The online racing simulator
MOMO LEDs
(202 posts, started )
Very good, thanks! Works with Red MOMO.
The Logitech Wingman Formula Force does indeed have 2 LEDs. Just like the Momo Force. It is the old red one. Not the GP or EX version. Take a look at this picture.

Would be cool it that would work with the DFP
#29 - Vain
Absolutely great.

Vain
Just to confirm, it does NOT work on DFP. Every setting just makes the leds blimp off for just a millisecond with no really meaning to it, just makes it look like it has some power shortige. I hope someone comes up with a program to make it work on the dfp, it must be possible, because the lights do blink a little with no effect to the working of the wheel (as far as I can notice). I tried the light on and off mode to be sure, but it just kept doing the same thing.
I updated it a bit to version 1.1, you can now have two actions for each LED with logical XOR/OR operations. (So, for example you can have one LED work as a shift light and make it flash when the speed limiter is on). There's also a new actions for flashing low fuel light and a flashing shift light.
it works
#33 - neRu
Ketegy - it cant find my Wingman Formula Force, which controller ID do i have to use? I can take screenies of things you want me to.
EXCELLENT WORK once again Kegetys. 1.1 is even better now.

I was going to suggest something like duel usage of 1 LED but you've beat me to it.
Really liking this mod. Can't wait what you'll do next whether it's another version of this or something else they're just brilliant.
Keep up the good work mate
Isn't there really anyone with programming skills or whatever, that has acces to a DFP that can make this for this wheel too?

It gives me pain to my heart seeing everyone (lotta people that is) is enjoying my idea except myself
Quote from sgt.flippy :Isn't there really anyone with programming skills or whatever, that has acces to a DFP that can make this for this wheel too?

It gives me pain to my heart seeing everyone (lotta people that is) is enjoying my idea except myself

yeah dfp support would be nice
Quote from neRu :Ketegy - it cant find my Wingman Formula Force, which controller ID do i have to use? I can take screenies of things you want me to.

The DeviceID can be found in Windows XP from the device manager, the wheel should be under Human Interface Devices. In the properties go to the details page and in some of the properties it says something like VID_XXXX PID_XXXX, the VID is the manufacturer ID (0x046D is Logitech) and the PID is the device ID. Then just convert the hexadecimal value into decimal with windows calculator for example. Note however that I have no idea if it will work with that wheel anyway.

For DFP the best bet might be for someone to ask the Wingman team if there is some HID command to disable the internal LED control from the wheel or the driver, which would be my best bet on why it doesn't work with it (It appears the command does turn the led on/off but the wheel will just immediately put it back to what it was)...
Quote from Micron88 :yeah dfp support would be nice

yep... would be good finally get some use of those leds.

someone make pleaase pleaase

- I will use it for upshifting rpm thingie.

..would be soo coool.
- and then maybe replace the green leds with red types.
Works perfect on my MOMO, would be nice to have it in a package so it starts up and can mnimise to the taskbar, rather than a DOS window...

But thanks for the util!!!
You can make a little batch file, it will open anything for you that you put in it, and it's not that hard to do. I used to have it for GTA, so it could start weather mod, GTA itself and Steering controllers.
It's primitive, but it does everything you need Google for it, you'll find it if you look right.
WONDERFUL
#43 - Jakg
Quote from sgt.flippy :You can make a little batch file, it will open anything for you that you put in it, and it's not that hard to do. I used to have it for GTA, so it could start weather mod, GTA itself and Steering controllers.
It's primitive, but it does everything you need Google for it, you'll find it if you look right.

erm, help! i googled, but it didnt work!
#44 - Jakg
well, the " marks were screwing things up, but the file path to lfs is G:\Live For Speed\Actual Program\Live For Speed\LFS.exe , yet when i put this in it has a problem with the spaces. What should i do?
try this:
@echo off
start LFSmomoLeds.exe
start LFS.exe
Exit

Kegetys, I've found (i think) the right number. Is this what I have to find?
Quote :USB\VID_046D&PID_C298\5&36469A40&0&2

And the ID would be C298\5&36469A40&0&2 ?
Supreme!
Wonderfull MOD! Best, i think!

One moment: is it possible to count level of fuel by laps? I mean, is it possible to get consumption of fuel?
[%_of_fuel_left] / [consumption] = [laps_left] it is more usefull parameter then simple [%_of_fuel_left].

Anyway, thanks a lot!
It can be great to insert this mod into final S2 code!
Quote from hrtburnout :Kegetys, I've found (i think) the right number. Is this what I have to find?

And the ID would be C298\5&36469A40&0&2 ?

No, only the C298. So that makes 49816.
USB\VID_046D&PID_C298\5&36469A40&0&2 thats the number.

start the calculator and look @ the attachment.
Attached images
PID.JPG
Quote from Micron88 :try this:
@echo off
start LFSmomoLeds.exe
start LFS.exe
Exit

Doesn't solve the problem of LFS minimising and need to open it again. Doesn't bother me tho, I now use the batch to start profiler, minimised, set lfs for high priority, that's all I need.

If you have the problem of spacing in your path name, just do this:

start "Live For speed" "Path"

The first brackets give it a name (so it doesn't confuse the name with the path, better give it a name, isn't important), then you enter the path also between brackets, and that should fix that problem.

MOMO LEDs
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG