€

Feels good man.
Someone randomly gifted me Shattered Horizon.

'tis the season.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Someone randomly gifted me Shattered Horizon.

You do realise that accepting gifts from unknown people can get your account disabled?

Just got Half-Life: Source just because Half-Life doesn't supports widescreen resolutions.
Quote from Shadowww :You do realise that accepting gifts from unknown people can get your account disabled?

Just got Half-Life: Source just because Half-Life doesn't supports widescreen resolutions.

Wasn't from an unknown person. Was a friend.
I'll take a gift of Half-Life:Source

It's the only thing I want, but I still have no money...
just got crysis maximum edition for £10
Freely accepting steam gifts for my birthday. :icon23:

Did I mention I love you guys? Happy new year an' that old chestnut.

[/Scrounge]
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'll take a gift of Half-Life:Source

Why you want that old game? o.O
Quote from Gills4life :Freely accepting steam gifts for my birthday. :icon23:

Did I mention I love you guys? Happy new year an' that old chestnut.

[/Scrounge]

Lol is your birthday really on jan 1st? :o

If so then happy bday.
lol wtf, was trying to buy Trials 2 for 2.50€. It was processing all the time until i shut down steam, then when i next time check out the situation, i got the game but didnt pay any money Game for free, eh?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'll take a gift of Half-Life:Source

cause you spent it all on your ps3!!

i got you there!
no fanboyism intended.
Quote from EliteAti :lol wtf, was trying to buy Trials 2 for 2.50€. It was processing all the time until i shut down steam, then when i next time check out the situation, i got the game but didnt pay any money Game for free, eh?

It usually gets taken from your cc ~1 hour after you get the game.
Quote from mutt107 :cause you spent it all on your ps3!!

i got you there!
no fanboyism intended.

Not quite.. I have no money because I've been unemployed for 8 months

Also, Shadowwwww.. I want that old game, becuase I have HL in GoldSrc, but I can't be arsed to play it in GoldSrc.. I know if it was a Source engine game, I'd finally beat it.
Quote from G!NhO :Lol is your birthday really on jan 1st? :o

If so then happy bday.

Yes it is, due on boxing day but the mother decided to be lazy and leave it for new years! 9:40am January 1st 1993

Steam Sales
(563 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG