The online racing simulator
Nobody thinks around here?

People driving using mouse would have a hard time steering if every mode had the mouse interacting with the interface.

oops didn´t think about mouse users... but on the other hand I think this function is useless while driving. So in spectate mode you should be able to interact with the mouse in every situation.
Thank you...
I got some of those error messages last night, will install Z17 tonight and let you know......

edd
Quote from JO53PHS :Not a bug, but I thought it's worth mentioning that for Z16 and Z17 have given me quite an FPS hit compared to Z15 and previous.

Used to be 40-60 FPS nearly all the time, and now I'm looking at 20 - 30, but generally closer to 20.

Nothing significant has been changed on my PC Is there something code wise that is now (largely?) more complicated than before that would cause this?

Quote from !RAM! :Im getting closer to 10fps, I use to have around 60...And my graphics are on lowest

It's surprising to me that some people get a lower frame rate, I thought all changes I made would only improve frame rates (unless you use multiple renders).

Unfortunately, these reports of low frame rates so far are quite meaningless, because they are not accompanied by a description or a screen shot. So I don't have a clue what could be slowing you down - scenery, cars, shadows, wheels - there are so many things...

What would be useful is a screenshot from Z17 and the frame rate, also a screenshot with exactly the same scene visible in an older version. Then we can start to consider what might be happening. Assuming the problem is graphical, please remember to pause so there is no physics processing in each case.

Quote from raczger :I know, this is not actually z17 bug:
I put bl1, and demo cars on server, what normally s2(0.5 z13), and the lfsworld say it is demo server. My friend try join to server (with demo licence), but he can't, lfs say: it is s1 server.

(Sorry for my bad english)

Maybe you have a layout loaded or you have set maximum guests too high.

Why it is different on LFS World I do not know, but please let us know if you find the answer.
I can confirm the lower fps in the latest test patches, however for me it only occurs when I see multiple cars drifting and generating thick smoke which is overlapping. That can suddenly cause my fps to take a dip from 170 all the way down to 15 or so. Related to the smoke/dust windscreen fix perhaps?
If you could post a replay, tell us which car to follow/be in, and when it happens for you then we could get a comparison across a mix of h/ware.
Quote from AjRose :Hey Scawen, Have you thought about making the screen angle adjustable in game.

I use two side monitors that are about 30* foward from the Center monitor. I can make it look reasonable by adjusting the FOV but then I'm limited to how much I can adjust my view position.

I am thinking about it. I understand the need for a side monitor angle setting, in two quite normal and reasonable situations :

1) If the centres of your side monitors do not directly face your viewpoint.

2) If you want to use a wider fov than the true fov of your monitors.

It's not easy though... I am on the case but don't know yet if it will work out.

Quote from AjRose :By the way the Bezel slider was a great idea.

I agree, but it was not my idea.
Quote from Scawen : Maybe you have a layout loaded or you have set maximum guests too high.

Why it is different on LFS World I do not know, but please let us know if you find the answer.

I found, what was wrong. On the server was these settings: /carsmax=15 /maxguests=15 and the demo lfs say it is s1 host, but lfsw say it's demo, because i think it dont look the carsmax, what in demo 12 When i set /carsmax=12 , demo user can join.
Not a real problem, but the brake lights, on the car that have them combined with the normal light, are brighter when the rear light is turned on. As far as i know they should have the same brightness regardless if the light is turned on or not.
Quote from pipa :Not a real problem, but the brake lights, on the car that have them combined with the normal light, are brighter when the rear light is turned on. As far as i know they should have the same brightness regardless if the light is turned on or not.

I noticed that too, and you're right. Brake light should be same brightness when taillight is turned on and off.
Quote from Scawen :
I agree, but it was not my idea.

But it was your idea to add it
So it was a good idea
Quote from pipa :...As far as i know they should have the same brightness regardless if the light is turned on or not.

Thats plain wrong!
Quote :Regulations worldwide stipulate minimum intensity ratios between the bright (brake) and dim (tail) modes, so that a vehicle displaying rear position lamps will not be mistakenly interpreted as showing brake lamps, and vice versa.

Not talking about LED´s, just normal light bulbs:

Rear-/ tail-lights should be 5 W on older cars build <70´s aka oldtimers, or 10 W on newer cars

Brakelights are always 21 W!
But the 21W brake light filament doesn't magically get brighter because/when the 5W sidelight filament is lit.
Quote from Ricou :...
Now I have a little request : In 3 screens mode, could you make an option to let us choose wether to render external views on 1 screen or on all screens ?

I ask that because I prefer the old way those views were rendered (even with the FOV beeing too narrow), and I'd like to have this back

Thanks in advance for any reply you may do.

Is it impolite if I try to get more attention ?

I have the feeling I went unnoticed. By the way, turning the number of sidescreens to 0 doesn't work.
Some cars, when the brake lights are on, turn the park light filament off (remember seeing this on a 1990 camry with some dodgy globes)
Other cars don't (my old corolla lit both filaments when the brakes were depressed) so it was a teensy bit brighter, not much tho
No probs with Z17 so far. Tested on two different machines (c2d & gtx260, p4 & 7600gt). Fps are identical to Patch Z on both systems
Z: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/Ray-alek/LFSZ.jpg

Z17: http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/Ray-alek/LFSZ17.jpg

on both versions
Haze Effect = Yes
Draw sky = off
Shadow type = off
Draw Trees: = off
Draw Flags = off
Draw Rubber = off
Full-Scene antialiasing = none
Texture Filtering = none
Mip bias interface/text
" Objects/walls
" Grass/Gravel
" Road Surfaces
Z17 patch are all .8 or less more than original version

Textures = high res
Car and helmet skins compressed
Z-buffer 24

1024x768 [16 bit] 60Hz

Additional Info:
Radeon 9550

AMD Athlon XP 2000+
1.66GHz, 768MB of RAM

(I relised the hands where on in z17 and not in original but that didn't make much difference)

Edit: I have closed the application running the clock in Z17 screen shot and no great frame rate change.
Quote from tristancliffe :But the 21W brake light filament doesn't magically get brighter because/when the 5W sidelight filament is lit.

Exactly my point.
i used windows xp sp3 - z15 and there the frame rate was around 90 graphics on max
and now with windows 7 i have 40 fps with the same settings but with Z17
sometimes when someone pit it freezes for 5 sec and the frame rate drops down to 2.5 fps

Galaxy (Nvidia) 9500 ddr3
intel D 2.8
2gb ram
This is not a bug really, more of a feature suggestion. When you take a screenshot with CTRL+S when using the tv camera view on triple monitors the black sides are included in the picture. It would be nicer if the black stuff wouldn't be saved to the screenshot.
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
would be nice if they saved to jpeg instead of bitmap too, but meh.
Quote from !RAM! :Z vs. Z17 fps

The only clear difference I can see is that Z17 seems to use Anisotropic filtering.

You sure you don't have a game specific profile that doesn't work anymore because the LFS.exe has changed maybe? Or maybe you have a different install location for Z17?
Quote from bunder9999 :would be nice if they saved to jpeg instead of bitmap too, but meh.

taking screen shots requires speed to avoid any delay whilst the game is running, dumping to a BMP only requires a dump of the image in memory, a JPEG would require compression of this image and therefore take longer.
Quote from !RAM! :...

I think the best way to test this is to do two completely new installs of Z and Z17, and test those. That way we can rule out any differences in settings, mods or driver profiles between the versions. You don't use the same AF settings in those shots, so it's not easy to compare them.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z17 (online compatible)
(332 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG