The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z16 (online compatible)
(203 posts, closed, started )
Car: XRT
When ABS kicks in, I can see it on the tires (F9 - they get orange) and I can feel it on the virtual wheel since it shakes and so on (I drive with mouse by the way), but it doesn't show up on the dash board anymore (nor in the HUD), as they used to in older patches.
I don't know if it's a bug or if it was supposed to be like that, I think it's fine as it is now, even though it made me think I had ABS off for a while.

The new HUD is simply amazing - I can't wait (I mean, I can, but I'm excited) to see them implemented on the car dash boards.

Being able to open the options (Shift + O) while in Shift + U is really great - I always wanted to do that.

I love that it's not possible to turn on and off the headlights and taillights: thanks!

I couldn't find the pit speed limits on the HUD... it seems as it doesn't show up unless the arrow shows up as well, I'm going to try that in a few moments.

And now rallycross is fun again, since I can see the smoke through the windscreen and it really feels alive! Thanks a lot.

By the way, there's absolutely no FPS change for me, I have exactly the same fps as before (at least I didn't notice any fps changes since I use fps limiter on 90fps), and shadow rendering method doesn't change fps at all for me as well.
Q9550 2.83GHz, 3GB RAM DDR2 800MHz, 9800GT 512MB

(all tests were made on XRT and Kyoto, plus a bit of rallycross, I didn't have time to play around on other tracks etc)
Quote from Bose321 :Could you tell if in the future LFS also have that when you have the lights turned on, you will see it on the road

It would require a pretty big graphics engine overhaul to allow for dynamic lights that look anything near as good as the ones in newer games. Unless we ever get night racing, which would make such a change necessary, don't even dream on that getting implemented. It is nothing more than eyecandy (in a racing simulation!) that would require a significant amount of work for 'nothing'.
@Scawen: So it just depended on what my monitor could support? Now it kind of looked like I made a noobish question looking at it now.

Even with these small changes, the game has become much more visually reslistic. Great work

btw, for those using FlipCams, you might already know it's not working...
Dunno if its a new or old issue, but found a shadow bug (first time i see a shadow bug.. EVER..) attached a img..
Attached images
shadow.jpg
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Flame CZE
Great improvements Scawen, good job, very useful!

You should add the 3 key to the list of reserved keys
Found a small bug. When you have more than 1 side screens you can't change the bezel width, but the if you set it before (with 1 side screen) the setting still applies.
Quote from Feffe85 :Dunno if its a new or old issue, but found a shadow bug (first time i see a shadow bug.. EVER..) attached a img..

hey that's me! I think that's been so for awhile, I remember seeing shadows on the wall when someone spawns in pit garage next to me. Depends on the time of day/track

bug reports: everything smooth in game. After install of patch, I went into multiplayer, went into windowed mode by default, I went back to main menu to change that, and LFS crashed. No crashes after changing the setting, though. (windows 7 64-bit)
Don't have multiple monitors to play around with, so I didn't try those.

Quote :Other changes to view system :

Two button look (left + right) is now double the one button look and
this allows up to 180 degrees look (like old versions of LFS). - works

Rear look (instant 180 degree view from centre of car) is now the
same on all cars (no longer shows a virtual mirror) but is disallowed
if the host activates forced cockpit view. - works

Cockpit view Z-buffering has improved so you should not usually see
missing parts of your seat or the car body when looking around. - works

Other updates :

Click car arrow on small map to view that car - works
Included Slovenian translation of training lessons - untested
New key : SHIFT+O to enter options from SHIFT+U mode - works
Pit speed limit is now shown below the pit direction arrow - works
Misc option "Shadow generation" replaces Z15 test shadows key - works
Headlights and tail lights can now be switched on by pressing '3' - works
V / TAB / P / HOME / F1 / F2 / F3 / F / SHIFT+M / N work in options - works
Virtual dash uses symbols (soon to be implemented on real dashboards) - works

Fixes :

FIX : Pit lane arrow is now only shown in driving views - works
FIX : Pit lane arrow was shown even when car was going the right way - works
FIX : Autocross editor buttons were wrongly scaled with the interface - works
FIX : Physics objects & smoke can now be seen through your windscreen - works
FIX : Selected object in editor vanished behind anything transparent - works
FIX : Turn signals were switched off if car received any damage - works
FIX : Crash in game setup screen after removing a player - never had that

The only issue I encountered was the chat text not aligning consistently. Using shift-f4 to go from full-screen to windowed at any resolution causes the text to not be completely aligned to the left. If Z16 is started in windowed mode and is not put into full-screen, the text is aligned all the way to the left.
Attached images
z16-chat-align-correct.jpg
z16-chat-align-off.jpg
there doesn't happen to be more smoke does there?
Shouldn't the side markers be illuminated when the headlights are on?
Quote from wheel4hummer :Shouldn't the side markers be illuminated when the headlights are on?

What do you mean by a side marker? A turn indicators? Then no, they shouldn't, why?
Quote from wheel4hummer :Shouldn't the side markers be illuminated when the headlights are on?

You mean the indicators? I don't know if cars sold in the USA have the indicators illuminate when the lights are on, but it certainly isn't the case here

Are the indicators lit up too so that there is less chance of Americans crashing into each other or smn?
I think he meant sidemarker lights, which are required on cars sold in the US. They aren't that common in Europe.
great update
Lookin' good Scavier.
When you open the lights and then hit the headlight button(g default) there is no difference...

Road is not lighting up when lights are on.

Suggestion: I hope you will add Night weather xD

Everything else works fine. Lights are perfect! Keep up the good job.
Quote from Scawen :Other updates :

Click car arrow on small map to view that car

Thank you so much! :lovies3d:
Picture speaks for itself I think. I'll install Z15 again,that should fix it.

As Hp posted above, I also had that bug. I tried connecting in Z15 and it worked on the first try.

And just so you know, I don't play RS.
Weird Screen issue!!
i have a 40" monitor and im having an issues i didnt have on Z15 and i have no idea how to fix it.. there is a black bar completely around the screen i run windowed mode for msg reasons from msn etc.
Attached images
Untitled2.png
Force Feedback is more smooth now. THIS IS the best part of update
Quote from ponczak :Force Feedback is more smooth now. THIS IS the best part of update

I feel no difference at all. Plus there's no notice about it.
Quote from JDMKING20 :i have a 40" monitor and im having an issues i didnt have on Z15 and i have no idea how to fix it.. there is a black bar completely around the came screen i run windowed mode for msg reasons from msn etc.

The top and bottom black bars are because you have "Wide screen effect" switched on (in Screen Options).

The side black bars are only in external views, explained a bit more here :
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1275576#post1275576
Quote from darkkostas :...
Road is not lighting up when lights are on.

Suggestion: I hope you will add night weather xd...

+1
my 2 monitor setup isn't working right....

i tell it 1 to the right and the screen sizes and full screen it just stays on the main monitor.
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z16 (online compatible)
(203 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG