The online racing simulator
SEVEN LFS Telemetry
(186 posts, started )
I have got it working, but it crashes after a little while. Error message below.

Using Windows 7 64 bit

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: seven lfs telemetry.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4acd4098
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4a27471d
Problem Signature 07: 20c8
Problem Signature 08: 143
Problem Signature 09: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057
Quote from jasonmatthews :I have got it working, but it crashes after a little while. Error message below.

Using Windows 7 64 bit

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: seven lfs telemetry.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4acd4098
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4a27471d
Problem Signature 07: 20c8
Problem Signature 08: 143
Problem Signature 09: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Hello!
I'm will look at this error. We had tested the program only on Windows XP 32, Windows Vista 32 and 64 bits. I will test the program on Windows 7 64 and 32 bits soon.

I will try to reproduce this error on Windows 7 and fix!
cool idea, especially the race info part, kind of info you would get from your race engineer, and this is much more interesting for me than a big rev display
so IMO it wolud be nice if:
1. you could configure which "boxes" to display or not
2. there was info not only about a gap but also what was the difference in last lap between you and next/previous drivers (just like in F1, showing if you are catching or loosing time)
3. it was showing penalties pending next to pitstops done on drivers list

and it wolud be simply perfect if you could stock setup changes for the next pitstop in it before the race, beacuse changing tyres, cambers and pressures in LFS while driving is kind of tricky right now
this would make it more kind of a race engineer than telemtry tool which I think would be even more usefull

PS
the fuel info part is a brilliant idea
#29 - need
Looks very nice. Would be nice to have some of the F11 & F12 info included as well though.
Are we forced to install Microsoft Silverlight in order to download this app ??
Quote from need :Looks very nice. Would be nice to have some of the F11 & F12 info included as well though.

Working on this possibility, strategy module.

As well as the server administration mode.

The idea is to make a complete app to LFS.
Quote from pandera :cool idea, especially the race info part, kind of info you would get from your race engineer, and this is much more interesting for me than a big rev display
2. there was info not only about a gap but also what was the difference in last lap between you and next/previous drivers (just like in F1, showing if you are catching or loosing time)

and it wolud be simply perfect if you could stock setup changes for the next pitstop in it before the race, beacuse changing tyres, cambers and pressures in LFS while driving is kind of tricky right now
this would make it more kind of a race engineer than telemtry tool which I think would be even more usefull

PS

About your post

1 - Already working on that (Probably Release 2 or 3)
2 - I used the app in an official race yesterday and didn't feel the need of that. But I can look into it. Give more details in what way it should work or be displayed, please. Thanks.
3 - Great idea.

We are working on a strategy module for LFS Telemetry, but probably for version 2.0.

Nice suggestions!
Quote from pandera :cool idea, especially the race info part, kind of info you would get from your race engineer, and this is much more interesting for me than a big rev display

PS

Hi! Thanks for the tips!
Let me ask about the tips.
1: "you could configure which "boxes" to display or not". What did you mean about display or not the boxes? Actyally, the number on () on the right side of the player name is the number of pitstops that the player had done.

2: "there was info not only about a gap but also what was the difference in last lap between you and next/previous drivers (just like in F1, showing if you are catching or loosing time)". This is very good Idea. Becose the gap only shows the diference on the split times. What do you thing about, Display GAP for 5 secconds, before that, change to the LLD ("Last Lap Diference) for 5 secconds and they still swapping this infos?

3. it was showing penalties pending next to pitstops done on drivers list. Actualy, we dont show the penalities, but it is a good information to show too. We are put this tip too on the list!

Thanks a lot!! We think that everyone helping wich this way, we will buil a powerfull software.
Quote from Ripley :Are we forced to install Microsoft Silverlight in order to download this app ??

Unfortunally yes. The website was maded on Microsoft Silverlight. The silverlight is a pluggin like Adobe Flash.
Quote from przewodo :Hi! On my cfg.txt the outsim and OutGauge are config are:
OutSim Mode 0
OutSim Delay 100
OutSim IP 192.168.1.1
OutSim Port 30000
OutSim ID 0
OutGauge Mode 0
OutGauge Delay 5
OutGauge IP 192.168.1.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 0

Thanks, but I copied and pasted that into the cfg file and get the following error in LFS:

Quote :InSim - TCP : Seven LFS Telem (UDP port 30000)
OutGauge : already enabled by cfg.txt
OutSim : already enabled by cfg.txt

Quote from J@tko :Thanks, but I copied and pasted that into the cfg file and get the following error in LFS:

Are you using someone Firewall? or Windows Firewall? Try to disable it if yes. and test. If was the firewall, you must put a rule that nallowing the LFS and the Telemetry to access this ports.
Quote from przewodo :Are you using someone Firewall? or Windows Firewall? Try to disable it if yes. and test. If was the firewall, you must put a rule that nallowing the LFS and the Telemetry to access this ports.

Windows Firewall is off. And outguage always worked before
Quote from przewodo :Hi! Thanks for the tips!
Let me ask about the tips.
1: "you could configure which "boxes" to display or not". What did you mean about display or not the boxes? Actyally, the number on () on the right side of the player name is the number of pitstops that the player had done.

2: "there was info not only about a gap but also what was the difference in last lap between you and next/previous drivers (just like in F1, showing if you are catching or loosing time)". This is very good Idea. Becose the gap only shows the diference on the split times. What do you thing about, Display GAP for 5 secconds, before that, change to the LLD ("Last Lap Diference) for 5 secconds and they still swapping this infos?

3. it was showing penalties pending next to pitstops done on drivers list. Actualy, we dont show the penalities, but it is a good information to show too. We are put this tip too on the list!

Thanks a lot!! We think that everyone helping wich this way, we will buil a powerfull software.

1. by the "boxes" I mean the block of information grouped visually inside one frame, like speedo with rev counter for example, IMO having another speedo is not that necessary, and the more the app will develop the more free space will be needed to show new info, so some people will probably want to give up some info to get more celar view on the one they want

2. hmm, not sure if constant flickering is the best solution, it will always take some extra time for you to find out which value is currently dispalyed, and if it is not the one you wanted, than you have to chceck again... i think the extra info would easily fit under the current gap display, if you just make these underlining arrows shorter, just show the difference in last laptime, with + and -, as this will be more usefull for longer races i don't think you have to worry about comparing every sector, at least for now

3. cool would be perfect if every penatly had its own notification like (DT) for Drirve Through and (SG) for Stop and Go for example
Ok downloaded!
But now I really need an "Insim for dummies" guide!!

I run it on a second monitor, directly connected to my pc.
I get my name and my 1st lap time, but nothing else.
Ok I'll re-read all the thread from start, hope to find more info there...

Edit1: got it working !! Wow!!
Edit2: screwed up VLFSD configuration ;-)

Does some Insim expert know/understand if the two apps (VLFSD and Seven Telemetry) are compatible, with regard to cfg.txt ?? I guess not. Maybe it's time to change my sig!
Quote from Ripley :Ok downloaded!

Does some Insim expert know/understand if the two apps (VLFSD and Seven Telemetry) are compatible, with regard to cfg.txt ?? I guess not. Maybe it's time to change my sig!

I don´t know. When I programmed the Seven LFS Telemetry, I did it with the defaults configurations of Live for Speed. I really don´t know if the VLFSD need some extra configuration and I don´t know too if Live for Speed support two applications running on INSim.

But I´ll find find this answers for you. Did you have the link for can I download the VLSFD?
Quote from Ripley :Ok downloaded!

The LFS works with more than 1 application o INSim.
I Had downloaded the VLFSD and its didn´t worked to me. :-(

When I started to create the Telemetry, my first application was a Dashborad exaclty like the VLFSD (When I asked the program, I didn´t realyzed that is a Virtual LFS Dashboard).

I will put a Link here for you, so, I know that it will work.
I don't know what all these options mean, but here they are...
I also attach the help screen from VLFSD.

This is the working cfg.txt for VLFSD:

OutSim Mode 0
OutSim Delay 1
OutSim IP 0.0.0.0
OutSim Port 0
OutSim ID 0
OutGauge Mode 2
OutGauge Delay 1
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 4000
OutGauge ID 0

And this is the working cfg.txt for Seven Telemetry:

OutSim Mode 0
OutSim Delay 100
OutSim IP 127.0.0.1
OutSim Port 30000
OutSim ID 0
OutGauge Mode 0
OutGauge Delay 5
OutGauge IP 127.0.0.1
OutGauge Port 30000
OutGauge ID 0

I'm making some tests, and VLFSD does not work with OutGauge Mode 0.

Anyway, as far as Seven configuration goes, I have few more questions:
I have a /insim 38373 line in the autoexec.lfs file and Seven is configured on the same port too.
As you can see, the port in the cfg.txt is not 38373 but OutSim Port 30000 and OutGauge Port 30000.
I thought they had to be the same, but they are not !?!?!?!?

Second: Is resolution fixed at 800x600?

Third: fonts are generally quite small...Could you make them a bit more readable, maybe squeezing a bit the turbo needle, or rearranging a bit here and there the interface to save some space ??
Maybe you could get rid of all those "BL" (Best Lap) strings next to pilots names...

BUG: "Headlights" doesn't light up (I was on RAC).
Attached images
VLFSD_help.jpg
-
(Ripley) DELETED by Ripley
Man, wanted to use it on my laptop but I can't run it. First, when I was trying to install it, it said that I don't have NET3.5, after download and install it, I could install it, but when I double-click on it, it won't start!

what can bE?
Bug Report
Hi

Tried your LFS Telemetry.

Very good.

Bug Report: Changed Speed to MPH (as is LFS for me), but whatever speed I do, it always shows speed as 0 KPH.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm a keyboard user.
Quote from scipy :WOW, tnx for ****ing nothing. Telemetry app that shows you things u can already see in the game? What a waste of everyone's time. You could've at least made an outgage application that would send brake/throttle/steering/rpm/speed info to a specified IP. This is utterly useless.

Since it's free and he dedicated quite a bit of time to it(im sure),i think that is not a nice comment to make.
Maybe you have more skills than him,am i right?
If that's the case i would really like to see what you can do...
Quote from BoyGTA :Man, wanted to use it on my laptop but I can't run it. First, when I was trying to install it, it said that I don't have NET3.5, after download and install it, I could install it, but when I double-click on it, it won't start!

what can bE?

Did you tryed to restart your machine after installed .NET Framework 3.5?

And what is your Windows Version?

When you try to start the app, nothings happen or, the application start, apears on the taskbar but the screen didn't apears?
Quote from sinanju :Hi

Tried your LFS Telemetry.

Very good.

Bug Report: Changed Speed to MPH (as is LFS for me), but whatever speed I do, it always shows speed as 0 KPH.

Don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm a keyboard user.

Humm... when you changed the speed, you changed on LFS or on Seven LFS Telemetry?

I need to know that becose it's have little diference when I show the speed. In auto mode, I just display the speed that LFS is informing to the APP. When you force the speed on the Telemetry, I need to convert the speed to show.

Edit1: OK, I just found the error. If you force the Telemetry to show in MPH, the software display 0. I corrected this now. The next release will have this fixed. Thanks!!!
Guys,is there a guide for this program?
Im new with those applications so a manual would be really useful,i don't know where to start from.
If there is a way to translate the app in italian i would really like to do it for you:is that simple or complex?
Quote from IlGuercio :Guys,is there a guide for this program?
Im new with those applications so a manual would be really useful,i don't know where to start from.
If there is a way to translate the app in italian I would really like to do it for you:is that simple or complex?

The translation pack will be released soon. Sice there is just two working on this project and programming it, we have a lot of things to do, ehehe, but we will do the software with multilanguage.

To italian, we will need a help, from someone that is Italian (in this case, you if wanna help us, eheheh)

The guide, that you mentioned, I will put here the steps.

1) Install LFS and let Insim, OutSim and OutGauge in factory default configuration.
2) Install Seven LFS Telemetry
3) On LFS shortcut, add /insim=xxxxx where xxxxx is the insim port.

4) On Seven LFS Telemetry, set the same port that you used on shortcut.
5) If you will run the Seven LFS Telemetry on another computer, change IP from 127.0.0.1 (that means local computer) to the IP of computer that will run the Live For Speed.
6) Start Live For Speed.
7) Now on Live LFS Telemetry, click on Connect to INSim

The green display at the left of this button will change to ON, with highlight andon te game will apear one message.

Start one Single player game, Multiplayer game or remplay and enjoy!

SEVEN LFS Telemetry
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG