The online racing simulator
SEVEN LFS Telemetry
(186 posts, started )
Yes Ripley,it's working now
The problem was the admin password i set when i had a game over the internet a month ago.
Once deleted the issue was gone.
But....Seven still crashes when i try to save the setup.
Any clue?
i finally got it to work, but the program keeps on crashing after some minutes.. can anyone explain or help?

running XP sp3 32bit
Quote from IlGuercio :Yes Ripley,it's working now...

Good!!
I also had several crashes, yesterday while spectating at least three or four times, than while driving also one or two.....then I stopped loading it, and raced instead!

XP home 32 bit
2Gb Ram
Quote from Ripley :Good!!
Yes, I also have several crashes, yesterday while spectating at least three or four times, than while driving also one or two.....then I stopped loading it, and raced instead!

XP home 32 bit
2Gb Ram

Guys, I had the same problem yesterday... I'm running the program and he crashed after some minutes. I figured out that the problem is when start the application in the middle of the race, or when the race ends. I got this error on this situations. If you start the app on the beginning of the race, he doesn't crash. I think that its possible that when starts the app in the middle of race, when someone pass one split time, he try to calculate the time with nothing, becose there is no history. So, I'm trying to find this and correct.

When I find this bug, I will report here much faster that I can!

Thanks for all help!
przewodo,did you read about the application crashing when i try to save setup in Seven?
When I had my crashes, I had just started Seven, then LFS (or maybe viceversa), connected them (ok), and then joined a server (Fox-Junkies).

While watching the first cars, and BEFORE doing anything else, Seven crashed for the first time.
Then I reloaded it, connected it, still spectating, and it crashed again...

I have all the .NET installed, since #1.

(PS: I've just noted that on Windows Update there were quite a few .NET related updates few minutes ago...)
Here's the crash info I get when trying I try to make a change in the setup.

Quote :Description:
Stopped working
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: seven lfs telemetry.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4acd4098
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 49d43fe2
Problem Signature 07: 349d
Problem Signature 08: 1f7
Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

PS - Win 7 74 bit
Quote from need :Here's the crash info I get when trying I try to make a change in the setup.

PS - Win 7 74 bit

This error can be access error. Try to grant access to everyone on the game's folder.

Edit 1 ************
Not game's folder. The Seven LFS Telemetry folder!!!

Problem Signature 09: System.UnauthorizedAccess

I need to correct the application to show a message like "Cant Save Settings" when the app doesn't have rights to write on his own folder.
Maybe you could implement "write permission check" directly at startup, when the app checks for updates.
Quote from przewodo :The INSim doesen´t tell me when must change gear, but it tells me all the time only the RPM.

Since you already receive the OutGauge packet (containing the RPM), you also receive the information when to show the shift light. See OG_FLAGS of OutGauge structure.
struct OutGaugePack
{
unsigned Time; // time in milliseconds (to check order)

char Car[4]; // Car name
word Flags; // OG_FLAGS (see below)
byte Gear; // Reverse:0, Neutral:1, First:2...
byte SpareB;
float Speed; // M/S
float RPM; // RPM
float Turbo; // BAR
float EngTemp; // C
float Fuel; // 0 to 1
float OilPress; // BAR
float Spare1;
float Spare2;
float Spare3;
float Throttle; // 0 to 1
float Brake; // 0 to 1
float Clutch; // 0 to 1
char Display1[16]; // Usually Fuel
char Display2[16]; // Usually Settings

int ID; // optional - only if OutGauge ID is specified
};

#define OG_SHIFTLIGHT 1
#define OG_FULLBEAM 2
#define OG_HANDBRAKE 4
#define OG_PITSPEED 8
#define OG_TC 16
#define OG_HEADLIGHTS 32
#define OG_SIGNAL_L 64
#define OG_SIGNAL_R 128
#define OG_REDLINE 256
#define OG_OILWARN 512
#define OG_1 1024
#define OG_2 2048
#define OG_3 4096
#define OG_4 8192
#define OG_KM 16384
#define OG_BAR 32768
Cheers
Wulle
whats the best resolution for this display?

800 x 600?
Love it, great app!
Quote from OmniMoAK :whats the best resolution for this display?

800 x 600?

Yes, Is 800x600 (I know that the scren has 800x632, but I´m correcting this)
Quote from Wulle :Since you already receive the OutGauge packet (containing the RPM), you also receive the information when to show the shift light. See OG_FLAGS of OutGauge structure.
struct OutGaugePack
{
unsigned Time; // time in milliseconds (to check order)

char Car[4]; // Car name
word Flags; // OG_FLAGS (see below)
byte Gear; // Reverse:0, Neutral:1, First:2...
byte SpareB;
float Speed; // M/S
float RPM; // RPM
float Turbo; // BAR
float EngTemp; // C
float Fuel; // 0 to 1
float OilPress; // BAR
float Spare1;
float Spare2;
float Spare3;
float Throttle; // 0 to 1
float Brake; // 0 to 1
float Clutch; // 0 to 1
char Display1[16]; // Usually Fuel
char Display2[16]; // Usually Settings

int ID; // optional - only if OutGauge ID is specified
};

#define OG_SHIFTLIGHT 1
#define OG_FULLBEAM 2
#define OG_HANDBRAKE 4
#define OG_PITSPEED 8
#define OG_TC 16
#define OG_HEADLIGHTS 32
#define OG_SIGNAL_L 64
#define OG_SIGNAL_R 128
#define OG_REDLINE 256
#define OG_OILWARN 512
#define OG_1 1024
#define OG_2 2048
#define OG_3 4096
#define OG_4 8192
#define OG_KM 16384
#define OG_BAR 32768
Cheers
Wulle

Yes, I know it, butr this informations are not using yet. Like Oil Pressure and Engine Temperature. The documentation define the location that this infos apears, but the INSim do not send them yet.
Quote from przewodo :Yes, I know it, butr this informations are not using yet. Like Oil Pressure and Engine Temperature. The documentation define the location that this infos apears, but the INSim do not send them yet.

Yes it does, Outgauge sends all the lights-info, except Oilpressure and engine Temp
I work with it and finally i think that i prefer iTracker... but good tool
Quote from Demon68 :Yes it does, Outgauge sends all the lights-info, except Oilpressure and engine Temp

Hummmm... ok... I will try to find whats wrong here. I tried to use the info, but nothing happen. allways came with 0.

Thanks for the help!
i still can't run this app!
Worked first time.

Looks good, does the job.

Once small thing I see so far, bottom right reads: RACE:

instead of LAPS.

Cheers.

Mell
Great stuff!!

Downloading ...

I have to say most of this is already covered by LFS Relax but therer are some interesting additions. The info on others' pitstops is great! and the organization and display of info is very attractive (at least from the screenshots).

There is one thing that I have not seen anywhere and that is give the abilty to an external app presumably on someone else's computer to set the pitstop options remotely (fuel added, change tyres etc) this would be AWSOME for endurance races.

Will comment more after testing.
Quote from vicbel :Great stuff!!

Downloading ...

I have to say most of this is already covered by LFS Relax but therer are some interesting additions. The info on others' pitstops is great! and the organization and display of info is very attractive (at least from the screenshots).

There is one thing that I have not seen anywhere and that is give the abilty to an external app presumably on someone else's computer to set the pitstop options remotely (fuel added, change tyres etc) this would be AWSOME for endurance races.

Will comment more after testing.

Hi!

We are trying to do this. I don´t know if it is possible by INSim, but I will ask to LFS Developer team if this is possible!
mmhh

Downloaded ... installed ...

ran ... I entered the insim port in the setup screen BUT when I try to save it dies. The program is closed by windows and that;s it ...

any thoughts?
Quote from vicbel :mmhh

Downloaded ... installed ...

ran ... I entered the insim port in the setup screen BUT when I try to save it dies. The program is closed by windows and that;s it ...

any thoughts?

Same happens to me...
Other than that it works.
Make sure the permissions on the folder are set to give everyone access, so the app can write to the files to change the settings.
I tried to run the app as an admin (on Vista) but the option is not there. I'll see if the permissions on the folder works.

SEVEN LFS Telemetry
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG