The online racing simulator
Quote from Sir moi 407 :Seems like we can forget about Xmas :/

I think the patch will be ready for Xmas, next year!
Gentlemen, start your rumours..!
Quote from VoiD :Gentlemen, start your rumours..!

It is not like this will inculde updated crash physics, barriers fixes and parts falling off.

As for the PR, great work Scawen! Just what we all want to hear. I'm still gonna be happy even if it isn't out this year.
cough * "New Year?" *cough
:cookiemon Interesting read, thanks Scawen!
Quote from Renku :I think the patch will be ready for Xmas, next year!

But then weather system will be annunced and it will be pushed to xmas of 2012.
Good to know whats going on Thx for this.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :It is not like this will inculde updated crash physics, barriers fixes and parts falling off.

I know...

I meant the "new" release-date, guessed by the community.
X-mas-patch..? ...or later..? ...but when..? ...early 2010..? ...or X-mas next year..? C´mon...

Personally I realy don´t care.
All want is a non-canned, bug-free, highly predictable physics-engine. At least from my point of view as a former motor-mechanic with > 600.000Km real life driving experience under all conditions (apart from dust storms and monsuns).

It´s done when it´s done, nothing more, nothing less...
Quote from VoiD :I meant the "new" release-date, guessed by the community.
X-mas-patch..? ...or later..? ...but when..? ...early 2010..? ...or X-mas next year..? C´mon...

Realistically, it sounds like spring 2010. But that's just a guess as well.
Quote from zeugnimod :Realistically, it sounds like spring 2010. But that's just a guess as well.

Oh I hope it doesn't clash with the release of GT5.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Oh I hope it doesn't clash with the release of GT5.

thank you very much shadowww for the answer, it worked

and that would be a dream for me, you have two great (not sure about gt5) games that come out near each other, that would be great having to go back and forth for a while, never get bored of either game (for a while) never be bored (for a while :razz seems great if you ask me...even though you might not be the first to try everything
Quote from Intermediate07 :BTW: didnt read the whole pages so please dont flame me too much, but I was just wondering if all hotlaps will be deleted with the new tyre patch?

Yes, they will.
Quote from Intermediate07 :BTW: didnt read the whole pages so please dont flame me too much, but I was just wondering if all hotlaps will be deleted with the new tyre patch?

Well... nobody said so, but I can bet that all hotlaps will be deleted .
Sound very nice. But I feel......just like update of nkp..........very slowly,long long time @@..
Scawen
What about smoke? Something new?
Awww,sweet! I hope you'll release the new patch before next year's summer begins. Keep up the work!
Let's talk about facts. We don't have big new content for more than a year. We are waiting for the "real" patch for too long and it's getting boring. The good thing is, that we don't have to pay for next patch, but I don't care too much about the money in that case.
For me, I have to say waiting has a limit and I will have some fun with other simulations (iRacing and so on). There is more development going on there. That doesn't mean I will stop playing LFS, but I don't know what will be in the future.
Thanks for keeping us informed Scawen, nice to see another progress report from you.

I guess i'll take a break and come back, when there's new patch, it'll keep me more interrested in LFS, when it comes out.
I've noticed that if you pop a tire with higher pressure it maintains more grip than when you pop a tire with lower pressure. Is this somehow intentional?
Countdown !!! Here <---

For the guys who have missed it
The good old Blackwood Guru
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG