The online racing simulator
SEVEN LFS Telemetry
(186 posts, started )
ok ...

I went directly to the folder of the app and there the old right click "run as admin" did work. and if I do that I can succesfully save the config.

testing now ...
Hi przewodo

Thanks for developing this software!

I've tested for some time and I have some comments to share with you.

Occasionally, the software gives a fatal error and stops working. I share the log file if you want.

The biggest problem I had is as follows:

After using it for a couple of hours in a race with multiple drivers on track (32), my video card temperature began to raise a lot. It's a HD4830. Never before had I gone with software similar to this as the LFS MoTeC.

When this happened, I immediately stopped being used. Within few minutes, the temperature of my video card back to normal.

Neither has happened to me playing games that require much work on the video card.

I await your comments and thanks!
Quote from Melvyn :Hi przewodo

Thanks for developing this software!

I've tested for some time and I have some comments to share with you.

Occasionally, the software gives a fatal error and stops working. I share the log file if you want.

The biggest problem I had is as follows:

After using it for a couple of hours in a race with multiple drivers on track (32), my video card temperature began to raise a lot. It's a HD4830. Never before had I gone with software similar to this as the LFS MoTeC.

When this happened, I immediately stopped being used. Within few minutes, the temperature of my video card back to normal.

Neither has happened to me playing games that require much work on the video card.

I await your comments and thanks!

Hi! I never saw thats happening. On the application, I don´t use anything on Videocard. Just normal programation with. The code was maded to run on the PC processor. Maybe something happens.

I ask for everyone here to see if the videocard are overheating too.
For now, I will do a research for this, and I´ll try to find a solution.

Thanks!!
Quote from przewodo :Hi! I never saw thats happening. On the application, I don´t use anything on Videocard. Just normal programation with. The code was maded to run on the PC processor. Maybe something happens.

I ask for everyone here to see if the videocard are overheating too.
For now, I will do a research for this, and I´ll try to find a solution.

Thanks!!

Nope, no overheating here. ATI Radeon HD 4870
I have a suggestion for the app ...

I know right now the size of the window is fixed but it would be great if it could be adjusted like a regular window or if at least there were options for a few standard resolutions.

This would be very useful for people using it in alternate monitors like a PSP which has a resolution of 480*272 ... or if it were to run on the same monitor as LFS but on a smaller window.

Just a thought.
I tried to use it last night on an official race BUT ... I couldn't ....

I found that the car telemetry does not work sometimes. The app seems to be very particular as to when it is started: before the race? before choosing a car? on the lobby? It seems to work 1 out of 5 times for me. It would be great if you could turn it on whenever and it just worked.

Also I did notice an increase in temp on my laptop when using this app.
Hey keep us updated on Seven development !!
Quote from Ripley :Hey keep us updated on Seven development !!

Hi everyone!!!
Sorry about long delay of my answers. I had to stop the development for a little time becose particular reasons.

But we will continue. Its just this moment;

I know that the software still have bugs. It will be fixed soon as possible.

One of the bugs I know whats is cousing. When you start the telemetry in a middle of race, or middle of training, he will try to calculate the splits of the racers, he crashes. Ex.: If the track has 2 splits and someone racer are on the seccond split, and you start the Telemetry, when he finish the split, the telemetry will try to calculate the "Best Lap Possible" based on the last split and the actual split. However, the last split are zero... becose the software was started when the racer was on middle of lap. So, he crash . It will be fixed to the next release.

vicbel askd for resolutions change. It will be maded, but not now.

And will be maded a fixed resolutions options, so, I want start here a little quiz asking for resolutions. Please, let a post with the resolition.

Thanks very mutch!!!
Good to hear you're at it !!

Well, let me start.
At the moment I have a little 8" 800x600 touchscreen, so that's what I actually need, but maybe in the future I'll get more (and bigger) monitors, so it could be nice to have some options.
800x600 is kind of prehistoric in 2009.

Or maybe something "stretchable", like it was "elastic", indipendent of resolution.
For example, I resize the Seven window to whatever resolution (dimension), and the output adapts itself. Don't know if it's possible, just a thought.
i finally got around to trying it, and i noticed a lot of lag when it was running... could you perhaps change the window drawing method?
Quote from bunder9999 :i finally got around to trying it, and i noticed a lot of lag when it was running... could you perhaps change the window drawing method?

You can adjust the updaterate going to setup screen and changind the option "INsim update rate". Its is the how often it will update the screen when the unit is in milliseconds. If you use lower values, more CPU will be consumed. In your case, increase the value to 200 or 300. That's will work fine
i had it set to 500 and it was still lagging... meanwhile, burnsy's dashboard clone updating at 5ms runs great.
Quote from przewodo :You can adjust the updaterate going to setup screen and changind the option "INsim update rate". Its is the how often it will update the screen when the unit is in milliseconds. If you use lower values, more CPU will be consumed. In your case, increase the value to 200 or 300. That's will work fine

Quote from bunder9999 :i had it set to 500 and it was still lagging... meanwhile, burnsy's dashboard clone updating at 5ms runs great.

Correct in your assessment bunder, a lower number will be more fluid, not a higher number. Try the same in this program to see if it is more fluid. In fact, depending on computer hardware, people could even go to 1ms resolution for it to be faster than realtime :P.
it's not the data acquisition that's lagging, it's my whole computer while it's running and connected.
Well, it is written in silverlight, and is a fair amount more intensive than the VLFS Dash clone, so that's probably it. The clone is just simple dials, nothing more.
Quote from burnsy1882 :Well, it is written in silverlight, and is a fair amount more intensive than the VLFS Dash clone, so that's probably it. The clone is just simple dials, nothing more.

i thought that was just to download it... i uninstalled silverlight after i installed seven and it runs the same.
Silverlight, WPF, all the same to me :P.
Can't get this to install for some reason. I get 'error 1001 exception occured while intialising installation' half way through install.

xp and framework is up to date.

any ideas?
Did you install Silverlight ?
What a pity that you didnt code this in Java or something so it would have been platform independent. My notebook is a mac, so i am stuck here

But still, great piece of software!
got the program to work - had to uninstall .net framework 2.0.

Now I cant get it to work over the LAN. Outgauge has always worked no probs. Do I need to set the IP address in BOTH the .cfg and SLFST?
Can I see with this program my Fuel consumption per 100KM or my MPG? (Would be fun for Cruise...)

SEVEN LFS Telemetry
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG