The online racing simulator
Yeah, he recorded it with his mobile phone...
Works with mplayer on linux to me.

Quicktime should play it on windows.

Again sorry about the quality, but that's not the point of those videos.
Ain't got no Linux or Quicktime

But whatever, no big deal
Since you can't watch it. Cars go sideways onto the road-side(grass and stuff), and the roadside surface is causing the rollover. Pretty sweet.
Very good roll-over physics, i must admit..
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Boris, you are an interesting case. You seem to pretty much dislike forza (with a passion no one else has in this thread), but yet you are one of the most active people in forza thread.. Give it a break, seriously.
Sorry, i get carried away sometimes It's just interesting cause of all those bullshots and hyping.. but i'll stop now..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Sorry, i get carried away sometimes It's just interesting cause of all those bullshots and hyping.. but i'll stop now..

People who though the amount of polygons in photomode were going straight to the game are obviously naive idiots with no grasp on what sort of computing power it would need. It's called optimization and it needs to be done. What I've seen from the shots, it could do with some AA. But the 360 isn't very powerful and is getting old, so I guess it's either physics or good graphics.

I'm not talking about you now, but it seems that the console generation produces lot of whiny little kids. If this was out for PC most people would be happy if it ran.
Quote from Boris Lozac :I gotta be brutally honest, on these pictures it almost looks like a PS2 game

I know it's better in motion and all, but still..

Thats like saying race cars look stupid with big rear wings but they are better in motion. I agree the graphics in FM3 are not z0mG! but they are good and taking the graphics with the physics it is good. Now I know about the bullshots that were realeased but i suspect they were in photomode which will up the graphics. Also on the pictures, one of them looks like laguna seca (not yet released) so possibly not final pictures of how it will look. We wait for the full game though before we can judge properly.

However, I liked the demo and I am looking forward to the full game. However (just for you Boris ) while I do love FM2 and will most probably love FM3, I agree it seems from the demo that it isn't without its faults but then what game is.
The more I play the demo, the more I am looking forward to the full game, roll on end of Oct!!!
Just in case you didn't notice, the ones at laguna have the interface of fm2.
Quote from Rappa Z :Just in case you didn't notice, the ones at laguna have the interface of fm2.

Not to mention the fact there at an odd size, which is why they look like they have no AA, when infact, they do. If these guys have atleast played FM2 or the FM3 demo, they would realise the edges are ALOT smoother then those crappy pictures posted.
Quote from Rappa Z :Just in case you didn't notice, the ones at laguna have the interface of fm2.

They're for comparison of the car model... which looks almost identical, except for the wheels and the metallic paint.
Quote from MadCat360 :They're for comparison of the car model... which looks almost identical, except for the wheels and the metallic paint.

although the car in forza 3 looks better.
Quote from mutt107 :although the car in forza 3 looks better.

Yes it does but I was referring to the model poly count when I said "almost identical". If you look at the fender curves, you can see almost no difference in terms of blockyness (at least I can't). I think the "10x the polygons" claim was only for photo-mode models. I think the in-game models are basically the same.

The FM3 boards are awash with people claiming it has "the best physics ever". LOL
So, I bought Xbox 360. It's great, really great. But Forza 3, actually looks pretty terrible.

Earlier I got PS1 when I was a little kid, then PS2 and now Xbox 360. Sorry, but looks like Gran Turismo 5 will totally blow up Forza 3 with photorealistic colours and totally high end car and environment graphics. What about physics? Don't know, but Forza 3 will not feel great, pretty same with Gran Turismo 5.

Sad things about Forza Motorsport 3, just bought Xbox 360, but the one of the best special titles for this console will not be so good as I was thinking.
More impressions from me.

Forza 3 is really growing on me, I really, I mean really do enjoy it a lot.

The GFX in my opinion look exactly as on gameplay videos we've seen. Photomode will probably up the gfx with some higher level of detail.

Some crap pictures with phone (motion blur in replay cameras is not completly enabled when game is paused, so mostly no motion blur on pics). Colors ofcourse got changed due to the fact that camera is crap. But it still looks sweet to me.

Quote from kamkorPL :More impressions from me.

Forza 3 is really growing on me, I really, I mean really do enjoy it a lot.

The GFX in my opinion look exactly as on gameplay videos we've seen. Photomode will probably up the gfx with some higher level of detail.

Some crap pictures with phone (motion blur in replay cameras is not completly enabled when game is paused, so mostly no motion blur on pics). Colors ofcourse got changed due to the fact that camera is crap. But it still looks sweet to me.

So how is the drifting physics? Does it feel real? You should know
Takumi_lfs:

Physics are improved over fm2 definitely, and with that drifting in fm3. Also it seems there are no more sudden gains/losses of speed in drifting that could be felt in forza 2 (which made twin drifting sometimes a bit hard).

Quote from kamkorPL :Also one thing I remembered about physics. In real life in corners that are "straightway to 90 degree or sharper (hairpins, long hairpins)" I've had a problem with initiating a nice early drift entry before the apex without a handbrake. I never had a problem with it in live for speed, forza 2 or other games (as in other games it's easier to break the traction and keep the drift going). But in forza 3 demo I feel the same issue. So it's a plus for the physics.

It might be a too smooth, but i'm not sure, as the steering implementation in pad is very smooth, so that could be the reason. I've already made it better by using a guy from gtplanet advice:

Quote from Cobra_NZ :Also, the FM3 demo is very good. Make sure you guys check your game defaults settings in your XBOX360 dashboard. There are low, medium and high sensitivity settings for the controller. Changing those can have a big impact, make sure you have the setting that suits your driving and your eye to hand coordination best.

But also I've never drifted on slick tires in real life, hovewer in ferrari with street tires it's great especially on 2nd gear in the "car park/big pavement" area close the to pits.

Ofcourse it's not 100% like real life. And with so many simulators on pc, we may sometimes have bad idea of real car behaviour in mind (Jibber said something like that on previous page I think). Most important is, the feeling is there and the proper car reactions are there. I simply don't get weird car behaviour that I can feel in gt5p or rfactor drift mods, in which I must re-adjust my driving to fit the physics. Unlike in lfs, enthusia or forza 3 demo. Also to give full judgement a full game (proper drift cars, upgrades and tuning) is needed. I also like a lot the feeling of grip in forza 3.

So to sum up, LFS, Forza and Enthusia are the best games for drifting in my opinion. In LFS you get proper g25 support (which is not all that realistic, but realistic enough to give immersion), awesome online drift community, not much content, great physics, great layout editor. Then there's enthusia were you have lots of content, great cars, great physics, great sounds. Then it's forza 3, where you have great physics, great sounds, lots of content, very good tuning, online community etc. All games give a very good feeling of drifting, so whichever you drift in, you will be happy. As an overall package forza and lfs are equal to me, and enthusia is behind because it doesn't have online.

Then it's GT5P, and then much more far away rFactor with drift mods.
Ah so you guys drift the GTR car? I was drifting the california it was hard
Yeah Flying Lizard is much more driftable due to it's power. Tires really stick, but when you break the traction, it goes nicely, hovewer you have to stay hard on the throttle to keep the drift going.

California is ok with clutch kicking and proper lines, but it's best on 1st and 2nd gear on the "big pavement area" close to the pits.
Thanks kamkor, now I know enough. It's just buggin me because my xbox doesnt work atm. I'm not sure if im gonna fix it. The chances are 50/50 for forza 3 or gt5. I think I'll wait till they got released.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG