The online racing simulator
Quote from Scawen : Many people don't use AI at all, but others do use them

I use them quite alot, so very nice that you are going to improove them more, Good luck with that

Quote from Scawen :

and then I get back to work on the physics.

Great, good luck with that too, and have fun
btw just want to mention that now quick server join links works! nice work as always
i get these messages when i start lfs:

Error initialising : data\ogg\entry.ogg
OGG: Input does not appear to be an Ogg bitstream
Quote from Scawen :...Many people don't use AI at all, but others do use them...

AIs are the first "pilots" each LFSer meets, before going online.
Sometimes racing online can be intimidating, or plain difficult, to the newcomer, so every improvement towards getting more "real" AIs is welcome
Quote from Azzano62 :i get these messages when i start lfs:

Error initialising : data\ogg\entry.ogg
OGG: Input does not appear to be an Ogg bitstream

Some questions :

1) Did you install the full version or the patch?
2) What do you see in your LFS\data\ogg folder?
3) What happens if you go to Options... Audio... Select and try to play one of the music tracks there? (see attachment)
Attached images
options_audio_select.jpg
I installed the patch and i went to options/audio/select and selected entry and then restarted lfs and it does not show any more thanks
Quote from Scawen : And we will not take away that ability.

Thanks for making that clear. Whould be nice to see video showing new abilities of physics engine. Scirocco video was nice to watch. By the way I think "How to install Live for Speed" video should be removed to not mislead people as now we have a great installer.
Well, totally agree with you Amynue.
Quote from amynue :thanks for making that clear. Whould be nice to see video showing new abilities of physics engine. Scirocco video was nice to watch. By the way i think "how to install live for speed" video should be removed to not mislead people as now we have a great installer.

+111111!!!!!!!1111111111 for sure

come'on Scavier - isnt hard to do one small video
#60 - Dmt
When you are on crowded server, shift+p and press ESC to enter the track it says
User does not have a car
Could not add car info - unknown id

But you can deal with the problem after physics release.
Quote from Dmt :When you are on crowded server, shift+p and press ESC to enter the track it says
User does not have a car
Could not add car info - unknown id

Tried at "[AMG] GTR MotorSport" and I can confirm that

Quote from Dmt :But you can deal with the problem after physics release.

Yes, it's a minor bug
Quote from Gudowski :come'on Scavier - isnt hard to do one small video

C'mon, they don't have to also make a video, they have harder things to do! Just some user make and upload a video to YouTube and post the link here.
All is working fine.. but what is the problem using the PROGRAM FILES folder under Vista or Seven?
Quote from Scawen :
Drifting hosts are one example where extreme setups will be allowed, I am sure.

That's fantastic. By the way - is it possible to increase the max. lock of steering in cars used for drifting too? That will be big, awesome gift from you, especially, we will have new physics, so possibility to change max lock to 45* will be realistic (as in real drifting cars) and awesome
However, I'm pretty sure, that new patch will be smashing
Quote from Scawen :You are pointing out an issue with tyre heating / cooling that exists in the old physics and is not yet cured in the new physics. I found it was impossible to change a few numbers and fix that - I need to improve the tyre surface and rubber heating model.

Scawen,

Some people already had interesting thoughts about problems with LFS tyres heating/cooling. Maybe if you do some research on below posts/threads, you can find something that can help with your work.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5778

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1148554#post1148554 The whole thread is interesting but sometimes you need to skip the spam.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=769581#post769581 +next posts

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=819979#post819979

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1210219#post1210219
ah new patch i want s3
Quote from ponczak :That's fantastic. By the way - is it possible to increase the max. lock of steering in cars used for drifting too? That will be big, awesome gift from you, especially, we will have new physics, so possibility to change max lock to 45* will be realistic (as in real drifting cars) and awesome
However, I'm pretty sure, that new patch will be smashing

Fantastic news indeed. But if we are making limited setups and extreme then how about making it indeed extreme? Up to the drifting motorsport level.

2 typical mods in drifting that go together:

1) Tracking (that was in s1)
Example:
2) Steering lock modification that often needs tracking modified as well (was in s1)
3) Caster (was in s1)

I hope the pictures will give an idea of what steering lock drift cars use, which is actually more than 45 (pictures speak more than words):

Could ofcourse post more pictures, but I think it's enough.

Anyway, interesting idea would be to not allow the setup to be saved if steering lock / caster / tracking settings are not right. For example if the wheel is scrubbing the body badly. That way it would take some compromise to get big steering lock + it wouldn't allow 3d wheel model going trough car body. Unless the tire/body scrub is modeled then there is no need for that.
Quote from Scawen : But as it's completely different, the tyre heating needs to be done differently too. It simply doesn't work any more like it did. Also things like that little puff of smoke that comes out from a hot piece of tyre each time it hits the road - that has no place in the new LFS physics.

Quote from Scawen :Possibly the extreme setups could one day go further than they do now.

Drifting hosts are one example where extreme setups will be allowed, I am sure.

:hyper:

On topic, the patch is working without problems. As expected.
no problems here so far

the installer makes LFS more comfortable i think, good work.
#70 - Dmt
Quote from Byku :Although it is offtopic... sorry... Scawen, it's great that You are implementing limited setup options, but remember those unlimited setup options in LFS were also it's strength. There is huge userbase which simply loves to play with LFS setups(just look at setup subforum). I might ask too much(and i will understand that) but... two "cards" of setup options would be nice, with possibility to enforce "basic" or "advance(with maybe even more setup options than now?)" setup on a particular server(Iracing style). I am personally such a person, who loves the possibilities in LFS setups(and how I can feel every change). Thanks to LFS i've learned a lot about differencials, supsension etc. Of course I accept every change You will make, but remember , You've made awesome physics engine... don't take from some of us the possibility to play with it .

With regards
Me .

IMO realistic setup options on all the road cars is an absolute necessity in LFS, and it's where it's lagging behind the most compared to other sims. The hugely unrealistic setup options we have now make it so that people can come up with the most ridiculous setups and be fast with them.

Realistic setup options would be a huge leap forward for LFS. And not as a host option, 'cause that will just shift the problem elsewhere. Sure there's gonna be loads and loads of people whining over this. Well bugger them. When has it ever been different whenever a big change was made?
Quote from obsolum :Realistic setup options would be a huge leap forward for LFS. And not as a host option, 'cause that will just shift the problem elsewhere. Sure there's gonna be loads and loads of people whining over this. Well bugger them.

No there won't, because "realistic setups" won't be forced for everyone like Scawen said.

If they would be forced, there'd be people leaving LFS. Guaranteed.
Something tells me that Scawen is secretly working on Break-Off Damage.

But ofcourse even if he is, he would probably never tell us.
when i clicked join host it gives me an error (windows 7 ultimate 64 bit) Z28
the server list is with iframe from lfsworld on lfs-bg.net index page
Attached images
Untitled.png
Quote from BOSCHO :when i clicked join host it gives me an error (windows 7 ultimate 64 bit) Z28
the server list is with iframe from lfsworld on lfs-bg.net index page

It looks like an oversight by Vic, the links in the server status pages are still the Join2LFS format.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z28 (installer test + minor updates)
(84 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG