The online racing simulator
Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
Your images don't have background layer, it's a single layer with transparent background. Open it up in image editing program, add a layer behind with a color of your choice and save the file. That should fix the problem.
Attached images
FXO-DAVIDSFARM-RENDER_fix.jpg
Hello, quick question:

How do you get the transparent background but with the shadows? That's what I've been trying to get.

At the moment I have to include the 'big circle' that the models are sat on to get shadows then blend this into a background where the png is transparent.
Quote from Subphonic :Hello, quick question:

Ho do you get the transparent background but with the shadows? That's what I've been trying to get.

At the moment I have to include the'big circle' that the models are sat on to get shadows then blend this into a background where the png is transparent.

Do empty background, I mean it shouldn't be anything behind the car
Thanks, last time I tried that though I just got the car, no shadows at all, like this (low-res test):
Attached images
XFR Enduro Sky floor test.png
Hmm, maybe it doesn't work in blender, because in 3D studio max that method works fine. I'm afraid that's all my help
No worries, cheers anyway. I'll keep experimenting!

EDIT: This is an old render and I've moved on a bit from here but obviously these little beauties don't really benefit from the 'studio' treatment, hence the desire to dump them on a more fitting background. (and no, it's not cr*p reflections, they really have no windows...)
Attached images
3XFGbangers.jpg
You just have to create a floor in any shape and then set the shader to "only shadows".
Perfect! Thanks man (once I'd found the button!)
So did it work?
Quote from only.one.RydeR :So did it work?

To me? Yes if so, hence the "Perfect, thanks..."

Nothing to post yet tho as I muffed up the render...ie only had a light behind the car so the whole thing was in shadow. Worked as proof-of-concept though.
Does this mean I don't have to have Ambient Occlusion on now? Because I'm REALLY impatient with renders.
Add some lights and then you can disable AO
Woooo thanks
Kit v2 not working with yafray
Downloaded blender with python and yafray and its not working with kit v2.Everytime i click on render button in yafray,it closes with error message.But if i dont load textures (skin), it will work.I tried many versions of blender+python+yafray and no one is working.Long time ago i remember i rendered lfs cars with yafray with no problem.Where is the problem now?Where i can find kit v1?Im googling second day for it.

And of course my system is:
WinXP Pro SP3
Intel Pentium Dual Core @ 3Ghz
2GB DDR2 Ram
Integrated Nvidia 7150
Now: Blender 2.49a+Python 2.6.2+YafRay 0.1.1

And one ot question.Must i have s2 license to have avatar?

Sorry for my English.
Attached images
error.jpg
how can put picture in the profile???

tell now
demo users can not upload profile picture. u r beat,get s2
Quote from e2mustang :demo users can not upload profile picture. u r beat,get s2

Then i will buy S2 license :-)
Quote from iFastLT :Add some lights and then you can disable AO

Something's wrong. I added a sun, and a hemi lamp, voila! No shadows.

I also tested it with the floor material set to OnlyShadow. Still no shadows.

Will test with lamps..

EDIT: No dice.
dont know what prog you use,but floor have to be enabled for shadow
I got same problem, floor with AO, only shadows selected, gave shadows, lamp without AO gives shadows on floor but not when only shadow is selected.
^^ Could you post a screenie with your material settings for the floor (the one that gives shadows)?
Just wanted to inform you, that there is now an early alpha release of Blender 2.5a.

It has a changed GUI and the most important thing is that is renders WAY WAY faster!!
Attached images
FZR_night2.png
can someone upload lfs cars for vray if possible,please?
maybe i asked too much.
can any 1 upload the xrt for me please? i really want to try something.converting mats is just a pain for me,never works.
Quote from e2mustang :maybe i asked too much.
can any 1 upload the xrt for me please? i really want to try something.converting mats is just a pain for me,never works.

Maybe you're doing something wrong? Because I can't find any difficulties converting car to v-ray. Let me explain this:
Import car from cmx file (3ds max 7)
Save it in .max and open it in your primary 3ds max
Press M for material menu, then press button "Get material", then go to scene "tab" and you will find one material, drag&drop it into free slot and choose copy method "instance".
Then press right mouse button somewhere in viewport and select "V-Ray scene conversion", it will convert all materials to V-ray ones.
Assign map to each material(if it's not already) and change some material to proper ones, like glass.

Hope that helps

Ready-To-Render kit (free)
(973 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG