The online racing simulator
Quote from z-ro 8 :i dont recall seeing much "formation" in R0......

Oh how history repeats itself...

I would also like to say that some people should get a bit more practice in before trying to race. oldnavy and fabiansaad. Most of the people seems pretty well prepared though, not quite as "amateur" as I expected. Only one SC? good going guys.
Quote from z-ro 8 :Firstly, I would like to apologize to #02 and #07. The ONLY reason i made contact was because i was concentrating more on the #22 which did not see me coming inside, including his contact.

As for the start, i got lucky.

As per the rules, i stayed single file up to the last section, avoiding going side-by-side in the chicane, as was requested in the practice race.
In the last turn #23 was a lane too high, so i was way outside.
Keeping in mind that at 2:01 Race Control chatted "Double up after last turn", I accelerated (somewhat suffering from turbo lag). At 2:39 as i was nearing my position next to #23,i applied the brakes, and just after i saw GREEN FLAG in chat, therefore the race began (for those who refuse to read the rules, once the green flag flies, game-on: no need to wait till after you pass the s/f line). No intentional hanging back, no screwing with the field to gain an advantage.
After the GREEN was thrown, there were several cars bunched up on the left side of the track, some hitting the brakes. Not my problem, noone on outside ahead of me.

IMO the start never should have happened. If the rules state side-by-side starts, then i suggest everyone go back and check the entire field at the point in which the green was thrown. There is one row out of 14 that is technically "side-by-side", two others that are somewhat close. It's not really that i got a good start, it's the fact that most of the field got a shitty start.

Turn one is my responsibility. My mistake i have apologized for it. Several times. Remember the what the "A" in GTAL stands for.....

Honestly, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the bullshit i've read in this and the protest thread is unbef**kinleivable. A Youtube video? C'mon.
4SRT, two words: LFS Remote.

When a penalty is issued for turn one, I will accept it without prejudice.
The flaming on the other hand.....

Regards,
K. Myers
RSR.havoc

Oh c'mon... 22 (me) saw you comming, but you came there like on the last moment... You just had to pass everyone on 1st corner, didn't you? ... I don't understand how can you say something like this even after watching the video.

EDIT: I react in this way because it sounds to me like you're saying that's me on the blame.
Quote from ivantod :Do u apologize to # 04 ?

A stands for win in first corner? :P

Hmmm I watch the start now about 100 times. I dont see why Kev would apologize to you because you shifted back in 2nd gear. There is nothing Kev could have done about that. He didnt touch you at all. You made that mistake. Not Kev. And if you be objective about that youll see that people crashing after that came because of you. You ended up in the middle of the track. The crash Kev made was concernig car 02 and car 07. Car 02 cought it and went on his way. As car 07 concerned he went of on the left side on the track with the nose of the car in the right direction not being in the way of any cars around him. You on the other by shifting down from 3rd to 2nd which wasnt necesarry at all had too much torgue at the rear wheels which made the car spin. By doing that you turned around right with your nose pointing the other direction. Pointing towards the upcoming traffic.

Now as a good guy Kev is he apologized to you for nothing. You made that spin not Kev.

And on another note that Kev made were you used your car 04 as a break maker on several cars on track. Look at the reports for instance or at the post skstibi made several down here. So your judging Kev for something you have doing the complete race.

As far as the dive bomb Kev made he will need to clarify himself for the Grand Stand RSR judge concerning his actions at T1 . That was totally unnecesarry and he will be punished for that . Probably a old whoop and spanking will do the trick. So if you dont see Kev driving it will be because he cant sit down for a while
Quote from z-ro 8 :
4SRT, two words: LFS Remote.

2 small questions. What do you mean by that? + why 4SRT just came up from nowhere? Sorry, I read the whole page quite quickly, so I might have skipped some lines, but I really didn't understand what you mean.
Sorry if this is off topic, but when can we expect results from you guys. Thanks

Ben
Quote from livefornow :Sorry if this is off topic, but when can we expect results from you guys. Thanks

Ben

Provisional results are in tracker, http://tracker.newdimensionracing.com

Official results will be out generally 5-7 days later, following resolution of protests and verification of everything. 5-7 is the goal, may be more if the round was a mess or less if it was a cakewalk.
I'm sure the results will come in a couple of days after the protests etc have been sorted out.

I watched some of the racing on the stream. It was a very interesting race, start was abit iffy but thats just the way it is sometimes, I think with the double file rolling start these problems will always occur, hopefully less as the series progresses.

Regarding the RSR incident, well turn one was abit stupid, but unintentional mistakes do happen (my stupid rejoin in test race for example). RSR are a very good team and the driver Myers has always showed good consistent pace. A moment of madness should not be held against them, hopefully we can all move on from this now.

Congrats to T7R for the win and a big thanks and well done to the NDR team.
Quote from N!ghtm@re :o man this guy should be banned......

So you see a video and totally not kwoning what your on about.
If you dont know what youre on about keep your comments to yourself.
Or read up in this thread.

What a idiotic remark. Childisch
Sugested change in the rolling start rules:
VIII. Race Procedures
3.The race shall be started with a double-file rolling start after one lap behind the Safety Car. Drivers are to remain in single-file formation until the last sector where all tyre warming activities are to stop and teams are to get into double file and the front row must be on the pitlane speedlimiter until the marked point. When the front row have passed the marked point they release the pitlimiter and slowly accelerate waiting for the green. The rest of the field follow the front row until the green flag flies. The pole-sitting team may choose to start from the right or left of track, prior to grid setting.

I also suggest the following: No passes in the same file is allowed before the start/finish line.

About the discussion about #27:
He tryes to catch the field after last turn. When he catches the field the green goes and he just continue in his good speed. Imho he does nothing wrong acording to the rules as they are now. (the T1 accident is another story here, I guess Kev got to eager ... )
What courses this unfair situation is the rules themselves who force the front row to go on pitlimiter this close to the green flag. It should be the other way around. The front row should have the advantage to descide when to go. As it was now they got the disadvantage.

But as the 7karat driver points out, nothing could happen if passing wasn't allowed before the s/f line. (Nascar style)
Can i ask with Tracker it shows we finished 19th but it was 18th, is this just me being silly or is there a mistake there?
Quote from skstibi :Car #4 needs attitude adjustment.
If you watch car #4 and #14 lap 35 time right at 44min 30sec there is a prime example. Divebomb and if someone is there, there is contact. I got pushed into a wall and lost quite a bit of time due to damage.

Lap 34
42:47:88
I pwn you in last turn.
Lap 35
44:02:19
I did it again,but no u turn IN me.Your fault.
Quote from skstibi :
Edit: On lap 36 time: 45min 15sec. Car#4 comes out of the corner and runs straight into the side of car#27. I was not looking for that in my replay, I just ran across it.

45:15 sec here is screenshot from game.What happend here?
Quote from livefornow :Can i ask with Tracker it shows we finished 19th but it was 18th, is this just me being silly or is there a mistake there?

Someone timed out.
I've left it until now to say anything and have just watched the replay. As has been said by PMD and a few others, everything that is at fault seems to stem from the race being started when the grid was not lined up properly. There is no way, based on the way the grid was lined up that the race should have been started and green flagged in chat.

There should have been an extra rolling lap until the drivers bunched up properly!

Everything stems from that poor decision to start the race, even though drivers were not even around the last bend fully!
Quote from AjRose :Lap and Replay Time 2H 28M 11sec.
Car(s) involved: #04 and #11
Brief description of incident: Car#04 divebombs our car in the corner. And continues to use him to make his way through the turn.

You should be aware that I am inside.
Quote from hyntty :Someone timed out.

Its Lublin Racing Team
So i tell our version... Pietter starts from 3rd and he's computer from nowhere starts working pretty bad 1st lap 40-50FPS 30, 20, 15 and shut down... so thats why we lost our places after start, from 3dr to 9th with slide show. and then DC then i must go into the server and i dont have all skins so its downloading for 30-40 seconds.... ;/ so thats why we have -2 laps... totally unfortunately race for us because we have a hope for a very good result in this race after that good quali but this is endurance race and you win with a team and lose with team too... and finally 15th i think from tracker.

Gratz to Triple 7 Racing, you guys are doing good job there
Quote from ivantod :Lap 34
...................... 45:15 sec here is screenshot from game.What happend here?

Me too, seeing nothing wrong there. They are fighting for positions but thats it.
Quote from niels1 :Hmmm I watch the start now about 100 times. I dont see why Kev would apologize to you because you shifted back in 2nd gear. There is nothing Kev could have done about that.

Don't act like a bunch of retards please.

Think about it.Why i downshift to 2nd gear?
Please, keep it civilized with the insults.
Quote from ivantod :Don't act like a bunch of retards please.

Because at 2:25;20 when turned in for the corner you applied throttle. At that point Kev already was breaking. SO you gave more throtlle knowing people break at that point. Then at 2:25:89 you still didnt break which leaves you no other choice then to shift backwards. At that point you almost right up Kev bump.

So not Kevs fault you applied throttle on a corner seeing people break. thats your choice

edit ; I leave it at this.
Quote from ivantod :Don't act like a bunch of retards please.

Still Not Kev's fault it was a hamfisted downshift
Quote from StableX :Protest, Pre-Lap One
Against: Organiser
Reason: Starting Race when grid was not lined up in accordance with the rules.

rofl:monkey:
Forgive me if I've missed some important reason for double file, but wouldn't rolling starts be easier with single file instead? If you're only watching the car in front (instead of also having to watch to the side) then your position is more defined. Still have staggering, but not overlap maybe.
Quote from StableX :Protest, Pre-Lap One
Against: Organiser
Reason: Starting Race when grid was not lined up in accordance with the rules.

Deko did say that he was going to abort the start and go around again, but a) didn't really want to and b) next time around it probably wouldn't be any better. Getting in and staying in a formation through S3 there is very hard tbh

EDIT: And I'm not sure a 30s penalty to deko would affect the results... :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG