The online racing simulator
Quote from Boris Lozac :Haven't you learned from previous mistakes by now, not to trust those bullshots?

Haven't you learned by now that GT5 trailer videos are edited?

So what's to stop them from doing so to the screen shots hmm? I realise GT5:P is a couple of years old now, but i wasn't impressed at all with the graphics, especially with the lack of Anti-Aliasing, so i can't see the graphics changing too much up to the release. Oh wait, there working on dynamic weather and time cycles...OH! And damage too, but only for certain cars! How cool. Oh, and rollover too! Wow, so i guess in the huge ammount of time it will take them to finally release the bloody thing, they might be able to fiddle with the graphics after all! AWESOME!
I hope that GT5's physics will suck ALOT like gt4, then I would like to see boris's face.
I'd like fans of both games to admit they each have a place in the sim world. Don't see why it has to be one or the other. I own both Forza 2 and GT5:P. I will own Forza 3 and GT5. Does that make me some kind of advocate for peace?

Because in the name of peace I will smack their f*cking heads together
Quote from Dajmin :Don't see why it has to be one or the other. I own both Forza 2 and GT5:P. I will own Forza 3 and GT5. Does that make me some kind of advocate for peace?

I think its because we are "of a certain age", and therefore we know just how pointless and immature fanboyism and fan-baiting is .
Maybe. I mean I grew up during the Spectrum/C64 fanboy wars and then migrated to the SNES/MegaDrive wars, but even though I was 20 and then 10 years younger respectively, they never got as petty as this one.

I love the internet, but sometimes I wish some people didn't have access to it

Jesus. I'm only 30 next year and could already appear in Grumpy Old Men.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I hope that GT5's physics will suck ALOT like gt4, then I would like to see boris's face.

I'm bashing the GT's physics since beggining of time, trust me They haven't exactly sucked, but there were plenty of flaws.. Still, GT5p and GT4 gave me the best feedback on the wheel with only LFS topping it..
I'm just poking some fun, cause a lot of people hyped Forza's graphics..

And Nathan French, one guy posted a comparison image, detalied comparison images beatween Forza 3 and GT5p (gameplay images), if i was a proper fanboy i would've posted it by now, but i'm not
Relax guys, i'm just joking, i will bash GT5 too
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
It looks way better there, but it's not really fair to compare a new full game to a 2-year old tech demo
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I hope that GT5's physics will suck ALOT like gt4, then I would like to see boris's face.

Definition of a counter-fanboy ^

(which is worse than an actual fanboy)
Quote from danowat :CHECK , your move jibby

Gah! You have no idea how hard i fought for that time...

Will try to improve it, but i'll probably struggle and eventually give up!
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
Dude it's a handheld game, a full on interior just won't happen.

They say the focus is on pick up battles with your friends......I haven't tested that aspect so I can't comment, but from my single player experience for about an hour, I would just say there's not much point to play a handheld "sim" with one thumbstick.
I think it's a fair comparison (link posted by Wenom). It's just that GT5P is dated now, so we should wait for the final release of GT5 before making comparisons.

However, from what we can see now...

There is no question that the cars itself look amazing in GT5P, Forza will never reach that level IMO. But what i always thought... not even when comparing, but simply every time i play GT5P... is that everything else in GT5P (beside the cars) looks very bland and washed out.

Amazing car models, yes. Everything else looks not very good compared to other games, like Forza 3 for example. Best would be GT5P car models with Forza 3 tracks/environment.
I tend to agree.

The body material in GT5P is just miles ahead of Forza.

Combined with better dynamic shadow the car looks alot better.

Forza is very detailed, but in some way like a very high detail Rfactor track, oversatuated in some places and not as natural as it should be.
Quote from jibber :Gah! You have no idea how hard i fought for that time...

Will try to improve it, but i'll probably struggle and eventually give up!

What a lack of motivation. :P Come on guys, pick up the pace. Let's have some challenge!! Just joking since I'm not good enough to compete with top timers in leaderboards, so I might as well brag among friends list leaderboard.

Btw, try doing fast times in audi r8, then coming back to ferrari. It will be easier to get a good time in ferrari then.

p.s.: Guys give it a rest, don't feed the troll. Boris - take your top hobby (complaining about f3) here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/sh ... .php?t=375000&page=78
Quote from kamkorPL :What a lack of motivation. :P Come on guys, pick up the pace. Let's have some challenge!! Just joking since I'm not good enough to compete with top timers in leaderboards, so I might as well brag among friends list leaderboard.

Btw, try doing fast times in audi r8, then coming back to ferrari. It will be easier to get a good time in ferrari then.

p.s.: Guys give it a rest, don't feed the troll. Boris - take your top hobby (complaining about f3) here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/sh ... .php?t=375000&page=78

Hahaha! Ohh well...

I know exactly how to improve my times. I know which corners i messed up in my best lap... or in other words, i know what would be the fastest way to take each corner. But the problem is... i don't have good enough concentration skills to take every corner like i know i should... in one lap, without messing up at least one or two of them...
I was on course for a 1.07.7xx this morning, and fluffed the 2nd from last corner!!!

edit : GAWJUSS
Quote from JJ72 :Definition of a counter-fanboy ^

(which is worse than an actual fanboy)

How? I'm not fan of any of those games. Forza has the physics and GT5 in my opinion very good interior models. Forza 3 cockpit cam is too close to the windshield, you can't see a thing in the car.
Quote from danowat :I was on course for a 1.07.7xx this morning, and fluffed the 2nd from last corner!!!

edit : GAWJUSS

Lovely!

Correct me if im wrong, but did the 787B make it in FM2? If not, that would also be an awesome addition to FM3. Also, it sounds trivial, but it's something i really like, but im loving the wheel blur in FM3. FM2s was nice, but you could see the different "stages" of blur. Comparing to the demo, FM3's is much smoother. Sounds like a small thing i know, but it looks very nice in replays.
Tyre deformation also looks sweet in replays!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Lovely!

Correct me if im wrong, but did the 787B make it in FM2? If not, that would also be an awesome addition to FM3.

787B wasn't in FM2 unfortunately. It was on GT4 (and GT3 I think) and it sounded pretty good back then, but if it were to be on either GT5 (quite probable as it was on others) or FM3, it will sound even better and be a shedload nicer to drive.

That new Mazda Lola car is looking rather tasty. Wonder what other surprises we'll get with these daily teasers.

On another note, less than a month to go! :hyper:
Still trying to talk the other half into letting me pre-order so I can get the special cars Reviews are apparently due to start rolling out on the 8th, so I fully expect to see some comprehensive car lists popping up over the next few days.

But where to pre-order from? GAME for the M3 E92 or Gamestation for the Lancer Evo X? I can't choose!
Quote from Takumi_lfs :How? I'm not fan of any of those games.

Exactly that.

You are not a fanboy, but you want a game to fail because of some other fanboys.

That's a counter-fanboy.
Quote from Dajmin :Still trying to talk the other half into letting me pre-order so I can get the special cars Reviews are apparently due to start rolling out on the 8th, so I fully expect to see some comprehensive car lists popping up over the next few days.

But where to pre-order from? GAME for the M3 E92 or Gamestation for the Lancer Evo X? I can't choose!

Shopto have it cheaper
(this is just so i can post in caps)

TAKE THE GRAN TURISMO CRAP TO THE GRAN TURISMO THREAD. THIS THREAD IS ABOUT FORZA.

Dam sony fanboys can't accept defeat
But they don't have the special cars

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG