The online racing simulator
SEVEN LFS Telemetry
(186 posts, started )
SEVEN LFS Telemetry
Hello everyone!

We proudly present to the LFS community the SEVEN LFS Telemetry software.

It's a real time telemetry software that displays several information using Insim to the drivers during races, training sessions and setup tests.

SEVEN LFS Telemetry V1.0 main screen:

Created for easy visualization of race information, it's designed for players that use 2 displays. But it can also be used in a notebook or desktop conected in a LAN.

Technical data:
- CPU Usage: 3~4% de CPU.
- GPU usage: 2% de GPU.
- RAM usage: about 30mb.

Displayed info:
- Car info;
- Lap telemetry;
- Intelligent fuel telemetry;
- GAP and position info;
- Race info;

Bug report: post here.

Known bugs:
- Sometimes, in race info, names can be displayed twice, we are working on that issue. (FIXED V.1.0.1)
- If you are in 6º gear and violently reduces to 1º gear, destroying the engine the software may freeze. Working on that as well.

Warning:
- This is a release 1 software, use it at your own risk.

System requirements:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.1 SP1 (with SP1, without SP1 will do not work)
- Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Both versions, 32 or 64 Bits.
- Default Configurations of INSim, OutSim and OutGauge of Live for Speed.

Links to software download (V.1.0.1):
http://www.sevenpercent.com.br/Telemetry/

Thanks

Gustavo Dreyer - Interface
Rodrigo Moré - Programmer
looks pimp.
#3 - STF
Looks good. Downloading.
If anyone wants to help us with Bug Report, please, post here the bug that ocours, the replay and the time on replay that ocours, becose with the replay, we can reproduce the same bug that ocours with the player.

Thanks!!!
This looks very interesting

Would there be a chance to have ride height, engine graphics or things like that after a stint ? This would be awesome
FYI, I've moved this to the unofficial addons subforum as this seems to be a finished product (I've left a permanent redirect), as you'll get more coverage.

Good work and thanks for sharing with the community.
#7 - STF
Spotted a little typo: Handbreak should be Handbrake.

Also, on all 3 demo cars, the Shift Light doesn`t do its job..
Example: for XFG it tells me to shift at 7000 rpm, FBM at 7700~, and XRG doesn`t light at all, unless you overrev (3-2 gear), so I was able to find it`s set at 7000.

Don`t know about the other ones, but I found something here.
WOW! THANKS
#9 - scipy
WOW, tnx for ****ing nothing. Telemetry app that shows you things u can already see in the game? What a waste of everyone's time. You could've at least made an outgage application that would send brake/throttle/steering/rpm/speed info to a specified IP. This is utterly useless.
Quote from STF :Spotted a little typo: Handbreak should be Handbrake.

Also, on all 3 demo cars, the Shift Light doesn`t do its job..
Example: for XFG it tells me to shift at 7000 rpm, FBM at 7700~, and XRG doesn`t light at all, unless you overrev (3-2 gear), so I was able to find it`s set at 7000.

Don`t know about the other ones, but I found something here.

Hi! Thanks for your help!

Actualy, I had saw it. I think that is becose the gear relationship with RPM. The INSim doesen´t tell me when must change gear, but it tells me all the time only the RPM. When I´m playing, I saw that when I´m on the gear 1 of the car X, the change RPM is one value, for the car Y, is another value and it is aplied for all Gears with all cars. I´m trying to identify some pattern to correct this little problem.

If someone knows this relationship with the RPM, gear and the car, please help-me.

Thanks for attemption of all!

PS.: Sorry about my english. I´m Brazilian.
Quote from scipy :WOW, tnx for ****ing nothing. Telemetry app that shows you things u can already see in the game? What a waste of everyone's time. You could've at least made an outgage application that would send brake/throttle/steering/rpm/speed info to a specified IP. This is utterly useless.

The LFS doesen´t have all this information.

First part of telemetry:
Current time, Last Time and Best Time (of corse, the game have), but BEST POSSIBLE LAP no. The best possible lap tells to you, what´s time you can do, using the best splits that you have made. This information is tremendly helpfull, becose you can know if your setup is bad or you are not racing good.

Seccond part of telemetry: FUEL
Every one knows that LFS show the fuel, but fuel digital all the time, average consum, laps remain with the current fuel and reccomended add based on your average, LFS doesent display that.

Third part of Telemetry: Players Positons, Best Lap and Number of Pits.

When your are racing, I think that this informations are very helpfull to do race strategies.

I Hope that I had clarified what is the propouse of this software.
#12 - troy
Which ports you need to forward for the whole thing to work over the internet? I'm running insim via port 8765, forwarded port 30'000 (udp) too because it gave me that message in lfs, but it doesn't seem to work.

Tried it with my mate on his machine and my machine both of us can't get any info's displayed, while it works like a charm locally.
Quote from troy :Which ports you need to forward for the whole thing to work over the internet? I'm running insim via port 8765, forwarded port 30'000 (udp) too because it gave me that message in lfs, but it doesn't seem to work.

Tried it with my mate on his machine and my machine both of us can't get any info's displayed, while it works like a charm locally.

Over internet I had only tested the INSim connection with server directly. If I understood what are you trying to do, is connect the Seven LFS Telemetry on another machine running LFS over internet.

I do not tested this, but I think that you can do this doingo simple port forwarding on your netrok. Ill try to tell you some sample.

Let me say that COMPUTER1 is my computer here on brazil, and COMPUTER2 is your computer. First step is configure your LFS to listen INSim port (editing the shortcut and adding /insim=xxxxxx when xxxxx is the port number. Default to use is 29999). Seccont step is open on your firewall (if your using one) to accept remote connections on the INSim port. Third step is if you are behind a router, you must route the INSim port from your router to your computer.

After we do that, COMPUTER1 running Seven LFS Telemetry must be configured with the Internet IP of the COMPUTER2.

Start LFS with INSim port on COMPUTER2 and click on CONNECT TO INSim on the Seven LFS Telemetry on COMPUTER1.

The connection image is like that:

COMPUTER1 => INTERNET => Router/Firewall =: COMPUTER2

PS.: The UDP port mus be routed too with the same way that INSim port was routed.
What do I need to edit my Outgauge/Outsim in cfg.txt to be?
Quote from J@tko :What do I need to edit my Outgauge/Outsim in cfg.txt to be?

Sorry, I didn´t understood. What´s cfg.txt do you talking about? LFS or Seven SLF Telemetry?
Quote from the_angry_angel :FYI, I've moved this to the unofficial addons subforum as this seems to be a finished product (I've left a permanent redirect), as you'll get more coverage.

Thanks very mutch!!!!

Actualy, it´s not a 100% Finished, we are watching for bugs, and we want that eberyone gave to us a feedback about the software. New Ideas. We have one goal. Make this software one oficial Live for Speed tool .

I think if everyone contribute a little bit, we can create a very powerfull tool to help the players to race!!
#17 - troy
Quote from przewodo :Over internet I had only tested the INSim connection with server directly. If I understood what are you trying to do, is connect the Seven LFS Telemetry on another machine running LFS over internet.

Tried it with exactly these steps, we get it to connect fine, I can see LFS telling me that somebody connected, on his side it says connected, but there seems to be no data sent, at least all the values do not update for him. So it still seems to go wrong somewhere.

Suggestion: add a log file/button? So we could shortly check what and where something went wrong.
Quote from troy :Tried it with exactly these steps, we get it to connect fine, I can see LFS telling me that somebody connected, on his side it says connected, but there seems to be no data sent, at least all the values do not update for him. So it still seems to go wrong somewhere.

Suggestion: add a log file/button? So we could shortly check what and where something went wrong.

Cool... It can be a very good stuff.

So, try this... start the game, enter on the race and before it, start the telemetry. Other thing. Try to reduce the Update Rate on the setup screen. The default is 5 milisecconds. It can be too mutch low for internet connection. On Lan or Local, it can be between 15~1, depending of the machine.

But for internet, I think that it must be between 300~500, becose over internet we have a ping very high compared to LAN or Local.
#19 - troy
Oh, I knew I forgot something, we tried to raise the update value already (500ms). Will try around some more tomorrow, seems like we're pretty close already, thanks for the help so far.
Quote from przewodo :Sorry, I didn´t understood. What´s cfg.txt do you talking about? LFS or Seven SLF Telemetry?

Sorry - my bad.

In the LFS folder, there is a txt file called cfg.txt which can set default settings for the Outsim and Outgauge. My settings are wrong, as LFS yells red stuff at me when I try and connect Seven. [insim is fine] - would someone please tell me what I need to put for the Outsim/Outgauge bit of the cfg file [near the bottom].
#21 - troy
I'm pretty sure that the telemetry software puts in the correct values there already, unless you're on vista/7 with UAC turned on and got the whole thing on your C: drive, maybe you need to start it as administrator then. You've got a password set in your "start new server" part of lfs? If so you need to either clear it or put it in the telemetry software too. My values won't help you a lot right now I guess since I'm trying to get the whole thing working over the net.
Quote from scipy :WOW, tnx for ****ing nothing. Telemetry app that shows you things u can already see in the game? What a waste of everyone's time. You could've at least made an outgage application that would send brake/throttle/steering/rpm/speed info to a specified IP. This is utterly useless.

With all do respect, if you didn't like the app, that's ok, I respect you.
But I would appreciate a little respect towards me and my friend, at least for our effort to bring a good app to the community.
Critics are welcome as well as complements, like I said in the first post, this is a release 1 version. We post it here exactly to know your opinion in how can we improve the software, and we will.

But about your comments, can you tell me where LFS shows you what could be your best possible lap? I don't know, do you?

And where in LFS you can see PRECISE information on-screen about your fuel? And an average comsuption per lap? Where LFS tells you how much laps you can do with the amout of fuel you have? And where it recommends you how much fuel you have to add to finish the race?

That's ok, me neither... I believe no one knows but you...

And a FRIENDLY way to show the GAP info, PIT INFO, etc...

Bottom line... think first, write later...

My best regards

Gus Dreyer (Sarlacc)
Quote from the_angry_angel :FYI, I've moved this to the unofficial addons subforum as this seems to be a finished product (I've left a permanent redirect), as you'll get more coverage.

Thanks man!
I'll try it via LAN. Looks awesome!
Quote from J@tko :Sorry - my bad.

In the LFS folder, there is a txt file called cfg.txt which can set default settings for the Outsim and Outgauge. My settings are wrong, as LFS yells red stuff at me when I try and connect Seven. [insim is fine] - would someone please tell me what I need to put for the Outsim/Outgauge bit of the cfg file [near the bottom].

Hi! On my cfg.txt the outsim and OutGauge are config are:
OutSim Mode 0
OutSim Delay 100
OutSim IP 192.168.1.1
OutSim Port 30000
OutSim ID 0
OutGauge Mode 0
OutGauge Delay 5
OutGauge IP 192.168.1.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 0

SEVEN LFS Telemetry