The online racing simulator
SEVEN LFS Telemetry
(186 posts, started )
Quote from przewodo :The translation pack will be released soon. Sice there is just two working on this project and programming it, we have a lot of things to do, ehehe, but we will do the software with multilanguage.

To italian, we will need a help, from someone that is Italian (in this case, you if wanna help us, eheheh)

The guide, that you mentioned, I will put here the steps.

1) Install LFS and let Insim, OutSim and OutGauge in factory default configuration.
2) Install Seven LFS Telemetry
3) On LFS shortcut, add /insim=xxxxx where xxxxx is the insim port.

4) On Seven LFS Telemetry, set the same port that you used on shortcut.
5) If you will run the Seven LFS Telemetry on another computer, change IP from 127.0.0.1 (that means local computer) to the IP of computer that will run the Live For Speed.
6) Start Live For Speed.
7) Now on Live LFS Telemetry, click on Connect to INSim

The green display at the left of this button will change to ON, with highlight andon te game will apear one message.

Start one Single player game, Multiplayer game or remplay and enjoy!

Thanks for the help,i'll take a look at it tomorrow
If you want someone to translate the application send me a pm,
Quote from przewodo :To italian, we will need a help, from someone that is Italian (in this case, you if wanna help us, eheheh)

Count me in, too

Quote from przewodo :
3) On LFS shortcut, add /insim=xxxxx where xxxxx is the insim port.

OR
add a line
/insim Port_number
in the autoexec.lfs file in your ..\Live For Speed\data\script folder, like
/insim 32300
Quote from przewodo :Did you tryed to restart your machine after installed .NET Framework 3.5?

And what is your Windows Version?

When you try to start the app, nothings happen or, the application start, apears on the taskbar but the screen didn't apears?

Yes, I restarted pc after inallation. Yes, when I double click on it nothing happens.

Win XP SP3 PRO
Everything works fine here, apart from 2 little things:
  1. "Shift!" rpm for some cars needs fixing [I think someone else already said that]
  2. It's "Handbrake", not "Handbreak"
Quote from J@tko :
  1. "Shift!" rpm for some cars needs fixing [I think someone else already said that]

You mean that it should not light up if the car already is in its last gear ??
Quote from Ripley :You mean that it should not light up if the car already is in its last gear ??

Not necessarily. For example, in the BF1, it can get to a point where "shift" is light continually even when you're 4-5k rpm off redline
Quote from Sarlacc :But about your comments, can you tell me where LFS shows you what could be your best possible lap? I don't know, do you?

And where in LFS you can see PRECISE information on-screen about your fuel? And an average comsuption per lap? Where LFS tells you how much laps you can do with the amout of fuel you have? And where it recommends you how much fuel you have to add to finish the race?

That's ok, me neither... I believe no one knows but you... :really

How about the F12 menu? it's 0.1 % accurate and shows the average consumpion? How much laps you can do with the fuel u have? It's very simple math and yet completley unncesarry.. you start the race with the fuel you need. You are just making up idiotic features for people too lazy and too stupid to perform basic addition and division. But to each his own.

Quote from Sarlacc :And a FRIENDLY way to show the GAP info, PIT INFO, etc...

It doesn't get any friendlier than the gap shown by LFS? What is unclear about a list of drivers in the bottom right corner and "0:43.22" as a time difference? Pit info? Who's pit info? It prolly doesn't show you other drivers pit info since it works via your own insim, and if I'm in the car and I've just done a pitstop - what is the point in having it repeated back to me by some application? I know how long it took and what changes were done.

Quote from Sarlacc :Bottom line... think first, write later...

Bottom line... think first, don't code useless applications after u've thought about it...
You don't like this app ? You don't need it ? You find it redundant ? You think it's a waste of time ? Just ignore it then.

Why do you waste your time posting your rather unfriendly comments ?
Quote from Ripley :Why do you waste your time posting your rather unfriendly comments ?

So that stupidity doesn't completley take over the world I'm forced to exist in.
Scipy, is there something that YOU would think is useful information that an application like this could display? I am sure the devs of this app would listen.

I would think that maybe something like tyre temps, damage and clutch temp, i.e. display the f10 f11 and f12 menus, would be pretty useful? Saves having to press keys when racing.
Quote from scipy :So that stupidity doesn't completley take over the world I'm forced to exist in.

You made me smile, but you'd better relax...stupidity has ALREADY taken over...we are doomed!
Quote from jasonmatthews :Scipy, is there something that YOU would think is useful information that an application like this could display? I am sure the devs of this app would listen.

I would think that maybe something like tyre temps, damage and clutch temp, i.e. display the f10 f11 and f12 menus, would be pretty useful? Saves having to press keys when racing.

You can have the F9 through F12 menu on a single button on the wheel/shifter - check out http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Script_Guide

The telemetry application that I'd like to have would look something like this: http://www.team-sirius.com/dow ... /lfs/telemetry-proggy.png

I've used the LRA background as an example, but this is not an application that would display anything to the driver in real time (via insim). We take a team for example, 4 drivers, each of them just enables LFS Outgage (or runs a client-side program of this application which would enable outgage and connect to the "server") which then sends all the relevant information that outgage can send (rpm, speed, pedal position, laptimes etc) to the "server" side of the application which would run online and draw stuff in the same way LFS Remote draws cars on track in "real time".

This part would have to run online so the rest of the drivers can access the information and view the telemetry, and also so that the racing engineer or someone in that position can follow progress and tell drivers for example.. if they are downshifting into over-the-rpm-limiter revs and damaging the engine, or if they're losing speed in a particular corner so that they can do something differently there etc.

It'd basically be a "telemetry tracker" for real time data acquisition. Outgage is already there, it can perform the functions necessary to get the data from the driver's pc to the "server". The problem is that no one seems to be interested in programming the rest of the application because it'd require some serious work. But on the other hand, it wouldn't be a useless insim application like so many of the already available insim-dashboards which can display rpm and whaeva on your second screen.

So if anyone wants to make this, they'll get the scipy-thumb-of-approval (instead of the neverending list of insults that make me so popular with the forum idiots).

/out
Quote from scipy :You can have the F9 through F12 menu on a single button on the wheel/shifter - check out http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Script_Guide

The telemetry application that I'd like to have would look something like this: http://www.team-sirius.com/dow ... /lfs/telemetry-proggy.png

I've used the LRA background as an example, but this is not an application that would display anything to the driver in real time (via insim). We take a team for example, 4 drivers, each of them just enables LFS Outgage (or runs a client-side program of this application which would enable outgage and connect to the "server") which then sends all the relevant information that outgage can send (rpm, speed, pedal position, laptimes etc) to the "server" side of the application which would run online and draw stuff in the same way LFS Remote draws cars on track in "real time".

This part would have to run online so the rest of the drivers can access the information and view the telemetry, and also so that the racing engineer or someone in that position can follow progress and tell drivers for example.. if they are downshifting into over-the-rpm-limiter revs and damaging the engine, or if they're losing speed in a particular corner so that they can do something differently there etc.

It'd basically be a "telemetry tracker" for real time data acquisition. Outgage is already there, it can perform the functions necessary to get the data from the driver's pc to the "server". The problem is that no one seems to be interested in programming the rest of the application because it'd require some serious work. But on the other hand, it wouldn't be a useless insim application like so many of the already available insim-dashboards which can display rpm and whaeva on your second screen.

So if anyone wants to make this, they'll get the scipy-thumb-of-approval (instead of the neverending list of insults that make me so popular with the forum idiots).

/out

You must be joking,definitely.
Who cares about you btw?
Are you some sort of god that needs to be satisfied by his subjects?
If you feel like this application is pointless then you really have your chance to show your skills.
I mean,the bit in bold is a real demonstration of how arrogant are you.
That's not an app made for you,you don't pay for that so you don't have any right to throw shit on it.Take it easy,the world doesn't rotate around you.
Ok, ok.....now....let's all take a breath, relax, and try to keep this thread clean and nice for the Seven LFS Telemetry bug reporting, new releases, and such.
Scipy has cleared his point of view on the matter...

(Ripley's thumb-of-approval)

Let's get over it, won't we ?
Ripley,you got to explain me how im going to make this thing work since i've never used Insim.
I've read that i can call insim by typing "/insim 29999" in the chat but then im stuck and the forum doesn't help me.
Sorry for being so noooooob at this.
hahhahahahahahahah, u just shot ur failed argument in the leg. you're gonna scream at me for saying something which most of the community (that actually DRIVES and doesn't just hang out in the forum and download useless applications) is thinking and you haven't even tested it or even know how insim works? great job. darwin award for u.
Quote from scipy :hahhahahahahahahah, u just shot ur failed argument in the leg. you're gonna scream at me for saying something which most of the community (that actually DRIVES and doesn't just hang out in the forum and download useless applications) is thinking and you haven't even tested it or even know how insim works? great job. darwin award for u.

I don't need to understand how it works to tell you are a complete unpolite person.The one which is failing is you,trust me.
You can try to make your point clear,say what you don't like,what ever.
But,in case you didn't understand it,the real point is HOW you do it.
Is that clear?
My proposal is still good,if you feel you can do better than these guys i suggest you to make your finger do some stretching on that keyboard and produce something good.
Should i explain it better?
What is happening to this community?Where does all this complaining come from?
Bah,why am i wasting my time with you?
You see,if your only argumentation is laughing there's really nothing i can do for you,im sorry,try to sort you problems out before throwing shit all over the place.
-
(Ripley) DELETED by Ripley
Quote from scipy :....most of the community (that actually DRIVES and doesn't just hang out in the forum and download useless applications)

You too seem to hang out around here quite a bit...

Quote from IlGuercio :Ripley,you got to explain me how im going to make this thing work since i've never used Insim....

Done.
I get a:"Password does not match your multiplayer admin password" error message.
Anyone knows how to sort this out?
Feedback
Hi everyone. After this weekend, I came back here, I read all this posts...

When we started this program, and when we decide to Publish to the world, we knows that critics will be released. Some goods, some bads. But what Spicie is doing is not anyone of this cases. So, what I can think when 99,99% of the peoples that had made download of the software, used, and ALL OF TEM SAID: Very good, Thanks, Awesome! and all of the 99,99% os the trying to help to continue the development, mading critics, mading feedback, telling tips, etc. Only that I can say is: To the software reach this level in only two days, it was perfecly success! This will be My seccond and last post to reply what scipy are saing. If you don't liked, GET OFF.

I sugest to all other to do not reply all this bullshit and ignore it. If he maded a constructive critic, good, or bad, it will be welcome.

If he continue to mess the formum, I will ask to the administration to remove he from this topic, or ban his access of this topic.

Realy, I had liked what everyone tells about the software, but when someone said: "So that stupidity doesn't completley take over the world I'm forced to exist in." I think it's became personal.

If becames personal (not to me, but to spicie), I think that its time to spice retreats and forget this topic.

For the peoples that want to help us to continue this software, thanks very mutch and you allways will be welcome!!!
Quote from IlGuercio :I get a:"Password does not match your multiplayer admin password" error message.
Anyone knows how to sort this out?

If you trying to connect direcly to the server, the software do not will display anything. He was maded to display informations only connecting to insim port from local game. The admin password that apears on the setup screen is for the Server Administration Module, that we are mading.
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Scipy is exactly right in what he says, all of this information is currently available to me through my f9-12 menus, the split times can be done through Airio on a server to show me how far off my pb I am and can show my spb and predicted laptime as I drive, I have LFS to show me whether my headlights are on or how far ahead the person in front is, or who set the fastest lap and for any other gaps I can ask my team mates while driving/racing. And there are other applications which I have used before which do exactly the same thing.

He's right when he says this is useless, as if you already have a similar outgauge application then this is nothing new. His first post in this page gives suggestions and additions to this app, which would make it even more functional in a real life situation. The biggest problem with all of the applications is the one-to-one nature of the LFS outgauge to LFS dashboard/telemetry application on another computer, in that you can only connect to one IP at a time. Which isn't exactly ideal if you want more than one person to look at it at the same time.

So have a proper read of his posts, get past the aggressive veneer and you'll see he has some good ideas to make your application unique; and remember, it is a public forum so not everyone has to bow down to your programming skills!
Quote from boothy :If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. Scipy is exactly right in what he says, all of this information is currently available to me through my f9-12 menus, the split times can be done through Airio on a server to show me how far off my pb I am and can show my spb and predicted laptime as I drive, I have LFS to show me whether my headlights are on or how far ahead the person in front is, or who set the fastest lap and for any other gaps I can ask my team mates while driving/racing. And there are other applications which I have used before which do exactly the same thing.

He's right when he says this is useless, as if you already have a similar outgauge application then this is nothing new. His first post in this page gives suggestions and additions to this app, which would make it even more functional in a real life situation. The biggest problem with all of the applications is the one-to-one nature of the LFS outgauge to LFS dashboard/telemetry application on another computer, in that you can only connect to one IP at a time. Which isn't exactly ideal if you want more than one person to look at it at the same time.

So have a proper read of his posts, get past the aggressive veneer and you'll see he has some good ideas to make your application unique; and remember, it is a public forum so not everyone has to bow down to your programming skills!

Ok, perfecly! I know that some informations that is displayed on F9~F12, but, but when you are racing, for some peoples, it's hard to press one of thouse keys, or change and find the information.

But, what I belive that is more easy to do is look at your side quickly and see one screen that shows this informations than take your hand out of wheel, press one key, find the information.

I know too that have informations like Turbo, RPM, Velocimeter that is bullshit, but it is the first version. Once we have more important informations to show, it will be replaced.

I really like to know whats informations Scipy and you want to apear on the application. We never said that we do not will do that or this.

But what we think is there is means to tell the things.

If you agree with Scipy, ok. Tell us what you think that can be improved, whats change to do. But not tell that its Bullshit, or do comments like "WOW, tnx for ****ing nothing" or "So that stupidity doesn't completley take over the world I'm forced to exist in."

This is disrespect with the develop team and all those liked the app and want to improve it.

This thread is just to share informations and ideas.
Quote from jasonmatthews :I have got it working, but it crashes after a little while. Error message below.

Using Windows 7 64 bit

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: seven lfs telemetry.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4acd4098
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4a27471d
Problem Signature 07: 20c8
Problem Signature 08: 143
Problem Signature 09: N3CTRYE2KN3C34SGL4ZQYRBFTE4M13NB
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Hi! I had tested the program on Windows 7 64 Bits.

The guy has the same poroblem.

He has .NET Framework 3.5 without SP1...

If you do not have .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 installed, please install it and try again.

Here is the link to the framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/downl ... 9AB0D7&displaylang=en

If the problem still happen, please contact me
Quote from przewodo :If you trying to connect direcly to the server, the software do not will display anything. He was maded to display informations only connecting to insim port from local game. The admin password that apears on the setup screen is for the Server Administration Module, that we are mading.

Im just playing hotlapping mode,not joining any online game.
And,when i try to save my setup into the setup screen in Seven the program crashes.It's just my pc or some sort of bug?

It's a shame that people still can't understand that the problem is not WHAT you say but HOW you say something.
The program may be uncomplete and still buggy but they're working on it.Saying things like"Stupidity,Uselessness,and so on" won't make any one look smarter than the others and will just show your lack of respect and manners.
Many of you are missing this point:the fact that you are a computer genius(still to prove) doesn't allow you to treat the others as they were objects.
Take a deep breath,count to ten and do some good criticism(or,if you don't know what it looks like,learn learn some).
You're playing too much an easy game boys,this place needs a bit of a cleanup.

SEVEN LFS Telemetry
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG