The online racing simulator
Let admins to do their job and to decide,ok?
I saw empty space there,and decide to go there.Admins will decide about that appeal.
Oh I'm all for the Admins making the decisions. It's several people on here, who seem to be arguing over protests that have be made.
Why not let the protests be made, and not comment on them, and as said, let the Admins make their decisions. If you really want to 'discuss' protests that have been made, discuss them privately with the team/teams involved.
Quote from GianniC :Yeah, my mirror is full black. Going to have to find out how to get image in it again, damn resetted LFS options.

LFS - options - wiew- mirrors - show all (I think)
Freedom of speech !!!
Please remember that
a) This is R1
and
b) This is an "amateur" league.

Thus don't expect perfect driving from everyone, incidents will happen, so don't protest every single little incident. Make sure YOU check the replay before making a protest. Of course, I'm not saying there won't be incidents that need protesting and/or deserve a penalty from us, but reporting someone just because they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time and put you in the gravel, even though it wasn't their fault, isn't fair on us, them, nor is very sportsman-like.

Overall, I thought the driving standard was pretty good out there. There were only a few "ZOMG WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" moments, a handful of "oops" moments, probably exacerbated by the tight, short circuit.

I spoke to a couple of the drivers last night after the race, they said the lapped cars were generally very well behaved, although a couple were a "little hard to pass" Just remember not to do any sudden movements, keep your line and let the faster car through.
Quote from GianniC :I also had a sort of "jumpstart", not as impressive as SRS's start but I also gained 3 places on the straight alone

If I jump started how did I ended up in last? :P

In fact it was so weird back there, I was closing in the chicane, everyone was scattered and going full throttle, I was like "well after the chicane/last corner I guess we'll do the starting formation" when suddenly it was green flag.

Judging by your qualify time I was kinda looking forward to meeting you on track Gianni, but my race was terrible as you all know. Did an ok first 40mins (slow but consistent), but then all hell broke loose culminating on my flip as Ken lapped me for the second time. Poor James didn't even get to race.

Thanks to AstroBoy for racing with me most of the time, I would have slept if you weren't there.
What if I am a lapped car and in a front of me is car which is one lap ahead. Can I pass, if I'm fast enough?
I think the general rule would be:
If your fast enough to pass and pull away, then yes. Go ahead and unlap yourself.
Quote from Drift King CZ :What if I am a lapped car and in a front of me is car which is one lap ahead. Can I pass, if I'm fast enough?

Yes, as long as you don't obstruct that car and actually are faster so that you don't have to blue flag them again
Quote from JayEyeBee :Another screenshot where 11 is turning in, 04 is not and there is no overlap.

I would have been happy to accept whatever decision an adjudicator will make, without comment. Clearly this incident is not as clear as some of the other moves during the race, but we think a review is in order. You seem to be angry that you've been protested. Don't be, it's not personal. It's maneuver on the track we're protesting, not the person behind the wheel.

Jonathan

KHM KHM ...so few images
Attached images
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard02.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard04.jpg
Thanks Ki-Men.

Quote from de Souza :Judging by your qualify time I was kinda looking forward to meeting you on track Gianni, but my race was terrible as you all know.

See you next race.

And also about the starting procedure. It didn't really work perfectly on Blackwood, because the finish straight is just too short... the rest of field was still somewhere in or before last corner and then they speeded up to shorten the gap. But in the moment there was green flag and so they had highed speed than cars in lead. Maybe the limiter should be turned on earlier?

At last, I want to apologise for my "taking back" procedure while the safety car was deployed. Fortunately, I was told to don't pass. I read the rules, but somehow forgot that part. Well, this was my first race of this kind ever and I didn't really race much till now, so this was a good experience in the way I learnt something . But we could fight for the top 3 if there wouldn't be the accident.

Sorry about my English.
Quote from Cawwa :Sugested change in the rolling start rules:
VIII. Race Procedures
... and the front row must be on the pitlane speedlimiter until the marked point. When the front row have passed the marked point they release the pitlimiter and slowly accelerate waiting for the green.
I also suggest the following: No passes in the same file is allowed before the start/finish line.
The front row should have the advantage to descide when to go. As it was now they got the disadvantage.
But as the 7karat driver points out, nothing could happen if passing wasn't allowed before the s/f line. (Nascar style)

Agree 100% with my teammate Cawwa!

I also think the greenflag should be "shouted out" in the chat so there's no room for misunderstandings or "hidden green flag behind a yellow flag"

Watching the replay I also noticed there were a lot of confusion regarding the SC. I can't see any notice on the screen stating the race is under SC conditions .. or is that screenmsg not visible in the replay? illepall
There were a lot of confusions at the back of the safety car, when cars catching up the line-up started to pass them, not realising SC was at the very begininning of the line up!

Hopefully IRM will get a chance to compete with u guys already in the league, we're still on waiting list ... :eclipsee_
Quote from sjoblom :Agree 100% with my teammate Cawwa!

I also think the greenflag should be "shouted out" in the chat so there's no room for misunderstandings or "hidden green flag behind a yellow flag"

Watching the replay I also noticed there were a lot of confusion regarding the SC. I can't see any notice on the screen stating the race is under SC conditions .. or is that screenmsg not visible in the replay? illepall
There were a lot of confusions at the back of the safety car, when cars catching up the line-up started to pass them, not realising SC was at the very begininning of the line up!

Hopefully IRM will get a chance to compete with u guys already in the league, we're still on waiting list ... :eclipsee_

It does. When deko [or whoever] presses "Green Flag", it comes up as an rcm on screen AND as a message in chat. However, mpr's don't save those messages therefore you can't see it in the replay
Quote from ivantod :Lap 34
42:47:88
I pwn you in last turn.
Lap 35
44:02:19
I did it again,but no u turn IN me.Your fault.

45:15 sec here is screenshot from game.What happend here?

I am talking about these. I have no idea what replay you are using.
I left you room, you went in too fast and your front end slid out into my car. At the exit you were at the outside edge of the track where I was going to be if you did not bump me.
Attached images
Car 27.jpg
Apex.jpg
sliding outside.jpg
Contact made.jpg
Countersteer due to contact..jpg
Seriously wtf.jpg
Quote from J@tko :It does. When deko [or whoever] presses "Green Flag", it comes up as an rcm on screen AND as a message in chat. However, mpr's don't save those messages therefore you can't see it in the replay

However, it should show a chat green flag in the stream replay shouldn't it? that way you'll be able to get a accurate time of when it came up in chat to then analyse that against the replay without the chat......?
Quote :
Quote from AjRose :FYI the green flag flew at Exactly 2:11.41 race time

Edit: Or 2:38.44 replay time.

Quote from boothy :The green flag was waved at 2:11.34 on the race clock, and at that time #27 hadn't overtaken anyone.

Quote from StableX :However, it should show a chat green flag in the stream replay shouldn't it? that way you'll be able to get a accurate time of when it came up in chat to then analyse that against the replay without the chat......?

I'm believing those two above [from posts in this thread], and based on that, #27 did not jump start. But of course we can check the exact time from the stream

And thanks for making up that quote

EDIT: Or we can do what the almighty Boothy suggests!
Quote from J@tko : EDIT: Or we can do what the almighty Boothy suggests!

Always a good idea If Deko had done that before the race Dmt wouldn't have taken a trip into the scenery
Not that there is any point making an official protest, but....

Quote from racer hero :The whole purpose of the guest team is too show us an example of the MoE/IGTC driver quality. They aren't scored for points, so why are you all worrying about it?

pmsl

Check out the incident between cars 00 and 09 beginning at 41.05.

Car 09 left foot breaks on the straight giving way under blue flag. During the overtake, the "Advanced Driver" from spdo cleverly decides to cut back onto the racing line when there was no requirement to do so, wipes us out and sends his own into orbit.

That same 'overtake under blue flag' move happened plenty other times with the rest of the faster Amateur drivers and there was never an issue

Sore one, and not even an apology.

Cheers
Quote from ivantod :You should be aware that I am inside.

We will let the admins decide on that.
Quote from skstibi :I am talking about these. I have no idea what replay you are using.
I left you room, you went in too fast and your front end slid out into my car. At the exit you were at the outside edge of the track where I was going to be if you did not bump me.

Yes it is lap 35.
Lap 34
42:47:88
I overtake you in last turn.
Lap 35
44:02:19
I did it again,but U turn IN me.Your fault.

HINT:when u r talking about time in replay,watch the upper right corner,there is a time of the race.

Quote from AjRose :We will let the admins decide on that.

Yes,we will let admins to decide.
Maybe your driver should let the faster drivers pass earlier on the straight, and maybe he should not brake on ideal line..
The spdo driver reacted very fast but unfortunately he went back to the right...
We will let the admins decide on that.
Quote from GianniC :Yeah, my mirror is full black. Going to have to find out how to get image in it again, damn resetted LFS options.

I think you'll find he was probably commenting on the fact that his car was facing the wrong direction... i think.

Quote from PaulC2K :It looked very bizarre on the Remote, but i got the feeling that it was more a case of him being on the throttle already when the race happened to go green, so he was able to go past everyone. I havent seen the replay to know if that even remotely accurate, but its what i thought had happened.
Doesnt excuse what happened when he got to T1 though.... again, from how it looked on the remote.

Did i call it, or did i call it

Quote from StableX :There is no way, based on the way the grid was lined up that the race should have been started and green flagged in chat.

There should have been an extra rolling lap until the drivers bunched up properly!

Everything stems from that poor decision to start the race, even though drivers were not even around the last bend fully!

Yeah, thats how i'd interpret the race start.
When we were made to attend the test round we had 3-4 cracks at the start because previous ones werent suitable, and if the first car over the line by a distance isnt the pole driver, then straight away we have an unsuitable start.
Part of the problem will always be the drivers trying to be careful and not get too close that they have to slam on the brakes if the car infront needs to, only to get hit from behind because of your sudden actions. So the field isnt going to be as bunched as it could be, and that start section isnt exactly ideal for getting people lined up as its so short and the chicane & hairpin dont help the side-by-side setup. It might be fine for the first 10-16 cars through, but by the time the leader is at the line theres still cars who arent into formation properly.

So I think its partly the first lap being run out of shape and still going green despite this, and partly the fact that the track doesnt really help matters.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG