The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Anyone noticed the moving Boeing on Top Gear track?

Isn't that a learjet or something.
Quote from JJ72 :no mention of anything about weather?

nothing concrete announced yet. They say they have the engine done to do it, but whether they implement it is another

maybe, they might save it for GT6...
in the trailer...smoke influenced by turbulence...the car splits it in half...

You do realise that is a render and not actual gameplay, right?
Oh come on.

You really believe that is all in-game footage? I would quite happily bet a fiver that pretty much none (if any) is actual in-game footage, whether that be a replay or not.

I bet even the GT5 addicts in this thread would admit they think it's render footage.

E: And just to prove it's all rendered, compare the newer trailer linked a few posts back, to the older one you just posted. Notice how alot of the scenes like the City one and Airport strip one are exactly the same as each other in terms of car and camera placement, only with little things added like the plane? Proof that there just render scenes saved onto the devs harddrive.
Quote from JJ72 :Isn't that a learjet or something.

Probably, it looked like 747 on first glance, but it seems it's much slower.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Oh come on.

You really believe that is all in-game footage? I would quite happily bet a fiver that pretty much none (if any) is actual in-game footage, whether that be a replay or not.

I bet even the GT5 addicts in this thread would admit they think it's render footage.

E: And just to prove it's all rendered, compare the newer trailer linked a few posts back, to the older one you just posted. Notice how alot of the scenes like the City one and Airport strip one are exactly the same as each other in terms of car and camera placement, only with little things added like the plane? Proof that there just render scenes saved onto the devs harddrive.

they're just sequences running in the in game engine and using in game assets. Much like that recent Ferrari tribute trailer

you can even see glitching in the Subaru Rally part and in the Ferrari tribute trailer
The PSP GT intro even has cardboard cutout people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=989wEe_PgXU
I believe this is a sneak peak of GT5
Still no mention of the "170 Hi-def models" statement then?
Nice trailer.

0.11 : Dog.... huh?!
0.13 : Helicopter for birds eye view replay (?)
0.36 - 0.45 : Rome and Madrid. Two street circuits already!
1.13 : What is that orange car? Looks like some roadster. S2000 maybe?
1.25 : Cool, a aeroplane racing two a R10 and a 787B! What happens when you stop right infront of the plane?

I didn't like the trailer to much. Not only is it showing renders and not showing what the real game is capable of, but there are too many race cars which I doubt I'll ever use. Show us the 500+ road cars even if 10% are Skylines!
Quote from JJ72 :Isn't that a learjet or something.

Looks like it, it could be an Embraer though.
From reading around, this is so much better when played with a wheel, right?
Quote from R34GTR :From reading around, this is so much better when played with a wheel, right?

Um, offcourse, the game is really a simulation (how much, that's all opinions and personal preferences). Unlike ISI sims (GTR's, rFactor etc) you really feel the car, the grip, pretty much like in LFS, also you feel the weight of the car, so i consider it very high on physics standards, GT5p not so much, but i'm really digging the new demo and this new physics.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Nice trailer.

0.11 : Dog.... huh?!
0.13 : Helicopter for birds eye view replay (?)
0.36 - 0.45 : Rome and Madrid. Two street circuits already!
1.13 : What is that orange car? Looks like some roadster. S2000 maybe?
1.25 : Cool, a aeroplane racing two a R10 and a 787B! What happens when you stop right infront of the plane?

I didn't like the trailer to much. Not only is it showing renders and not showing what the real game is capable of, but there are too many race cars which I doubt I'll ever use. Show us the 500+ road cars even if 10% are Skylines!

I highly doubt you will actually be able to play against the airplane, because i can't imagine you will also see the dog on the race track.
They are just stuff to spiuce the trailer up. (I think)
lol, gt5 might have dog racing too!?!?!??
Now I have to find a cheap way to mount my DFP up
Quote from R34GTR :Now I have to find a cheap way to mount my DFP up

Cheap laptop stand + peg board + some thinking = win. Use the peg board to place the pedals (using the metal things that you hang on the board to limit the position of the pedals)
I guess i'm 'lucky' cause my PS3 is hooked on the same monitor as my PC, so i use a computer desk.
you people still think these are "renders"? Hah, just look at the main screen of the Time trial and the replays look photo real, all running in real time...and it's just a 200meg, severely stripped down file...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8YyXzuMJR0
Are you stupid, or just completely ignoring what people say?

YES, the trailers are rendered. Is it not extremely obvious? Just LOOK at them. Yes, consoles can chuck out some pretty decent Graphics nowadays, but nothing like that. Like i said, it's also obvious due to the fact that alot of the trailers feature footage with EXACTLY the same cars at the EXACT same camera angle with the cars doing the EXACT same speed, only with added objects, like that plane for example. This proves there pre-rendered scenarios that they have made and created, and they have just re-opened them and fiddled with them a little bit.

And the video you posted of the Menus is gameplay yes, but just with upped Graphics and some animations from the pit crew, so i don't know why you find that impressive. Games have been doing that for years.

And just to add, stop using the demo's file size as an excuse. Just because it's 200mb in size does not mean it's "stipped down" Graphics wise. The Graphics you see while playing are pretty much what you will see in GT5. If your expecting the Graphics in the time trail demo to be drastically different to GT5's, then don't expect a release date this side of 2015.

You really think the graphics won't look better then this? Check out the road textures, you honestly think they would leave them like that?

Here's a gameplay from TGS, check how good the models of that Gallardo and SLS look when he gets close to them.. lightning, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1eDNeCF81c

During gameplay i really can't imagine better graphics, while in replay mode it looks like real footage, and replay and photo mode only add more AA etc..
Well at least expect the textures to be a lot better, I mean look at the sand pit in the time trial, looks PS2 like!

watch the Ferrari tribute video again - see the glitches in the skybox/background at 1:25
If this was a render, then who did it needs to be fired
Those type of glitches don't happen in 3D rendering software, it's obvious a game engine running
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a0MMk3VFps
and the low poly kerbs at 2:02
Everything they showed so far was in-engine. But with insane amount of AA and some processing filters that won't end up in the gameplay.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Everything they showed so far was in-engine. But with insane amount of AA and some processing filters that won't end up in the gameplay.

This. Using the game engine for cutscenes, trailers and such is rather common, but they don't render in real-time. That way the resulting footage will blend in (relatively) seamlessly with the in-game graphics. Except, because it's not time critical, they can use time-intense image enhacements and add additional shaders, effects, complex geometry, etc.
since Super-GT is officially licensed now, GT5 should have all the tracks in the championship

and here are a few more - snaps of a video showing GT5 track logos from TGS....

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG