The online racing simulator
sex, lies, and videotape: B+ (James Spader being very Spader-y)
Ghost Town: C+ (overly familiar but well executed)
clean, shaven: A+ (amazing)
Lars and the Real Girl: C- (pretty stupid)
First Snow: B- (overly familiar but pretty well executed)
I just saw Blood and Bone and District 9. both were pretty good.
Bought Das Boot (though I'd seen it before), watched it, and loved it all over again.
The Fountain

This is the kind of films I really enjoy, although granted it's not a film for everyone as a lot of people will think it is difficult to follow (which tbf it is). Beautiful cinematography/visual effects, powerful writing, wonderful direction and heck even Hugh Jackman (who is second only to Jason Statham as actors I loath) is on top notch with his performance. I can only say that if you liked Donnie Darko then give this a try, but if you are looking for a switch off and watch movie then avoid.

This will be viewed in 10/15 years time as a cult classic I feel
Watched Inglorious Basterds for the third time in cinema tonight, need i say more? I just can't get enough of the David Bowie scene, no scrape that, ANY scene in the film
Small Brit/US indie flick which is worth a look, FAQ's about time travel.
Quote from danowat :Small Brit/US indie flick which is worth a look, FAQ's about time travel.

Yep, watched it recently and enjoyed it, very funny.
Falling Down 1993 8/10

One of my top 20 movies of all time, a story about how one man just snaps and can't take any more of modern life. Even now 16 years on (and yes, that makes me fell old) it is still relevant to today's world, for instance the scene in “Whammy Burger” is one that I wanted to replicate in real life every time I have a sub-standard burger which does not match what's on the display menu...obviously without the guns.

Obviously the film says a lot more about life other than poor standards at fast food outlets, but I really shoul let the viewer seek that out otherwise it losses it's impact on the audience.

Michael Douglas and Robert Duvall are brilliant in it, and if you have not seen this yet then I have to ask why the hell not. Even if it does not become a favourite it's one of those films that has to be viewed.
Agreed, Falling down is an amazing film, I am sure we can all indentify with the main character
Yes, briliant film, but 1993? I had no idea it's 16 years old..
In the mood for love - Great, sensual and inmersive love stroy (no, not one of those rainbow-vomit-pink-gay stories)

Touching the void - A terrifying story with an incredible scenario, great in HD.

Edit: Oh, Also seen "This is England" a couple of weeks ago, it was interesting, you can swap the country and flag with others like mine, the problems are the same. And also the solutions.
I recommend District 9

Best film ive seen for a long time
Quote from Eldanor :In the mood for love - Great, sensual and inmersive love stroy (no, not one of those rainbow-vomit-pink-gay stories)

Touching the void - A terrifying story with an incredible scenario, great in HD.

Edit: Oh, Also seen "This is Britain" a couple of weeks ago, it was interesting, you can swap the country and flag with others like mine, the problems are the same. And also the solutions.

Great suggestions.
Quote from danowat :Small Brit/US indie flick which is worth a look, FAQ's about time travel.

I had to read that sentence literally 20 times and look on IMDB for 3 different titles before I worked out that the movie you're talking about is called "FAQ About Time Travel". Did anyone else struggle with the above sentence?
Antichrist

Very good movie by Lars von Trier. More then a horror, it's a piece of art with a good story and very impressive acting by Willem Dafoe & Charlotte Gainsbourg. I found this the best movie of the whole year.

Chaos reigns!

I also recommend: Man bites dog / C'est arrivé près de chez vous
Quote from amp88 :I had to read that sentence literally 20 times and look on IMDB for 3 different titles before I worked out that the movie you're talking about is called "FAQ About Time Travel". Did anyone else struggle with the above sentence?

lol me too.. when i first read it, i wanted to reply "ok, but what's the name of the movie"

On topic, watched "The Wrestler" the other day, highly recomended..
Sorry guys
Crank2 - Really cool
Gone in 60 seconds - Cool
17 again - not for me
Hannah montanah - Nope
monsters vs aliens - Quite cool
Saw Funny People last night and Gamer about a week ago, Funny People was hularious throughout the film except about 10 minutes near the end where it was slightly serious, but it soons picks up in funnyness.

Gamer is just cool imo, similar idea to Death race but a better film overall.
The Assasination Of Jesse James by the Coward Bob Forde

Very interesting movie, not loads of action but a great story of betrayal
Quote from Intermediate07 :I've seen it too

Don't know how i should think about it, on the one hand it was some nice action with the aliens but on the other hand the point of view wasnt so good

Well anyway good film.

The lead characther was bloody annoying, with even more anoying accent, i didn't expect the whole film to evolve around this looser.. This could've been a LOT better film, with more emphasis on aliens, why are they there, or something, instead i watched that i*diot reporter the whole film..
Quote from Boris Lozac :The lead characther was bloody annoying, with even more anoying accent, i didn't expect the whole film to evolve around this looser.. This could've been a LOT better film, with more emphasis on aliens, why are they there, or something, instead i watched that i*diot reporter the whole film..

I thought he played his part very well. And even tho you might have missed it, people in south africa actually have such an accent (you're free to think it's annoying of course). I'm not sure if the rock would have been a good replacement for his character, or maybe john rambo?
Yea, haven't mentioned that part, he did play it very well, but the "concept" of the characther was annoying

Recommend a film you've seen lately.
(3163 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG