The online racing simulator
Your driver and license folders now have to be copied to the netkar folder in 'my documents'

I'm having a few issues... the worst of which is the sim crashing when i try and join a server grrrrr. Waiting for a quick fix.
Quote from The Moose :Your driver and license folders now have to be copied to the netkar folder in 'my documents'

I'm having a few issues... the worst of which is the sim crashing when i try and join a server grrrrr. Waiting for a quick fix.

Same for me, I was wondering about the license stuff.

Should I delete the old beta?

EDIT: ok I think ive done everything correctly. But still have the server issue
hehehee what a blast to drive!!!
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
Whoever said "the grass is greener on the other side" obviously never went to Aosta. This is what it looks like for me:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/930/utennavnul.jpg

Looks like the area was recently scorched by wildfire.. Anyone else seeing similar artifacts? All other tracks are fine..
Quote from adamlfs :Same for me, I was wondering about the license stuff.

Should I delete the old beta?

EDIT: ok I think ive done everything correctly. But still have the server issue

Isn't it neccessary to download the serverUpdate too?
Not getting that Gnomie. REPORT!

Netcode has gone to shit..... Was lovely in Beta 1

Quite a lot of bugs.

Abarth is great !

Quick fixes needed. Still, its a beta......
I love the Abarth (and I'm reasonably competitive so far! ).
Netcode is.. :hide:... had a few accidents due to lag hits... Still had great fun with it though.
-
(carey) DELETED by carey
i can't drive the abart and there is no servers online what is wrong do i have an old patch ? btw i have a full license that i baught las year
I find the abarth to be great. Fun, and simple to drive but hard to go fast (1:44.8 though at Aviano.. still a second and a half slower than others, but better than everywhere else).

I found out that adding a bit more Rear ARB made it a lot better to drive (at sacrifice of front tyres, but in 5 lap sprints, who cares?)

BTW Stu, that server got a lot better once people left.. the collisions got closer to perfect again (cept for the inevitable guy with 500 ping).

I had a lot of fun this... morning with that abarth... and I will when I wake up when I tear it around monaco or something equally stupid.
Meh, Beta 2 is not working for me. Crashes every time I press the drive button, regardless of the combo
Will go download now. I hope it works since I do want to buy it...

BTW, should the title of this thread read v1.1 something?
Nah it should not have any version nr, just like the iracing thread.
Is it just me, or is the framerate generally lower now than it used to be? At Prato I used to get 100FPS+, now I'm down to 60-70. (In practice mode, with all settings the same as before) At Aosta I'm getting half of what I get on the other tracks.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :

BTW Stu, that server got a lot better once people left.. the collisions got closer to perfect again (cept for the inevitable guy with 500 ping)..

Agreed. i went to another server and it was fine, and collisons were good. As long as you are racing with people that have good connections it's not a problem.

I love this car!

@ Gnomie. FPS is down with the Abarth. Kunos said it has a heavier hit on the GPU than other cars. I haven't tried the single seaters yet.

The new track is definitely heavier on the frame rate than others. (great track though!)

People that were on the edge, performance wise, with the old version are going to have problems in a big grid with this.
After reading few last post i see, i'm not alone with online server problem.
Game isn't crashing, just some annoying error window pops up. Tried to delete everything and install again, but... Hope for a quick fix of this.
Great car, had my first races on a full server and it was a blast to drive, can't report any problems so far (apart from the bad german translation).
Finally I've bought nkP, really nice expirience so far as far as physics goes.
Had four races in Abarth (great little car, btw!), 1 kamikaze on grid and I've menaged to wreck somebody :\.

Well, maybe I'll see some of you on the track (try not to be close to me, tho).
I grabbed the latest build, thinking I was going to get the Abarth, but looks like I'm stuck with the one car and two demo tracks for now. Anyway, things have really improved since I last downloaded the demo, so much so that I'll be looking to buy the full game once I've got some time off.
The sound of the Abarth when its been thrashed to bits is excellent, especially downshifting a touch too early!! I'm using the g25 shifter so blipping whilst downshifting sounds cool.
Quote from mrfell :The sound of the Abarth when its been thrashed to bits is excellent, especially downshifting a touch too early!! I'm using the g25 shifter so blipping whilst downshifting sounds cool.

The sound in all cars is so much better. Thrashing the F2000 around Aosta is just fantastic.

That track is bloody brilliant. Plenty of crazy camber, elevation changes, interesting corners and a great track surface. Just the best experience I've had in any sim. That tops iRacing for me. It makes the Mazda seem like a toy.

If only my computer was(n't so shit) better
Hmm, so who do I have to murder to get Kunos to do a torrent? These rip-off download "services" are achingly slow.
Have you got antivirus turned off?

Am loving the improvement, is it just me that thinks the cars seem to have bit more front end grip?
Quote from 5haz :Have you got antivirus turned off?

Surely. Same for the firewall.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG