The online racing simulator
Quote from EQ Worry :
Hi! Yes, that's what I know is necessary. In fact it is my intention to release it as open source soon, at the latest on version 1.0 which should be the first non-beta version. The slight problem is it depends on an external InSim library, Aegio, and I'm not sure code of this library is ready to be opened, mostly because it is not documented. On he other hand opening Aegio, which is quite thoroughly tested and complete, with many helper functions, could help programmers to get started quick...

Open Source rules!!
Hi EQ!

Could it be possible to have a new stat?
We were thinking of using an average of the X consecutive laps for the entry time.
I mean, you must make 3 laps at least for the entry. The AVG of those 3 laps is stored in one of the .sta files. If you continue racing, if the 4th lap makes a better AVG with the last two, then the new AVG is stored.
If you end the session, then you need to make another three laps for the AVG to be calculated again.

This way we pretend to avoid "magic" times, as going through the chicane to the limit until you get the extra tenth and that kind of things

By the way, finally we have the Airio stable. No more problems since the last update. We expect to move to FULL as soon as we have the numbers done (renewing both servers, site hosting, etc..)
HEy EQ,

I am having some problem with the !remove Command.
I got the same problem in v2.3.4a and v2.3.2,

The problem: When i type !remove UFR AS6 or !remove * * or !rem * * or !remove , nothing happens

hope you can help me

many thanks,

Reint Jan
Quote from hotmail :HEy EQ,

I am having some problem with the !remove Command.
I got the same problem in v2.3.4a and v2.3.2,

The problem: When i type !remove UFR AS6 or !remove * * or !rem * * or !remove , nothing happens

hope you can help me

many thanks,

Reint Jan

by default this is only available to Limad level 5, so if you're not logged in with server PW, or do not have Limad5 permission, you cannot use this command....

you can change the Limad level in .cfg file , look for EnableStats= command, or change your Limad rights to 5.
Quote from z-ro 8 :by default this is only available to Limad level 5, so if you're not logged in with server PW, or do not have Limad5 permission, you cannot use this command....

you can change the Limad level in .cfg file , look for EnableStats= command, or change your Limad rights to 5.

so when i am logged in with the admin pass it will not work?
Quote from hotmail :so when i am logged in with the admin pass it will not work?

it should.

i think i read that you may have to be in the car in which you choose to remove stats from, but not sure. may want to check manual.
Quote from z-ro 8 :it should.

i think i read that you may have to be in the car in which you choose to remove stats from, but not sure. may want to check manual.

well i have read the manual and in the car or spectate doesnt change anything.....
Quote :
!remove – deletes all gathered stats on your current track and your current car.

Try joining AS6 in UFR then type !remove
Quote from z-ro 8 :

Try joining AS6 in UFR then type !remove

got it working,

Thats wanst the fix btw
Quote from RocksGt :We were thinking of using an average of the X consecutive laps for the entry time. I mean, you must make 3 laps at least for the entry. The AVG of those 3 laps is stored in one of the .sta files. If you continue racing, if the 4th lap makes a better AVG with the last two, then the new AVG is stored.

Interesting idea! The principle itself is not as hard to implement. What actually takes much more time is creating the supporting framework - it'll need an external setting item, save/load to stats, commands to display the values etc. But it really is an interesting thing, so I'm writing it down for implementation.

Quote from RocksGt :By the way, finally we have the Airio stable. No more problems since the last update. We expect to move to FULL as soon as we have the numbers done (renewing both servers, site hosting, etc..)

Good to hear! The upcoming Airio 2.3.5 contains completely new connection code which I believe is cleaner, more efficient, and more reliable. Hopefully it will work at least just as well for you and others as the current does.

Whenever you decide to go for the FULL, just contact me using MSN, ICQ or PM, the deal is a matter of a few minutes.

Quote from hotmail :I am having some problem with the !remove Command. ... When i type !remove UFR AS6 or !remove * * or !rem * * or !remove , nothing happens

By default all stats manipulation commands are available only to super admins (limad level 5). The catch is the FREE version doesn't support this level, so to have stats commands available, you need to change one thing in CFG file - use EnableStats=4 there. After !rld you'll see in !ahelp all the stats manipulation commands. (I know you've already solved the problem, so this response is rather for other people thay may hit the same barrier.)
-
(ekze) DELETED by ekze
bl1r on demo
hallo, i tested your implementation of reversed demo server, its very nice idea and i like it (not sure about other demoers ).

there are few "incomplete" features imo (sorry if already reported)
- primarily penalties, what are cleared also durning race and allowing to do unrealistic lap times (check my one (and clear it if possible, please - entrance lap done through pits)
- also split areas are bit loose - regullary +0,5s on 1st split
- and finally, i miss the position and time gaps list durning race

anyway, good work, greetings to the czech republic!
EQ i've problem about that:

NumRejoins=1
KickRejoin=4
RaceRejoin=8

It works fine but Airio kick after 1 try to enter race and not after 4 times.

Why ?
I used AIRIO on one of our servers for a, AU1 layout but it went kind of crazy. It seemed like it was keeping two different time tables. !top was retrieving alternate sets of data. I could not establish when one or the other would show up but it was very weird .. ideas?
Quote from [d9] :reversed demo ... "incomplete" features imo

Oh yes, indeed. Sorry, it is in a very early state of development. Personally I'd add to the top of the list the starting sequence, because as of now it is very confusing. What I plan to do is make stats from pits, but give everyone "green light" at a different time so that the cars are further apart. Moving 1st split point is relatively easy, will do. Creating driver's list with position is not as easy, it will probably take a few days. And good point about "cheating" by going through pits! Will correct that... Greetings back at you to CZ, and thanks for the comments.

Quote from michele0676 :EQ i've problem about that ... It works fine but Airio kick after 1 try to enter race and not after 4 times.

Hi MC! Is this still a problem? I think it could happen once, right after changing these numbers, if that driver was rejoining the race earlier, but currently I do not see how this could be happening regularly. Anyway, if it is still a problem, I'll do some tests to see...

Quote from vicbel :I used AIRIO on one of our servers for a, AU1 layout but it went kind of crazy ... ideas?

Hard to say. It is always good to see 1st line (button) of !top output, because it says what track/layout/car the data are valid for. And certainly the same (current) combination should give the same results.
As a little Christmas present for anyone who cares about such things I've released Airio 2.3.5. Direct dowloand link is available in my signature, all updates are summarized here. It took some time to release this version, for two primary reasons:
  1. I was updating the core InSim library, completely changing server connection handling (to simpler, more efficient and more reliable code), and also extending Unicode support and strings handling in general (now full LFS to Unicode and back (!) conversion is supported). This meant changes to the existing code with hard-to-predict consequences.
  2. Recently I was also working on Aonio, a client-side helper tool displaying lots of additional info based on locally available data and processing. Be sure to check out the tool, I'd like to integrate it with Airio somehow (e.g. by making remaining fuel in cars generally available).
Here's a list of the important changes in Airio 2.3.5:
  • New connection and strings handling code, included now in separate Aegio .NET InSim library. To run Airio you need Airio.exe and also LiveForSpeed.InSim.Aegio.dll files (plus some config files, of course).
  • People "unnamed" and "login" are not kicked from server right after connecting. Instead they're spectated whenever they try to join race, with big messages displayed about how to change the name from default.
  • You can replace the "Airio Powered" small text in server logo with your own or just remove it (or simply adjust colors).
  • Custom start grid sorting may always put forward faster types of cars, also current combo points can be used in sorting.
  • FULL: If IP address capturing is active, country of drivers is queried, displayed in !players output and also used to set user language on 1st connect.
  • Joining track from pitlane may be checked and if there are any cars one or more laps ahead approaching, the joining car must give way or be penalized (e.g. spectated). This feature should work universally on every track.
  • Output of some commands was debugged or changed slightly, all known bugs (hopefully) corrected.
  • Also Airio servers page was updated, all links (for joining LFS server, calling peoples' LFSW stats) are working now, even for servers/people with strange names (e.g. Japanase characters).
As mentioned, there were many consolidating internal changes, so extensive testing of old and new features with bug reports is more that welcome. I will wait one or two days before sending the update to Franky of 500servers in case some severe bugs are discovered in the meantime. Enjoy!
Quote from EQ Worry : I will wait one or two days before sending the update to Franky of 500servers in case some severe bugs are discovered in the meantime. Enjoy!

I have had an issue with receiving e-mails as i have done some changes to my system here, Should be all well and good as of this afternoon though, so feel free to send away any time ,

Good work Worry,

EDIT: Free version of 2.3.5a has now been added.
Quote from franky500 :I have had an issue with receiving e-mails as i have done some changes to my system here, Should be all well and good as of this afternoon though, so feel free to send away any time

Almost every new version had an initial bug, usually something very easy to fix concerning a game state I forgot to think about. That's why I wanted to wait one or two days. And indeed I captured one nasty thing, grid sorting not working at all when car type speeds were not explicitly defined. But I see no more waiting is necessary, I'll send the files right now. And if there are bugs reported, small updates will follow.
Eq one question.

It's possible run airio in local for example when i'm in hotlap ?
Quote from michele0676 :It's possible run airio in local for example when i'm in hotlap ?

Airio is designed in such a way that it expects to be connected to a dedicated server, because it treats connection number 0 in a special way. Connection #0 is host in a dedicated server, or local LFS instance in non-dedicated server (such as when doing local hotlap).

I believe in the 2nd case it will display LFS warning messages (e.g. some messages are for multiplayer hosts only) and it may do other strange things. Overall, dedicated server is a requirement. You can try connecting it locally for hotlapping, but the results are unpredictable.

For local timing/speed info you can try Aonio (see link in my signature). It works also in single player and hotlapping mode - just hide the unnecessary multiplayer panels (radar, field).
oooo ... great, i need Aonio !!!
I think I found a kinda bug, maybe

Just been on IHR server with UF-BR [UFR|45,0 ] with the times thingy at the top set to LFSW pb, because most of my UFR pbs are infact UF-BR times. However, the times at the top show wrongly, i get the right split and sector times, but the "difference to LFSW pb" is always "+<insert time taken for split>", so say I did a 1.12.58 lap, it would show +1.12.58 as my "difference". Is this because Airio retrieves the car code of the actual car [in this case UFB] instead of the standard car on which its based [UFR here] for the pbs from LFSW? It should actually do the parent car if it doesn't.
It's not a bug, u need specify other param in airio.tcd.txt

for example, for we1 track

Track=WE1
Car=UFB
TimeAdjustment=1759

If u search in this thread u can find the way to calculate the time adjustament for each track.
Not really MC, J@tko is right, this is not about server config... If he uses UFB and also LFSW PB as the comparison base, there is no UFB found in his downloaded data and splits/sectors are always compared to zero, leading to the display he describes.

Now, using base car in this case could lead to large + numbers in case you actually have some have LFSW UFR PB on that track... OK, good point, I'll think about it... For some reason I chose not to use base cars when implementing this, but now I do not know what the reason was...

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG