The online racing simulator
i cant wait to see how many members of RSR will post here and attack me,only because they want to disguise that dirty trick on start.
Quote from J@tko :

EDIT: And I'm not sure a 30s penalty to deko would affect the results... :P

well, if Deko had a 30 second penalty, that would have delayed the start and all the trouble that has come of the start error could have been avoided

Quote from StableX :well, if Deko had a 30 second penalty, that would have delayed the start and all the trouble that has come of the start error could have been avoided

Good one

Back on-topic [ish]. We're in the process of reviewing the protests, and thus the results of them should be out soon-ish [today/tomorrow/Tuesday]. We can then add them up onto the tracker and give out the final results
Quote from ivantod :i cant wait to see how many members of RSR will post here and attack me,only because they want to disguise that dirty trick on start.

Now your just letting yourself down now, read your own posts before accusation of RSR attacking you. if you feel that way we apologise.

I'll leave it at that.
Quote from J@tko :Good one

Back on-topic [ish]. We're in the process of reviewing the protests, and thus the results of them should be out soon-ish [today/tomorrow/Tuesday]. We can then add them up onto the tracker and give out the final results

thanks mate
Quote from [FAR]D1ggA :Lap and Replay Time of incident: 2nd Lap, first corner of the real race!
Car(s) involved: n!faculty #21, RAPTOR-RACING #08

In T1 after green flag #21 gives us a hard bump. J. Wand crashes into the wall on the outside and our race is in fact over, cause after the needed pitstop we are last with almost a lap behind. We had no chance to continue with that damage.

The car #08 already made a mistake when braking into T1 and turned away left side without our action. The bump was not intended but also nearly not avoidable, cause all around there were other cars..
I am really sorry for that incident, but in fact of your driver doing the first, initiating failure I didn't want to risk bringing the other drivers on track in danger...
This is nice.
First the car 27 accelerate to early and pass the half field and made colision in T1.
My teammate was downshift and spin to awoid another collision with car 27 and other cars , because after collision car 27 who was ahead him was lost hes speed to 80 km/h on place all others draiwing 130.
After that , teammates of car 27 is comming here to "explain" that is not thrue .

Wery , wery nice ended.
Quote from P1lot :Forgive me if I've missed some important reason for double file, but wouldn't rolling starts be easier with single file instead? If you're only watching the car in front (instead of also having to watch to the side) then your position is more defined. Still have staggering, but not overlap maybe.

Tradition perhaps? I can't find any real life endurance series having single file starts. Of course it'd be way safer, but then we could also forbid overtaking manoevers for the sake of security too Or do the full race under SC
car 27 downshifted and spun to avoid contact?
gtAl spirit
Quote from CELTIC100 :Now your just letting yourself down now, read your own posts before accusation of RSR attacking you. if you feel that way we apologise.

I'll leave it at that.

If u take a piece of sh*t and wrap it in chocolate foil wrapper,that piece of s*it still wont be a chocolate,so lets stop this nonsense.
Quote from Fuse5 :
gtAl spirit

Its only 1st round of 7 so probably we have more things to see
Quote from Fuse5 :car 27 downshifted and spun to avoid contact?
gtAl spirit

Good joke
Quote from ivantod :If u take a piece of sh*t and wrap it in chocolate foil wrapper,that piece of s*it still wont be a chocolate,so lets stop this nonsense.

you're the one spouting non-sense... it's already been determined that the green flag was waved early, and nobody realized it except for a few people...
Quote from ivantod :i cant wait to see how many members of RSR will post here and attack me,only because they want to disguise that dirty trick on start.

I am not attacking you at all. All I did was saying he shouldnt be apologizing to you at all. But as a gentlemen he is he did just because you asked him.

Quote from Ki-Men :This is nice.
First the car 27 accelerate to early and pass the half field and made colision in T1.
My teammate was downshift and spin to awoid another collision with car 27 and other cars , because after collision car 27 who was ahead him was lost hes speed to 80 km/h on place all others draiwing 130.
After that , teammates of car 27 is comming here to "explain" that is not thrue .

Wery , wery nice ended.

That trick or whatever everyone is calling is up to the admins. I am not defeding or hidding that at all. Who thinks that RSR is hidding that is wrong we just dont see the point discussing it because the admins havent replied on that. Also didnt I say that T1 was Kev`s fault to begin with ?. That was a nasty stupid move no doubt about it. But he already said that himselfs aswell. I leave that to the admins what penalty it will bring.

I expland the misshift from youre teammate here below. He applied throttle were there was aboslutly no reason to apply throttle at that point with so many cars around. Why is that Kevs fault to begin with ?. Your teammate applied the throttle at that point now didnt he ?. Or is that Kevs fault aswell because your teammate applied the throttle in a place were allother cars are breaking ?. Off course he had to down shift and avoid a collision but if he applied the break there instead of the throttle he wouldnt be spun out at all. Dont just blaim everything on kev. Look at the replay and stated times I have said in another post.

So for the record we are not covering up any mistale Kev made at the start. If the admins decide he was fault with the start so be it. If he get a penalty for that incident on T1, well he knew it was coming.
Quote from P1lot :Forgive me if I've missed some important reason for double file, but wouldn't rolling starts be easier with single file instead? If you're only watching the car in front (instead of also having to watch to the side) then your position is more defined. Still have staggering, but not overlap maybe.

Normally I would agree in having something "easier" over something "realistic", but IGTC and MoE both have rolling starts, so we really should too so that people get the "practice".

Quote from StableX :and now for something completely different

LOL.

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Tradition perhaps? I can't find any real life endurance series having single file starts. Of course it'd be way safer, but then we could also forbid overtaking manoevers for the sake of security too Or do the full race under SC

Full race under SC sounds a tad dull

Quote from ivantod :If u take a piece of sh*t and wrap it in chocolate foil wrapper,that piece of s*it still wont be a chocolate,so lets stop this nonsense.

Gee, thanks for that gem of information.
niels1
I was learning in last weaks more abaut the rules.
My teamate feal that the car 27 is quilty for his spun , akording the GTAL rules X.4
Quote :4.If you are involved in an incident with another car(s) and you feel that it was caused by another competitor, you may file a complaint in the thread specified for such in the LFS Forums. A format for appeals will be provided in the thread.

he has right to made his complain and the judges is to decide what is true and what not.
Quote from ivantod :You should be aware that I am inside.

Another screenshot where 11 is turning in, 04 is not and there is no overlap.

I would have been happy to accept whatever decision an adjudicator will make, without comment. Clearly this incident is not as clear as some of the other moves during the race, but we think a review is in order. You seem to be angry that you've been protested. Don't be, it's not personal. It's maneuver on the track we're protesting, not the person behind the wheel.

Jonathan
Attached images
titled.jpg
Quote from niels1 :Off course he had to down shift and avoid a collision but if he applied the break there instead of the throttle he wouldnt be spun out at all.

I would regain control after that downshift,but i had gently but slightly touch with #22,and then i spin.
Why #22 was there on my left?Because #27 push him left in T1.
Quote :Coming into the left kink, you were up to 8th, that's now 9 places ahead of your qualifying position, and still 17km/h faster than the car alongside you. As you entered into the right hander, you made a totally un-needed contact with the Lublin car, leading to a chain reaction crash also involving EER and SCP. The impact point is shown in the final picture, and is quite obviously caused by your higher, unlawful speed vs every other car on track.

What did i see when i was there.
Start.We are approaching T1.In the middle of nowhere,FXR is flying beside me,jumping on the curbs,where 3-4 cars were.I saw that some sh*t is gonna happend.Brake,downshift,wind in that corner,slightly touch with XRR and spin.
Quote from phoenixIlooka :The car #08 already made a mistake when braking into T1 and turned away left side without our action. The bump was not intended but also nearly not avoidable, cause all around there were other cars..
I am really sorry for that incident, but in fact of your driver doing the first, initiating failure I didn't want to risk bringing the other drivers on track in danger...

tjere was a little drift but not so much, that it could take us off track and if you see the little mistake you can slow down a little... but anyways. we wait for race marshalls to decide^^
I am not angry at all.
I had faster entry speed for that corner.I was there.#11 brake too early.If he give me few inches room,we would pass together,and he will be on throtlle before me,and he will be in front of me after that turn.You cant act like that i wasnt there,and holding some racing lines through the corner like you are alone on the track.

Quote :It's maneuver on the track we're protesting, not the person behind the wheel.

Well,person behind the wheel is actually doing all maneuvres :P
Started 18th. The start was messy. The double file didn't work well due to short last line; while front cars started speeding up, the backmarkers were still getting into two lines. And when in the back we somewhat were in two lines, the green flag waved. I also had a sort of "jumpstart", not as impressive as SRS's start but I also gained 3 places on the straight alone, simply by starting to speed up when green flag was waved. That's what you get for reading and understanding the rules . Some spins in turn 1, closely avoided a car standing with it's nose in front of me. All going nice until turn 2... The wind was ****ing annoying. Was 15th on that moment.

My tyres were still a bit cold, didn't really warmed them up in that SC lap as I was being careful on the speeding-slowing down traffic in front (how hard is it to just drive the same speed...) and wanted to avoid the misshap as I experienced in Round 0. Got turn 2 a lot wrong because of that wind, tryed to push a bit more elsewhere on the track but it never worked out. Made one nice pass in the chikane, gained another spot as a car spun in the last turn by going on the grass. 12th position at this moment. Tyres got hot because of that and I started to lose places (not only by being slow but also by being hit two times by others, not very mint...), from 18th to 12th and back to 24th. I obviously could not get into my pace, not sure why... maybe the nerves, not enough experience with the car or other. It just all felt bad and obviously went bad. Also spun it once for giving too nicely a blue flag passage and getting for a bit into the grass. For the rest the race was okay. Shame of Paul his disconnects, we could have ended more midfield without those, oh well. Paul did a good job with little preparation, thanks for that Paul.

I do hate the S2 Blackwood GP.
The S1 Blackwood GP was so nice, this one is horrible.

Lets move on to Round 2. Thanks NDR for hosting and broadcast, good job as usual. I hope in Round 2 we can have a better start with a nice double lined up grid and that we have no wind in the race. Also; NO CHAT was given when the grid was being set up, yet lots of people chatted... no penalty. I have no objection at all to these harsh and little detail rules, in fact I love them (unlike Paul ), but go through with the penalties and keep everything fair and open for all. Saying that there won't be a penalty now because it's Round 1 is nonsense to me, we had the testrace for a reason!

GianniC ,something is wrong on picture GTAL_round1_4.pngillepall
Nice picture
Quote from ivantod :GianniC ,something is wrong on picture GTAL_round1_4.pngillepall

Yeah, my mirror is full black. Going to have to find out how to get image in it again, damn resetted LFS options.
Quote from ivantod :You should be aware that I am inside.

Quote :“Any Measure of Overlap” is defined as the front of the overtaking car being level
with or beyond the rear quarter-panel of the overtaken car (for tin-tops) or rear wheel
(for single-seaters).

Now at which point, "before," #11 turned in to the corner, had you achieved overlap?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG