The online racing simulator
MOMO LEDs
(202 posts, started )
MOMO LEDs
As discussed already in another thread, I made a little program that flashes the LEDs on Logitech MOMO and MOMO Racing based on events in LFS using OutGauge.

You can get it from my LFS site at http://www.kegetys.net/lfs/. It can be configured to display the shift light, handbrake, pitspeed limiter, tc, low fuel, RPM's, etc. individually for both leds and separately for all cars.

Note that it is somewhat experimental, I found the HID command to control the lights by half-accident, I do not have any documentation for the actual interface so there is a chance that something bad might happen for you. So if it blows up your wheel or opens a portal to hell or something, don't blame me, you have been warned. It works fine for me and a few "beta testers" though so it should be reasonably safe.

Also, while the light control seems to work on the DFP by changing the device ID, apparently the DFP drivers or the firmware control the lights all the time so it will only dimly flash the lights and thus is pretty much useless with them.
Nice work, now I need to change the LEDs on my wheel to some other color...
#3 - Goop
very cool - thanks!
Maybe if some daring coder could, they could make a GUI to customize ALL cars for it?
good work as usual.
so who dares to try this on his dfp first ?
lol ohh no it open a portal to hell
Excellent little program Kegetys
Works a treat. Thanks alot for this.
Wow Kegetys, great idea, can't wait to give it a try tonight!

Edit: will it work on the Red MOMO?
sounds great , it's a shame it doesn't work with the dfp
That's just brilliant
wooohoo, first test just worked. THAT rox, Kegetys!!
Wow, this is great! Only problem, I had LED1 on when I need to brake, but then I forget to look to the road.. :P

But, that gauge thing, could that work on any device with LEDs or anything in it? Like a Nokia N-gage? :P
Very smart thingy, this could be a mod I actually find use. Great work
I think I will try this for my Red MOMO.

However, I only have one working LED, the right one. The left one needs some fixing or something, I may have to open the piece up for the first time and check the connections. It just kind of has a loose connection and flickers sometimes.. so it wouldn't be a good idea to have that one as my shift light

BTW, Kegetys, I noticed in that one-handed preview video of yours, at the end you hit the metal wall and it makes a metal scratch/ding noise. Is that something you did??? (Also what was that cuckoo clock sound in the background, lol)
This is just great! Works perfectly on my Momo Force. Thank you very much!
Quote from Tweaker :BTW, Kegetys, I noticed in that one-handed preview video of yours, at the end you hit the metal wall and it makes a metal scratch/ding noise. Is that something you did??? (Also what was that cuckoo clock sound in the background, lol)

I've also seen that vid, but can't find it anymore, anyone got a link please?
#18 - Jakg
look at his previous posts... i think it was in the keyboard-flashing thingy thread, secondly, can your make this configuarble (ie, flash for pitlimiter, on for tc, one on the right for shift up etc)
Quote from Tweaker :BTW, Kegetys, I noticed in that one-handed preview video of yours, at the end you hit the metal wall and it makes a metal scratch/ding noise. Is that something you did??? (Also what was that cuckoo clock sound in the background, lol)

It's some old sound mod I made out of the crash sound effects from RBR. Dunno about cuckoo clock sounds, maybe the shifter whining? (I need to fix that someday...)
Quote from traxxion :Wow Kegetys, great idea, can't wait to give it a try tonight!

Edit: will it work on the Red MOMO?

It was my idea

But I'm too stupid to make it, so I'm glad he did... too bad it's for momo, I want it for dfp too
does it work with the Logitech Wingman Formula Force? I thought the share the same components/drivers with Momo steer?
try and hope it doesn't wreck your wheel

I take no blaim if that happens
Quote from wheeler :does it work with the Logitech Wingman Formula Force? I thought the share the same components/drivers with Momo steer?

It doesn't have leds, does it?
Yeah that wheel doesn't have LEDs at all. Friend owns it. It is as plain as white bread
Awsome, thanks!

MOMO LEDs
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG