The online racing simulator
Quote from jibber :I also found that the sensitivity setting in the console/user profile changes the feeling of the game a lot. I had it on medium, and recently put it to high... feels A LOT better now!

Where is that setting?
It's in your profile somewhere (when you press the xbox button). I think it's in "profile settings" and then "general game settings" or something. There's three settings: low, medium, high.

I found out because a friend of mine was over at my place and mentioned how the sensitivity felt a lot better than when he's playing the demo at home. I got curious and remembered seeing that setting long time ago in the profile settings, went ahead and changed it to high. Feels a lot more like Forza 2 again on high sensitivity.
Hmmm.......I'll have to have a look at that, cheers
I'll accept that in FM3 I suck, since I've only done a handful of laps so far. But in FM2 I've done hundreds of laps across all of the tracks, yet I still lag behind like a crazy man. So obviously I'm doing something wrong across the board.

I'd like to do some runs against the ghosts though, learn the track properly without having the AI get in my way. But no connection at home right now so I don't think that's going to work
Yeah, hotlapping only works when you are connected to XBL.
I keep trying the cockpit view but just can't get on with the way the steering wheel turns. It moves so little, it feels like the car is "yawing" independantly of the steering, I'd rather there were no steering wheel there at all if it can't turn in a vaguely realistic manner. Totally ruins it in my opinion.
Cockpitview only works if you play it with a wheel IMO
Quote from obsolum :Cockpitview only works if you play it with a wheel IMO

Does the in-game-wheel then turn as far as you are turning the wheel in your hands? If so, why can't the in-game-wheel just do that anyway?
I must confess, I rarely even notice the steering wheel, let alone it moving, I just like the sense of being in the cockpit.
I don't pay that much attention to what's going on inside the car. I'm a little more focussed on the vehicles around me and the corners hurtling towards me at 150mph
Quote from sinbad :Does the in-game-wheel then turn as far as you are turning the wheel in your hands? If so, why can't the in-game-wheel just do that anyway?

No, it makes no difference, but I just find that it feels incredibly weird to use the cockpitview with anything other than a wheel Just my opinion.

I don't have an Xbox wheel, by the way. So I don't use the cockpitview
The most annoying thing of all is that I probably won't even be able to get my copy of FM3 on launch day, thanks to having no money. Although I do have a credit card... and sick leave...

Problem solved!

I want to see more about the updated paint tools. I spent hours working on skins and I want to see how they've improved the process.
Quote from jibber :Two "new" videos (haven't seen them before):

Fujimi Kaido impressions.
http://www.gametrailers.com/vi ... 09-forza-motorsport/56932

New modes walkthrough.
http://www.gametrailers.com/vi ... 09-forza-motorsport/56940

PS: Dan, i've beaten your Ferrari lap time yesterday (not by much)!

Seen the vids

As for the time, unfortunately, I accepted a FR from KamkorPL, and his times are shite-hot unfortunately!!!!.

I'll try and edge the times down over the weekend, I think the toughest car to drive fast is the Mini oddly enough.
I know Kamkor since a few years from LFS. Be it drifting or racing, the man has mad talent...

Don't you dare and beat that time of yours again!

PS: Agreed, the Mini is probably the hardest. The Evo X is probably the easiest, but i didn't drive it for more than a few laps yet.
Quote from jibber :Don't you dare and beat that time of yours again!

CHECK , your move jibby
23 days including today till release
Want...

Quote from Boris Lozac :Haven't you learned from previous mistakes by now, not to trust those bullshots?

And the apparently ever vigilant Forza thread hype watchman strikes again. Ouch, well that put us in our place

Never seen someone so concerned with a game they apparently have no interest in playing, ever.
Mmmmmmmmmm tastey... I can't wait for this! I love the demo and I'm bound to spend many an hour on this when I should be doing uni work/seeing the girlfriend.

Quote from Boris Lozac :Haven't you learned from previous mistakes by now, not to trust those bullshots?

I'm sorry but I'm sick of your trolling. You don't like it? Then LEAVE THIS THREAD. Nobody forces you to put a comment on every released screenshot to say it's shit.
Rofl Sorry guys, why you're taking my posts so seriously I won't "provoke" anymore, promise
The thing is, the uproar about the graphics in FM3 haven't been about the cars around you - the only reduced-polycount car is your own, which you don't see that much of anyway.

I'm sure by now everyone knows the difference between Photo Mode and proper play mode. Besides, irrelevant of the mode, those are still the graphics. You can load the game up and see those images, right on the screen, being rendered in realtime. So what's the problem?

I'm not a big fan of new Bimmers with the very smooth curves to the bonnet, but that's quite nice. Still looking forward to this (and have informed the other half I'll be buying it day one and taking the launch day off work)
Boris trolling in the Forza 3 thread?, shock horror, never saw that one coming......

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG