The online racing simulator
What the heck is a FOX? I really don't know. A car?
Quote from Gargantula :What the heck is a FOX? I really don't know. A car?

the small formula car
-
(mrbogeyman) DELETED by mrbogeyman
THx 4 the new Patch U,this is very good Work :elefant:
Need I to unlock again when I install Patch U?
Can I still upload "Patch T5 Hotlaps" or are they useless now?
Quote from ferox.CHIEF TAOA :Need I to unlock again when I install Patch U?
Can I still upload "Patch T5 Hotlaps" or are they useless now?

If you have S or T unlocked already, there's no need to unlock it again after installing patch U.
Cool, thx a lot.
To unlock patch T I drove 60km. I don´t want to do it again
So I think the hotlaps from patch t are still usefull.
hive got a little question:
are /tracks and /welcome optional?

does LFS load track restriction if the file tracks.txt exists in the root folder
of LFS or do i have to add /tracks=tracks.txt to the config file!

does LFS load the welcome message if the file welcome.txt exists in the root
folder of LFS or do i have to add /welcome=welcome.txt to the config file!

so, is it enough is these files are located in the LFS root folder or _DO_ I
have to add the commands to the configuration file?
Quote from CrazyICE :hive got a little question:
are /tracks and /welcome optional?

Yes, as you can see in the supplied setup.cfg it says "if required".

Quote from CrazyICE :does LFS load track restriction if the file tracks.txt exists in the root folder
of LFS or do i have to add /tracks=tracks.txt to the config file!

Since the new version, you must add /tracks=X.txt if you want to use X.txt to restrict allowed tracks.

Quote from CrazyICE :does LFS load the welcome message if the file welcome.txt exists in the root
folder of LFS or do i have to add /welcome=welcome.txt to the config file!

As with tracks.txt, if you want a welcome message from file Y.txt, you must add /welcome=Y.txt

Quote from CrazyICE :so, is it enough is these files are located in the LFS root folder or _DO_ I
have to add the commands to the configuration file?

Yes, you must add /tracks=X.txt and /welcome=Y.txt if you want these files to be used.

NOTE : This allows different hosts which share a DEDI folder, to have different welcome messages and tracks restrictions.
Quote from Scawen :....

Bugger off, you're supposed to be on holiday!
thx scawen
so, I coded my tool correctly
-
(KiDCoDEa) DELETED by KiDCoDEa
It might have been mentioned earlier, but the digital speedo of the RAC should be a bit to the right I think (or kph/mph should be underneath the digits)
Quote from Taavi(EST) :er, guys, is this normal??, i got to play for like 30 min, and then:

easy answer DXT-Textures are somehow disabled. (restart pc, or as an ATI user get into compatibility-dialog of your active graphics-card and reactivate "DXT-Texture formats".

(this is the downside of lettering in textures instead of vectorizing)...
I have to say that before patch U, I was encountering some crashes. Specifically, once in a while, the sound would start looping (resembling that Apple MacOSX audio echo bug), and then the whole universe would crash. I would not even be able to start another 3D application after that and had to reboot. This tended to happen either in-race or when I was exiting from the race and going back to menus.

Now I didn't mind too much because I considered that a feature; it was the only way that I could stop racing and start doing some work or get out and socialize. (And plus, I was really too lazy to file a bug report to the devs :owl: ).

But, since patch U, I have never encountered any crash and everything is rock solid stable!

So, good job!!
cool patch, waiting for "V" version
Sorry for not writing to apropriate topic...
All i want to ask is (couse i didn't find it anywhere (FAQ,readme,etc)) how can i "make" a dedicated server "licensed" instead of "demo" ? Is it enough my S2 license or ?

Thx for help,
by,
Cordell
Quote from marko.sabotin :All i want to ask is (couse i didn't find it anywhere (FAQ,readme,etc)) how can i "make" a dedicated server "licensed" instead of "demo" ?

its my understanding that in order to make the server licensed you change the following line in the setup.cfg file in the dedi server folder.

//demo/s1/s2
/mode=s2

i hope thats the right answer
Quote from Dan Hot :its my understanding that in order to make the server licensed you change the following line in the setup.cfg file in the dedi server folder.

//demo/s1/s2
/mode=s2

souldn't this be some kind of "classified"
or does it ONLY apply to the server?
i think it only applies to the server. as far as i can tell anyone can download the dedi server software and run a server. only people who are licensed can actually join it if its set to s2. but i could be mistaken
well then excuse me...
Quote from Dan Hot :i think it only applies to the server. as far as i can tell anyone can download the dedi server software and run a server. only people who are licensed can actually join it if its set to s2. but i could be mistaken

that's right. You can run a dedi server on any pc you like. There is no check on username or licenses. Only if you want to race on a licensed server, you'll need a license, including when it's your own server.
would be better, cause it'll be quite too easy to circumvent the license system using a S2 server without a proper licensensed lfs-client
Quote from Dan Hot :its my understanding that in order to make the server licensed you change the following line in the setup.cfg file in the dedi server folder.

//demo/s1/s2
/mode=s2

Thx I said to myself "no shit Sherlock" when i saw that
I have waiting for a realistic & serious racing simulator since '85 when spending all of time on C64 !!

Great, favolous, always amazing work dev... S2 feed my passion for racing competition every day! Thx
The BF1 is great but now the other cars feel lathargic.
And it seems something terable is wrong with the F08. That used to be my favorate car because you actualy had to use your right foot.
At first I thought traction control was on or I had selected a setup with the wrong gearing...
But now it seems totaly lacking low end torq. A sad developement. I thought the underpowered cars were there for beginners.

I would also like more FF refinement. For example when going over bumps or hitting a slick spot it seems the fource should drop to almost zero.
The way it is now you can launch off a curb and all you feel is a bump from the impact but not the unload.

Live for Speed S2 Version S (NOW U)
(367 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG