The online racing simulator
I miss the old LFSforum
(119 posts, started )
In that situation you wouldn't be following the fool, you would be beating them the **** down with your mighty fists of fury. :chair:
I do not agree. This place has always been full of argument hungry trol...*ehm*...teanagers.
However the moderation has been better the last few years. I avoided creating an account just to keep my blood pressure down. I've followed the forum mostly via posted URLs to interesting threads since the beginning I think. As it is now a thread can grow to over 20 posts before it derails into a flamefest (unless the topic is a flame baiting) And I've leaned what topics and sub forums to avoid.
#78 - 5haz
Quote from franky500 :If the best way forward is stricter administration, it will be all or none. kind of like a school playground.

Well, this place is full of kids, and adults acting like kids, so perhaps thats not such a bad thing, however...

Quote from franky500 :Bully hits kid --> Kid goes to teacher --> bully "might" get in trouble. If he does not get in trouble this time, he WILL be under a watchful eye.
Bully hits kid --> kid hits back --> teacher sees it, both get in trouble, normally the kid more so for doing the wrong thing and not telling teacher.

whose more the fool - The fool itself, or the ones who follow the fool...

The original bully caused all the subsequent things to happen, if he hadn't acted like such a prick in the first place then all would've been well, and so he is ultimately more responsible than anyone else.

If left alone, the kid would have no reason to hit anyone.

I don't know why so many supposedly 'wise' people fail to see that.
Quote from The Very End :The question is however, why using energy at all beeing rude?
Everyone know that non-searching members are a botter, but answering the question only gives positive results (in most cases).

I don't use energy at being rude. Writing posts such as "Old suggestion is old" takes little to no effort, yet serves its purpose very well.
Quote from The Very End :.. The forum is hostile, childish and in some situations...retarded..

...much like alot of busy servers lately.

the best thing you can do is use others' stupidity for your own entertainment.
when the stupidity starts to bother you, take a break.
cuz you can't fix stupid. (<<<not my qoute)
Read some of the posts in TiJay's thread. These were pure childishness and ridiculousness, so I reported them.
I recall a time when this forum seemed to be full of people with a sense of humour. Now you get jumped on if you so much as dare to post something even remotely sarcastic, however obvious it might be.

Maybe there should be an "Are you sure?" question that comes up whenever you click "Submit Reply" or "Post Quick Reply". Maybe it should say "Does your post contribute anything? Does bumping this thread back to the top not contradict your post's negative appraisal of it? Does your criticism of someone for bumping an ancient thread mean they can't win given your lambasting of someone else for not using the search function? Why not start your post with "I think" instead of posting opinion as fact? Is there any need to get personal? Have you lowered the tone? Are you being deliberately quarrelsome?".

Only after reading these questions, and completing a maze, can you post a reply. Seems to me that some people need to learn where the "back" button is.
Quote from franky500 :Sounds good, should have an FAQ post

If the best way forward is stricter administration, it will be all or none. kind of like a school playground.

I said this 2 and a half years ago...
Stricter administration, but more importantly consistent administration.
If user A gets kicked for something then user B should also be kicked for the same thing. Something that wasn't always the case.

I've been here since the beginning, and the forum has gone to hell in the last couple of years. Ever since people figured it was 'cool' to flame demo players and to 'over'protect the dev's project by pointing fingers at a lot of them as pirates without any kind of proof whatsoever.

I'm not sure if the forum can be saved, but if it is, I'm back.
Quote from z-ro 8 :the best thing you can do is use others' stupidity for your own entertainment.
when the stupidity starts to bother you, take a break.
cuz you can't fix stupid. (<<<not my qoute)

+100
There are a lot of useful, contributing members in this forum, or at least they used to be before LFS started its decline into no update/cruise insim land. I used to make skins for people who posted in the request section and a few of my own designs, but now I just don't see the point. Now I spend most of my time debating politics in the offtopic section. Everyone is frustrated and disheartened that LFS is (I'll say it kindly) seriously outdated and seemingly nearing its end.

I'll admit that I don't play LFS anymore so I can't really explain why I still hang around here.
I miss the old forum too. Back in the days I was an immatured bastard in 2006, as reading my posts. Asking for tweaks and some silly stuff, including spamming. Hence the epic post count. Though I matured and watching the guys doing the same thing, sucks. Now I know how people felt.
Hehe, well the problem is that it just ain't kids posting rather... interesting stuff on the forum, it goes on at all ages, and there is no definding line.

I am not saying it will be a paradise, because that won't happend on a internet forum, but there are a few easy sollutions that could be done to better situation a lot. The biggest change is the change you and me does.

Joke around, be helpfull, have a good time, discuss etc.. these are values I value a lot in this forum. Alltho I am more of the joking type of person, I have nothing against having a propper discussion about everything releated between God and the rally pack.

Cookie to the good guys
Quote from The Very End :Allthough I am more of the joking type of person, I have nothing against having a propper discussion about everything releated between God and the rally pack.

Cookie to the good guys

Hehe, that's what we need more of!

Cookies I mean.

No, seriously though, we can't have those conversations about God etc. because people take a corner and just won't get out.

Some people can't take a joke, and others just can't be serious when the need arises.
Quote from The Very End :I am not saying it will be a paradise, because that won't happend on a internet forum,

It used to be 'Gay Paradise' here according to JTbo.
Quote from The Very End :and the rally pack.

You mentioned it! You should NEVER mention the rally pack!

The problem with any community is that once people feel comfortable they start thinking that everyone wants to hear what they have to say, no matter how utterly inane it might be. So there's the spam threads and posts covered.

In conversations of a serious nature, people are posting about things they feel strongly about (religion being one of those things). It's impossible to have a conversation without more than one viewpoint and it's pointless to try and have a conversation if none of the parties involved are willing to listen as much as they speak. So they quickly devolve from reasonable discussions to full-blown hate spam arguments. That's what happens when everyone assumes they're right about everything.

I always say, the average IQ is inversely proportionate to the population. The more people in one place, the more stupid the group mind becomes. The same applies here. When it's a handful of friends nobody wants to upset the others because it will negatively affect them. Once you approach hundreds of active users losing one you're not that close to isn't such a big deal. Sad times.
We should all stand in a circle and hold each other's hands

It would be a lot nicer if people came here for a pleasant chat, a place where the less experienced people (and I mean general experience in life, not LFS) could ask whatever is on their mind and don't be rudiculed if their question is a bit stupid or might seem too "obvious" to someone smart.

As The Very End said there's no excuse whatsoever so cause flamewars... if a person doesn't like the thread he can jsut ignore it, if you're replying to it, it means you have enough time to answer it properly instead of mocking the person or even more annoyigly posting stupid pictures.

\/ peace and love, we should all get along There's differences in the people but we should just accept each other for who we are... ^_^
There would be over 9000 less things to laugh at during the course of the day if the forum went happy and friendly
Quote from Electric Eye :We should all stand in a circle and hold each other's hands

\/ peace and love, we should all get along There's differences in the people but we should just accept each other for who we are... ^_^

So you're saying a "gay paradise" then?
Quote from Kalev EST :So you're saying a "gay paradise" then?

No, that's just wrong

*says to himself "hypocrite"
#95 - 5haz
I think the problem goes well beyond this forum, or the internet. There is a general lack of discipline and respect in society that has lead to generations of children who are rude, disrespectful and incredibly sarcastic, thats what passes as wit these days.

Its probrably due to the nanny state preventing parents from giving their children proper discipline and encouraging them to wrap their children in cotton wool. Why do we have to have social workers nowadays to keep people in line, when society did pretty fine without them in years past? Now it seems like its the job of social workers to teach people discipline and respect, the parents are never held responsible if their child grows up as a little bastard.

I and a lot of other people here are part of these generations, but I'm trying to be better than that, I really am.
Quote from 5haz :I think the problem goes well beyond this forum, or the internet. There is a general lack of discipline and respect in society that has lead to generations of children who are rude, disrespectful and incredibly sarcastic, thats what passes as wit these days.

I and a lot of other people here are part of these generations, but I'm trying to be better than that, I really am.

Sounds about right, although I would really like to keep my sarcasm
There's a short animation I made when learning Flash a few years ago that I think says more than anything.

Here.
Quote from 5haz :There is a general lack of discipline and respect in society that has lead to generations of children who are rude, disrespectful and incredibly sarcastic, thats what passes as wit these days.

I think that's bollocks to be honest. There were always bad kids and there still are. When I was a kid they still used corporal punishment in state schools but it never stopped anybody from behaving like lunatics. And we'd get the "kids of today" speech just like the current generation does - it's never been accurate.

I meet a lot of secondary school aged kids and most of the "bad" ones can be as good as the good ones if you just treat them like you'd treat anybody else. The problem is that a lot of people just treat them as "bad kids" and so during those exchanges they revert to type.

If you have higher expectations of people, you'll typically get more out of them.
#99 - 5haz
Quote from thisnameistaken :I think that's bollocks to be honest. There were always bad kids and there still are. When I was a kid they still used corporal punishment in state schools but it never stopped anybody from behaving like lunatics. And we'd get the "kids of today" speech just like the current generation does - it's never been accurate.

I meet a lot of secondary school aged kids and most of the "bad" ones can be as good as the good ones if you just treat them like you'd treat anybody else. The problem is that a lot of people just treat them as "bad kids" and so during those exchanges they revert to type.

If you have higher expectations of people, you'll typically get more out of them.

Really, well I've noticed an actual real change around where I live, when I was in the lower years of school of course I thought I was brilliant, as every year 7 kid does, what I didn't do was go round giving abuse to older years and adults, because I knew I'd get a good beating if I did, and I didn't give abuse to my parents either because I'd get a good slapping.

As I moved up through the years I noticed that the lower year kids joining a few years after us were a lot more abusive to their elders, like as if they'd never been kept in line before, and of course the school put in all these 'support networks' for all the little ****s, and of course it would be their fault if the kid got in trouble again.

Of course there are lots of perfectly fine kids, but the number of little bastards seems to be growing really fast, I see so many 10-12 year olds that make me think 'if you were my age and you talked to me like that I'd bash your face in'.

People need to have their pride given a good beating every so often to keep them from getting too lairy, and it dosen't seem to happen anymore because so much as laying a finger on your child will result in cries of child abuse. This dosen't mean that child abuse is a good thing, it means the government is so busy implementing all kinds of nanny state legislation on people that it actually makes things worse overall, while the proper crooks get away with murder.

Its hard to have high expectations of a kid when they're hurling abuse at complete strangers down the park with their friends, saying stuff that their parents should give them a good slapping for, but are too frightened to.

If you act like a prick you can't expect to be treated the same as people who don't, thats your problem. And that is the problem, people think they can do whatever they want and expect everyone else to bend over backwards for them, and then its always other people who get the blame for said person's failings.
Mhh... I agree with that, personally i'd like it if teachers gave beatin for being bad in school (did I just make it sound filfthy?) It's fine as long as you behave and the bad kids wouldn't be causing so much trouble as they do nowadays since teachers have no power whatsoever.

And a lot of them seem to be disrespectful towards parents, although the problem could be traced to their parents.

I miss the old LFSforum
(119 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG