The online racing simulator
Is there really a Datsun 1600/P510 and a Datsun 240z?

How extensively can you tune/mod their engines?

Pics of them please?
Quote from Ricerguy : Is there really a Datsun 1600/P510 and a Datsun 240z?

Pics of them please?

Yup, 4wd drivetrain swaps and GTR engine swaps are the order of the day with them.
but you can leave the original motor + RWD, i think as far as turbo or supercharged cams pistons etc. Haven't done it on these specific cars, but thats the norm with other cars of that age. L series engines sound mint IRL with triple carbs
Quote from JJ72 :can't tell until you put on the Becks logo, which is what made the Jaguar skin look really good. I'll say move the HSBC logo to a more prominent position as well, they are a major sponsor anyway.

The michellin logo at the front bumper should be moved down a tad so it doesn't touch the edge just below the headlight.

Thanks.

I agree, most the Logos could do with being moved around. I just put them there so you guys could get an idea of what the final product will look like. Most the logos are pretty simple. The becks one will be quite tough though, and so will the AT&T. I will work some more on it tonight or tomorow and get some pictures up.

Quote from MijnWraak :LOVE the back, reminds me of NFS Hot Pursuit days. Don't remember which car, but it was pretty long and was white. Loved it

Thanks for the nice comment.

Quote from logitekg25 :no i mean maybe make it more exciting to make a little green look like it is ripping through (just came to mine, i dont really think it would be good :shrug

I can see what your saying buddy, but my point was that this one is meant to be a Replica to the real F1 car it is based off of. The only difference is logos may be in different places to the real car due to differences in dimensions. As the real car doesn't have no green ripping or decals on the back, my XJR wont be either.

Quote from danowat :Looks real nice Nathan, I'll have a copy off you when its done, if you've got the DLC, do one for the XFR too, and I'll have one of them aswell!!!!

Thanks Dan! Feel free to get one of my Storefront. I will let you guys know when i put it up, and i will be putting it up for FREE!

I don't know if you've seen it, but there is also a Texaco Focus RS on my Storefront for 1,000CR if you wan't it. I was gonna put that up for free too but i lost it when i had to have a new console.

And yes, i will make it for the XFR too, also for free.
I should have both done by the end of this weekend hopefully.
Quote from Ricerguy : Is there really a Datsun 1600/P510 and a Datsun 240z?

Pics of them please?

Woah woah, a 510!? Really? Now I want to get my hands on this game. I love those little things.
The 458 Italia is freakin fast.....I can hit 6th gear on Fujimi Kaido New!
dear lord...that is quick...what kinda speeds is it pulling?
Quote from MAGGOT :Woah woah, a 510!? Really? Now I want to get my hands on this game. I love those little things.

My god i got tit to do 8 secs flat one on a quater mile
my new gtr
Attached images
gtr.jpg
XFR:

XKR:

Both on the my Storefront for Free. Search for "cossieburn".

Please note, there was a small error with the "BEST's" logo on the XKR which you can see in the pics. This has now been fixed.

Also, please send me a Message if you spot any errors or send me a reply with a picture of it in this thread, and i will do my best to fix it asap. Thanks!
Quote from senn :dear lord...that is quick...what kinda speeds is it pulling?

Didn't saw cos I have the HUD off, but it's the bit in the early section where there's a stretch of relatively straight road followed by a 3/2 gear tightening left hander, I hit 6th before I have to brake , the thing seem to be geared very shortly, the rev rises like a on a motorcycle!

On the other hand the GTR is quite an understeery lump on the throttle.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :My god i got tit to do 8 secs flat one on a quater mile

That's one fast tit for sure!

@Nathan
Really nice work on that skin!
Nice stuff Nathan, I'll have a look for em tonight
Thanks guys!

LOL @ the "tit" comment. I thought the same when i first read it.

I will make some small changes to them skins over the weekend. I'm still not happy with the front grill on the XKR, and the AT&T logo needs some more detail. I will also make the shape on the front of the XFR fit the grill and put the same colours (or maybe green with a red band to break it up?) on the rear part of the XFR above the exhausts.
every time you say XFR, i think of the LFS XFR lol. Maybe Jaguar XFR or something ;D
i love the ftr mine has soo close to 800bhp that thing does go sideways
Quote from brt900 :i love the ftr mine has soo close to 800bhp that thing does go sideways

Thats some really low quality screenshot.
Hehe ok I don't own the game.. but im coming home from uni tomoz and since my brother *Lukelfs* has it with the wheel im most likely to be playing on forza the whole of the xmas break.

Looking forward to see who is still up for racing
What's the fastest car you own in Forza, everyone? Mine is a 'vette C5, nine hundred and something horsepower, 255mph when I click Benchmark, but I can never get it to actually go that fast since it likes to go sideways with the slightest flick of the analogs :P

Here's a pic of the R35 GT-500 I have, it's R1 908.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com ... 74283707_81e294e89f_o.jpg
I've linked it since it's massive :X
If you mean fastest in terms of pure straight line speed, then i have an RX-7 that can do 266mph. I did manage to hit 267 once, but couldn't do it again.
Pretty much, I just mean the Mph that comes up when you click benchmark really :P
forza motorsport 3 got racing game of the year at spikes VGA's
can anyone do up a Datsun 510, slightly modded to have rollcage and front airdam, nicer wheels (black), bare carbon fiber hood, flat back paint with gloss black stripes on the sides (The angled stripes Datsun used on their race cars)?

I'd love to see how it looks... it's kinda how I'm picturing my future 510. Wish I had the money to do it now.
I might be able to get something close, but matte paint isn't possible unfortunately. Would dark grey with black stripes be close enough?
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I might be able to get something close, but matte paint isn't possible unfortunately. Would dark grey with black stripes be close enough?

Ah nuts. I suppose a dark grey will suffice; that's how I handle it with LFS. Don't know why it looks so much less glossy than solid black.

I'm looking for something nicely track-prepped, no wing, though. Something akin to this, and the black diagonal stripes as the stripes on this. Instead of BRE Datsun in the stripes, an orange "510" in the break would look nifty I think.

Thanks mate I'm really itching to give this game a try, but the pain-in-the-arse of using a steering wheel on a console is keeping me away; I don't want to have to usurp my roommate's 360 just so I can use a wheel properly.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG