The online racing simulator
Holy poop! That was awesome!
That was an awesome battle to watch for the last 5 or so laps, taking pit exit to make a pass was pretty epic, even though it turned out to be illegal and I'm sure he knew that but had to try anyway. I thought for sure the Corvette had him when he got pushed up to the wall coming to the line, then all of a sudden he took that hard right turn and I was no longer as excited.
Magnusson got what he deserved, he did a Plato on Bergmeister and if I was Bergmeister, I would of done the same thing and got him real close to the wall.
In my opinion Magnussen should have just turned Bergmeister when he put him in the sand at the beginning of the lap.
Quote from UncleBenny :In my opinion Magnussen should have just turned Bergmeister when he put him in the sand at the beginning of the lap.

He was on the outside and they were equal on the track, so Magnusson should of known he was gonna get washed up on the outside.
Quote from BlueFlame :He was on the outside and they were equal on the track, so Magnusson should of known he was gonna get washed up on the outside.

Should have known he was going to get run off the track? That's complete BS. If they were equal on the track then they should have been going side-by-side into the next corner and Magnussen would have had him easy, not Bergmeister automatically getting the spot and Magnussen ending up on the wrong side of the rumble strips.

If you "should know" that someone's going to dump you, then Bergmeister "should have known" he was going to get punted in the last corner.
You should never cause an avoidable accident, regardless of the situation, people have some seriously warped ideas on what makes an acceptable move in racing. Deliberately spinning cars is not acceptable anywhere outside NASCAR.

However in this it looks like Magnussen and Bergmeister both leant on eachother, sure Bergmeister pushed him over to the wall but I seriously doubt he meant to spin him around, the red mist descended so I think neither can take the majority share of the blame.

The punting in the last corner looks more to me like it was Magnussen outbraking himself, and even if it was deliberate, retaliation through crashing is never acceptable.

De Ferran went out in style, you only have to see races like that and the FIA GT in the Algarve to know that sportscars are far more exciting than anything single seaters has to offer.
Quote from UncleBenny :Should have known he was going to get run off the track? That's complete BS. If they were equal on the track then they should have been going side-by-side into the next corner and Magnussen would have had him easy, not Bergmeister automatically getting the spot and Magnussen ending up on the wrong side of the rumble strips.

If you "should know" that someone's going to dump you, then Bergmeister "should have known" he was going to get punted in the last corner.

You could see Bergmeister got loose. That was not intentional contact at all. Unlike at the last turn when Magnussen bumped him.
Jeez its been a GT wreck fest this weekend I hope no one was hurt in those major shunts.
I couldnt believe what happened @ Laguna.
Geez, that was a hard hit for Mags... What did the outcome wind up being? Did Bergmeister get penalized for it?

It looked to me, from that video, that Mag just got on the gas a little sooner than Bergmeister did and that's what caused the contact; he was just quicker out of the corner.

Fantastic finish either way; many congrats to de Ferran. Very happy for him.
Quote from MAGGOT :Geez, that was a hard hit for Mags... What did the outcome wind up being? Did Bergmeister get penalized for it?

It looked to me, from that video, that Mag just got on the gas a little sooner than Bergmeister did and that's what caused the contact; he was just quicker out of the corner.

Magnussen was like 2 car lengths back going into the corner. He went in way harder than he should have. They both knew what they were doing and what was going to happen. But they don't get paid to give up.

And Bergmeister did end up winning it.
Those two carlengths can easily be made up with the leading driver gets on the gas a little later than the trailing. Obviously I only have the one angle to go by, but that's how it looks to me.

As I said, great finish.
Magnussen deserved to get wrecked imo cos he didnt deserve to win by any mile.
No one deserves to be wrecked, ever.
Get what you give, if you kill you deserve to be killed etc. An eye for an eye, an eye for a broken leg isn't a fair deal.
Quote from BlueFlame :Get what you give, if you kill you deserve to be killed etc. An eye for an eye, an eye for a broken leg isn't a fair deal.

An eye for an eye and the whole world will be blind.
Quote from MAGGOT :An eye for an eye and the whole world will be blind.

And for once we'd all be equal
Quote from MAGGOT :Those two carlengths can easily be made up with the leading driver gets on the gas a little later than the trailing. Obviously I only have the one angle to go by, but that's how it looks to me.

As I said, great finish.

He went all BTCC and knocked him out the line from the behind at the apex, that's how he get side by side, and I think he deserved it when he was spun into the wall.
Quote from JJ72 :He went all BTCC and knocked him out the line from the behind at the apex, that's how he get side by side, and I think he deserved it when he was spun into the wall.

Like I said, he went Plato in his ass
Quote from 5haz :You should never cause an avoidable accident, regardless of the situation, people have some seriously warped ideas on what makes an acceptable move in racing. Deliberately spinning cars is not acceptable anywhere outside NASCAR.

It's closed wheel racing Open wheel's extreme standards doesn't necessarily apply to all forms of racing. Would you penalize Cenni for hitting Greaves in that CORR wreck? (incase you're not familiar with that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... KiXjc&feature=related) I seriously doubt it. Different racing different standards.

Quote from 5haz :No one deserves to be wrecked, ever.

Except Plato and Kyle Busch

I like Flying Lizard but I kinda have to agree that it was Bergmeister's fault. Of course Jamie Melo did the exact same thing to him at Sebring only it didn't result in a wreck. Bergmeister's in the exact same position as he was at Sebring only this time he made sure he didn't get the short end of the stick.

Except that resulted in Mag's crash. I think Bergmeister didn't intend for Mag to go into the wall like that, but Berg did intend to squeeze the momentum out of Mag. Melo did it to Berg and Berg tried to do it to Mag. I've also seen this plenty of times in BTCC. Should Berg really be blamed for this purely because he did a maneuver that's common in closed wheel racing (except NASCAR)?

Quote from UncleBenny :In my opinion Magnussen should have just turned Bergmeister when he put him in the sand at the beginning of the lap.

IMO he shouldnt

It's the exact same incident as Jarno Trulli and Adrian Sutil at Brazil...I think it was just a racing incident as they are both fighting over the same piece of tarmac. When that happens someone is going to get bumped out only, because it's closed wheel, Mag didn't get out of shape like Trulli.
Highcroft confirms 2010 with HPD/Acura

http://americanlemans.com/index_news.php?n=14147

... altough they will use updated P2 chassis. Or two of them. Makes sense. Also new engine for 2011 is mentioned, so I guess this seals Acura's commitment after all those rumours of withdrawing.

ps. Remember: combined LMP class in ALMS next year
Is there anyone who went to a ALMS event this year? I spotted a Purple hauler going southbound in maryland and a cyan outline of a Prototype. It was really gloomy out and i was going in opposite direction so i got a 6 second glimpse of it. Maybe someone could put a tag on what team i saw unless it's a new 2010 team.
Sounds like the Radical to me. Forget the team name.

ALMS/LMS/Le Mans/FIA GT 2009
(948 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG