The online racing simulator
MOMO LEDs
(202 posts, started )
Quote from BWX232 :Wow awesome program... I have a momo but use my DFP..

I was thinking.. since the DFP overrides the command this program uses to control the leds... (or switches control back to the DFP instantly)-
I wonder if it would be possible to just modify this program to control the LEDS on a DFP 100 times a second or something like that.. or more frequently.. so it does it faster than the DFP takes back control..

Maybe a work-a-round so it could work for that wheel?

I've already asked the Wingmanteam if it's possible to override the driver or firmware LED control... Awaiting an answer.
Quote from sgt.flippy :When your fuel is getting low press CAPS Lock. When pitting press it again.

Bwahahahaha... you're so funny...

No, not really...
Quote from TagForce :I've already asked the Wingmanteam if it's possible to override the driver or firmware LED control... Awaiting an answer.

Well I meant more overwhelming it rather than overriding it.. but not sure exactly how the software works.. I noticed they says they could affect the LEDs, just they instantly switched back to default.. I was thinking of just overwhelming it with commands to get the desired affect.. Just an idea.. probably wouldn't work anyway.
Quote from BWX232 :Well I meant more overwhelming it rather than overriding it.. but not sure exactly how the software works.. I noticed they says they could affect the LEDs, just they instantly switched back to default.. I was thinking of just overwhelming it with commands to get the desired affect.. Just an idea.. probably wouldn't work anyway.

And I asked them so we wouldn't have to force anything... DOSing hardware is often not a good plan, because the timing is going to be a problem, and it would probably have a bad effect on the normal working of the wheel (let's say it does one request every 0.001 second, and you send a led signal every 0.002 seconds, that slows the device down by 50%).
Quote from ATHome :Bwahahahaha... you're so funny...

No, not really...

I said that because if you looked close enough, and read the whole thread, you would know this actually is a result of a thread about having the leds on the KEYBOARD light up... So go ask it again there instead of here This one is about leds on the momo, and maybe other wheels, not for the keyboard, that was the other one about.
Quote from TagForce :And I asked them so we wouldn't have to force anything... DOSing hardware is often not a good plan, because the timing is going to be a problem, and it would probably have a bad effect on the normal working of the wheel (let's say it does one request every 0.001 second, and you send a led signal every 0.002 seconds, that slows the device down by 50%).

DOSing hardware-- LOL- yeah I guess that's what it would be..

Well hopefully Logitech will help.. I am not holding my breath though.. they are cool guys but not sure if they will help.
Quote from BWX232 :DOSing hardware-- LOL- yeah I guess that's what it would be..

Well hopefully Logitech will help.. I am not holding my breath though.. they are cool guys but not sure if they will help.

Got an answer... I think if he knew it were possible he'd help...
Quote :
I don't think the LEDs are controllable through the host, unlike with the other wheels... sorry :/

DOS attack those LEDS!! LOL.... just try it! Maybe a "reasonable" DOS attack? Just for a test? I dunno- it's all my beady brain could think of.

Would have been a funny experiment anyway.
Quote from BWX232 :DOS attack those LEDS!! LOL.... just try it! Maybe a "reasonable" DOS attack? Just for a test? I dunno- it's all my beady brain could think of.

Would have been a funny experiment anyway.

Well, it seems that's one of 2 options we have left... The other being a firmware update since it's not the drivers controlling the leds...

Quote :
Thanks for the info about *our* firmware I know that none of my driver code writes out LED commands, so it must be the firmware itself then. The way it worked in older wheels (pre-DFP era) is the the host told the wheel, "take your hands off the LEDs, I'll control them now", and from that point on, the firmware would not change the state no matter what it thought. However, this does not seem to apply to the DFP which imposes its own will onto the LEDs, even if the host has told it to do something else.

Interesting concept to have "additional" LED output for various different events. It would be quite simple to make an LED-only device, or maybe one with a few extra buttons...

Wow that's cool- maybe if they do help you out with the firmware thing.. you can figure out a way to hack the wheel to overdrive the motor for faster top speed! Maybe even lessen the torque to make up for it so it doesn't burn up the electronics.. Who knows if that stuff is controllable through firmware or if it is strictly hardware..

Anyway that's O/T.... but in a way not really because if you guys find stuff out about changing low level things like that, maybe you can also tweak other parameters! Very exiting actually.
A small video of the working Momo leds ,

http://media.putfile.com/MOMO_leds

What a great addon , i will use it for Low Fuel, not like the video for de RPM. Just fun to use.....
Quote from Natnek :A small video of the working Momo leds ,

http://media.putfile.com/MOMO_leds

What a great addon , i will use it for Low Fuel, not like the video for de RPM. Just fun to use.....

That video doesn't work- just says "connecting" and then that damn site hangs IE.. when you try to shut the window it crashes all IE windows.
Works fine, but I use firefox. But the video ain't that great, it's almost the same as the previous ones... showing how the leds work. Just in a different matter. But always nice to have another addition
Yeah I tried it again and it froze IE6 until it finally connected (about 2 minutes).. I just waited for it to connect.. I dunno why that site sometimes locks up IE.. it has happened before.

Anyway, yeah I like the way that works.. very cool.. seems like Logitech could pretty cheaply put a bunch more LEDs on there for this exact reason.
Quote from BWX232 :Yeah I tried it again and it froze IE6 until it finally connected (about 2 minutes).. I just waited for it to connect.. I dunno why that site sometimes locks up IE.. it has happened before.

Anyway, yeah I like the way that works.. very cool.. seems like Logitech could pretty cheaply put a bunch more LEDs on there for this exact reason.

Actually, logitech is saying it's not doing that for precisely that reason
It's pretty cheap, so you can do it yourself.
would use it if i could figure out how it works.. but besides that, thats whats not really bothering me, it shatters my fps by about 20 fps
Quote from TagForce :Actually, logitech is saying it's not doing that for precisely that reason
It's pretty cheap, so you can do it yourself.

Put more LEDs on the steering wheel is easy? I don't think so.. Not without tearing up the wheel.
Quote from BWX232 :Put more LEDs on the steering wheel is easy? I don't think so.. Not without tearing up the wheel.

That's prolly another reason... People do this themselves, mess up their wheel, and buy another one.
too bad I can't figure out why it's not working with correct HID device ID... do you need any more info kegetys to let it work on Logitech Formula Force (with ff). I can't imagine it's not working cos it's using same drivers as Momo.
Attached images
lfs-momokeys.gif
Quote from wheeler :too bad I can't figure out why it's not working with correct HID device ID... do you need any more info kegetys to let it work on Logitech Formula Force (with ff). I can't imagine it's not working cos it's using same drivers as Momo.

Odd that it doesn't find the device at all... Try running this, it should list all HID devices it finds with their device ID's etc.
it says: Init HID...HID GUID: 4D1E55B2
And nothing else? That's really odd, it would mean it gets stuck somewhere while going through the devices (It should at least say 'done.' at the end)... I have no idea what might be causing that though
Tonight I will try it again, maybe I install other drivers as well.
Great Great tool Kegetys I tried and works ok

A question: Its possible to transfer information between LFS an a PDA in real time ? (palm OS or windows mobile)

Thanks for you works (pitspotter, rbr dll...)
Kegetys, I got this now:

Init HID...HID GUID: 4D1E55B2
Device 0: VendorID: 0x046D (1133), DeviceID: 0xC291 (49809), Version 0x1
done.

I tried different things but it seems it has same problem as DFP: the leds won't go off.

MOMO LEDs
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG