The online racing simulator
I miss the old LFSforum
(119 posts, started )
Nah, teachers shouldn't have to beat kids, parents are there to teach discipline, and its not a case of beating, just a good slap across the hand, well thats what I used to get and as a result I'm a bit better at not being rude, to the right people of course.
Quote from 5haz :Nah, teachers shouldn't have to beat kids, and its not a case of beating, just a good slap across the hand, well thats what I used to get and as a result I'm a bit better at not being rude, to the right people of course.

Teehee, well that's what I sort of meant, the leather belts and stuff or just a slap ;P Didn't mean beating the kids to death.. although I bet that'd work too!

Often the 'bad kids' are like that because of lack of expectations rather than them just being naturally bad. If parents do no enforce any rules or expect them to do well in school, don't teach em discipline - you cannot really expect them to be any better than their parents?

The question then should be ... how do we prevent such parents from raising children in the first place ^_^
Well when I was in school (late '80s) my local park had delinquent kids in it every night, drinking or sniffing glue or whatever, where's the difference between that situation and the one you've recently observed? Parents weren't discouraged from smacking their kids back then, and there were no nannying government initiatives, so I don't think government interference is relevant.

Incidentally you'll find that most of them turn out alright once they leave school and (more importantly) leave home.

To be honest I think the whole business of showing "respect" for senior figures isn't something anybody should strive for anyway. Why should I demonstrate respect towards a rude old lady or a mean-spirited policeman. etc. Respect is a two-way street - again, treat people like you would expect to be treated, you can expect to get back what you give. I've met plenty of old people who are unbearable twats.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Well when I was in school (late '80s) my local park had delinquent kids in it every night, drinking or sniffing glue or whatever, where's the difference between that situation and the one you've recently observed? Parents weren't discouraged from smacking their kids back then, and there were no nannying government initiatives, so I don't think government interference is relevant.

There always has been a few delinquent kids, but more recently you get lair from kids from supposedly normal backgrounds, its not just one or two of them anymore.

Quote from thisnameistaken :To be honest I think the whole business of showing "respect" for senior figures isn't something anybody should strive for anyway. Why should I demonstrate respect towards a rude old lady or a mean-spirited policeman. etc. Respect is a two-way street - again, treat people like you would expect to be treated, you can expect to get back what you give. I've met plenty of old people who are unbearable twats.

Yes of course, a lot of old people are just as anti social, and are just as big a problem as any kid, but I've seen people getting abuse for just asking politely to to keep the noise down or keep off the lawn, there are a lot of kids out there who just don't seem to know the limits and wont take no for an answer, ever. Like as if their parents never bothered to teach them that part.

Its true that you should show respect for a person based on how they act, not how old they are, but some people can't even manage that, and the number seems to be growing all the time.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I miss the old forum too. Back in the days I was an immatured bastard in 2006, as reading my posts. Asking for tweaks and some silly stuff, including spamming. Hence the epic post count.

Back in the days?
@Shaz: Respect isn't about fear, it's about, well... respect. All fear breeds is resentment and a need to lash out at a different target.

I don't go round abusing people simply because it's not a very nice thing to do and I just don't want to do it, not out of fear of what might happen if I do, and I fully intend to teach my children the same thing.

I think the problem is parents now that were originally delinquent kids themselves, who just can't be bothered to teach their offspring right and wrong.
TVE, I totally agree with you. I can't even ask people how to fix my ping problem without them saying "search." It totally sucks. So thank you so much for pointing this out TVE!
Quote from Crashgate3 :@Shaz: Respect isn't about fear, it's about, well... respect. All fear breeds is resentment and a need to lash out at a different target.

Well its not about getting someone to fear punishment, its about getting someone to ascociate being naughty with a bad experience, e.g. getting slapped. Fear is a bit strong a word IMO.

It dosen't necessarily invovle smacking either, some parents just need to be stricter.

Quote from Crashgate3 :I think the problem is parents now that were originally delinquent kids themselves, who just can't be bothered to teach their offspring right and wrong.

Sounds about right.
Lerts' account is back BTW. Don't know if it is lerts but, look.
Attached images
lfs_00000034.jpg
lfs_00000035.jpg
Don't think that is Lerts. I know that after he left LFS due to various circumstances, he passed the lisence on to another and so on. Who's playing the Lerts now is like knowing who The Stig is.. Lerts is a myth.
i think what you are trying to say 5haz is that people need to know that there is a consequence to their actions.

But unfortunately... and nobody quote me on this... Kev is right. its not just kids needing disciplin, its the older ones too, it just seems to be cool to do these things.

In fact i bet everybody here who has acted a complete twat on these forums has either done it and had their friends join in, done it to try and attract some bad-ass friends etc.

If you have a group of 5 - 6 bullies in a school, they will be complete dicks.... have 1 on his own and suddenly they are alright (this is from personal experience on more than 1 occasion)
Quote from shaun463 :Lerts' account is back BTW. Don't know if it is lerts but, look.

It has never been away, i have seen "it" loads of times playing online.
Quote from franky500 : have 1 on his own and suddenly they are alright (this is from personal experience on more than 1 occasion)

Have 1 on his own and suddenly he's sh!tt!ng his pants when sees you at night
Quote from franky500 :If you have a group of 5 - 6 bullies in a school, they will be complete dicks.... have 1 on his own and suddenly they are alright (this is from personal experience on more than 1 occasion)

FTR out of the bunch of "bullies" (general arseholes, really) in my school year, one of them is constantly in and out of prison for petty crimes, another is a dad of two whose kids are well-behaved and polite, another is a partner in a garage and is honest and decent (he looks after my sister's cars and he's gone out of his way to help her out in the past), another is a contract software developer who I bump into professionally from time to time and he's good company these days.

I thought all of them would be total wasters. It's difficult to judge what people will be like after they leave school, and just because they may be too busy being "cool" to be pleasant, that doesn't mean they're bad through and through.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :TVE, I totally agree with you. I can't even ask people how to fix my ping problem without them saying "search." It totally sucks. So thank you so much for pointing this out TVE!

You should search indeed. It's not that hard. The internet is full of information. This forum is full of information. Whatever your replies will be: the same has been said before.

5Haz, you're right. More and more kids these days don't know their limits. They were never taught when to shut up, or to follow orders by superiors.

I was in the train last night. A mother and her two kids were sitting near me. One of them wouldn't stop trying to open my bag, and the other one was constantly yelling at everything. I told both of them to shut up and sit down. All three of them (their mother was just as bad) yelled at me. Their mum yelled at me because 'I had no right to command her kids', and the kids yelled at me because they're not used to criticism. Needless to say, I told her my opinion, and I simply pushed kid #1 away from my backpack and looked well angry at it.

People nowadays can't take criticism. Most kids are 'daddy's little princess, or mum's great son'. Everything they do gets praise, and when they're annoying it's me who should tolerate their behaviour.

Grip Driver, when people tell you to search, you'd better use the search. Don't expect us to give you a special treatment. The information is there. You take little effort, by simply making us search for you. How do you think wise people gathered their wisdom and knowledge? By investigation and experimentation.

So on-topic, HAH, when a thread is worth writing a long reply to, I will. When it's not, I'll make sure people know they don't deserve a polite answer.

Quote from The Very End :
I miss the old forum, where people could ask all kind of questions, and get answers back. Even if it were to be asked a million times before, people would still answer in the topic or giving a link to the user so he could find an answer.

Too bad. Go help yourself. Only when you can't find anything, even when you searched well, you can post a thread and ask.

Am I bitter? Perhaps. But that doesn't mean I'm wrong, HAH.
We could just stop speaking cause I bet it's been said before
Quote from shaun463 :Lerts' account is back BTW. Don't know if it is lerts but, look.

I don't think it's lerts either. I've met that dude several times on different servers, and I've been trying to speak a bit with him, and I also tried 1 or 2 times to tease him a bit but he was never bothered to reply

I miss the old LFSforum
(119 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG