The online racing simulator
Quote from BlueFlame :How was that a good deal? You lost out on 5€.

yeah but it's a used license with a registered name (you can'T change?)
Nope, it worked... The new owner just have to use a new player-profile with my "login-data" ...

Quote from BlueFlame :How was that a good deal? You lost out on 5€.

Actually I lost more, but now I´m sure that Nk isn´t "my game". Had a good fun for 4 weeks
Well. It's a buggy mess. No surprise there. It is the first beta. Report all those bugs people!
Great. Runs horribly on my 3Ghz Quad core with a 3850. It actually seems to be limited programatically since it's rock solid at 31FPS regardless of settings and resolution (No, I don't have vsync enabled). Why he would do that is anybody's guess. Trying to emulate the Xbox racing experience in all its 30FPS glory perhaps? Serious regression though, whatever it is.

The tire squeal is completely crazy. If you even think about braking, the tires scream bloody murder. The wheels don't seem to lock up, but the squeal is deafening. Impossible to know where the limit is when they're like that.

In summary, I did one lap and that was enough for me.
Quote from wien :Great. Runs horribly on my 3Ghz Quad core with a 3850. It actually seems to be limited programatically since it's rock solid at 31FPS regardless of settings and resolution (No, I don't have vsync enabled). Why he would do that is anybody's guess. Trying to emulate the Xbox racing experience in all its 30FPS glory perhaps? Serious regression though, whatever it is.

The tire squeal is completely crazy. If you even think about braking, the tires scream bloody murder. The wheels don't seem to lock up, but the squeal is deafening. Impossible to know where the limit is when they're like that.

In summary, I did one lap and that was enough for me.

However, the bright side...

Kunos is doing SOMETHING at least.
Couldn't try it sound problem, something directx.dll was farked, but the interface was horrible. Seems that it's just got a whole lot worse from old Kunos
You need to install the DirectX Web Install. He uses XAudio2, and even me with Windows 7 and DX11... was missing it and needed it installed.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :You need to install the DirectX Web Install. He uses XAudio2, and even me with Windows 7 and DX11... was missing it and needed it installed.

Aha
I also don't find the interface to be too terrible. The initial "Create Driver" screen was ****ed, but the actual menu... It is at least an attempt to produce something a bit usable. A lot better than the old way that confused the **** out of me. Sad part is that it is still only a wrapper/setup to the actual game executable, which makes it take a bit longer to start up where he could be caching stuff that will be used regardless (shared textures) to shorten loading even a little bit.
Quote from wien :Great. Runs horribly on my 3Ghz Quad core with a 3850. It actually seems to be limited programatically since it's rock solid at 31FPS regardless of settings and resolution

Update your graphics card driver. Quite a few of us had this problem with the 1.04 beta we got to test. Updating the drivers sorted it. I'm getting 120-150 FPS on a prehistoric rig. It runs beautifully.
I know it's a shameless request, but could someone post a screeny of the new interface? (@work right now)
Had a quick go with it last night...

The interface is still a joke, but now more stylish. It's far from being what I call easy and fast to use. Setting up a wheel seems to be at least working now without having to fiddle with the logi-profiler, but they way you config the wheel is somewhat of a joke. (turn wheel and click next, center it and click next, move throttle and click next, 100% throttle and click next and that just keeps going.) why not take the windows calibration (like lfs does).

It's just jumping from menu to menu to click one thing and ending up in the next menu... this is just stupid.
And some stuff is still not there where you'd expect it. To change the FF setting (which you can global) you have to enter a session -> car setup -> view (???) and change it.

Couldn't try the multiplayer, 0/0 Servers for demo...
as far as i know iRacing is worse...

the same + turn the wheel 90° and 180° and endless more
I'm not a big fan of open wheelers so I've not been paying much attention to nkp. Does the Abarth mean that there will be more tin tops coming to the sim? Also wasn't there a prototype of some sort planned at one time?
Quote from The Moose :Update your graphics card driver. Quite a few of us had this problem with the 1.04 beta we got to test. Updating the drivers sorted it. I'm getting 120-150 FPS on a prehistoric rig. It runs beautifully.

Already using the latest drivers. I guess I could downgrade to some older ones, but to be honest I can't be bothered. An older version of Netkar (1.02 I think) runs fine with 250+ FPS and so does everything else I care about. Obviously something is wrong with the 1.1 beta.
Quote from wien :Already using the latest drivers. I guess I could downgrade to some older ones, but to be honest I can't be bothered. An older version of Netkar (1.02 I think) runs fine with 250+ FPS and so does everything else I care about. Obviously something is wrong with the 1.1 beta.

Well report it then
I spent the whole afternoon pressing the bug reporting button. There's no way to start the FF1600 in the full version, no dirt builds up on the visor, you can't change the aim-led's any more, there's no way to set the replay-length, the FF2000 tires feel like solid rubber, the FFB seems to be messed up and feels artificial.....etc...etc....and the worst part is: the collision-detection is as inaccurate and unpredictable as in 1.03
Quote from Hoshimodo :I spent the whole afternoon pressing the bug reporting button. There's no way to start the FF1600 in the full version, no dirt builds up on the visor, you can't change the aim-led's any more, there's no way to set the replay-length, the FF2000 tires feel like solid rubber, the FFB seems to be messed up and feels artificial.....etc...etc....and the worst part is: the collision-detection is as inaccurate and unpredictable as in 1.03

Yup..reported all of those yesterday, except i didn't notice there was no dirt build up.

Please have a moan about the collision detection in the bugs thread at RSC
http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=337260
Moose, you're a really great guy, but please.... stop supporting NkP like there's still hope because it ruins your rep. It's a bad game, I think maybe I should sell MY account cos the game just..... doesn't even feel that good physically, the people cant race online and the games old interface and even the new one is just stupid.

Laggy, buggy, too hard to get going without relentlessly asking for help (and these questions for help seem like real n00b questions) but the fact is these questions on other games because most games are so easy to use and these questions aren't asked.
Quote from BlueFlame :Moose, you're a really great guy, but please.... stop supporting NkP like there's still hope because it ruins your rep. It's a bad game, I think maybe I should sell MY account cos the game just..... doesn't even feel that good physically, the people cant race online and the games old interface and even the new one is just stupid.

Laggy, buggy, too hard to get going without relentlessly asking for help (and these questions for help seem like real n00b questions) but the fact is these questions on other games because most games are so easy to use and these questions aren't asked.

That's odd. I find NKP to be leagues ahead of LFS in terms of feel, the physics seem very believable to me and NKP worked for me straight out of the box I had no problem setting it up and I have no problem racing online. Really... click a server in the server list and hit "join". How is that any different from LFS (or any other racing sim)?

As for laggy and buggy, I agree that nkp's netcode is its weakest point, but not so much that it's impossible to race online. I'm currently running in the F1600 series on Race2Play and it's been great fun, even though I did have some sort of "phantom" collision in the last race, caused by someone's bad connection.
Quote from BlueFlame :Moose, you're a really great guy, but please.... stop supporting NkP like there's still hope because it ruins your rep. It's a bad game, I think maybe I should sell MY account cos the game just..... doesn't even feel that good physically, the people cant race online and the games old interface and even the new one is just stupid.

Disagree, NkP has the potential to be a very good racing sim, and yes while it is buggy as hell, show me a sim that ain't. The trye physics of NkP is it's strongest point and I think improved in this beta version. I can fell instantly through my wheel when I'm scrubbing of speed through understeer and limits of the trye.
Quote from obsolum :That's odd. I find NKP to be leagues ahead of LFS in terms of feel, the physics seem very believable to me and NKP worked for me straight out of the box I had no problem setting it up and I have no problem racing online. Really... click a server in the server list and hit "join". How is that any different from LFS (or any other racing sim)?

As for laggy and buggy, I agree that nkp's netcode is its weakest point, but not so much that it's impossible to race online. I'm currently running in the F1600 series on Race2Play and it's been great fun, even though I did have some sort of "phantom" collision in the last race, caused by someone's bad connection.

Ok, maybe I exaggerated about the physics, but I don't know, it just doesn't immerse me as much as rfactor, regarding the physics, you can say what you want about rfactor, but download a decent mod with good physics and decent moddelling and sound pack, and you feel like you're there, rfactor is a better game in general BECAUSE of the immersiveness, you really don't care if the physics are bad because you feel like you're there. On the other hand, LFS is probobly less immersive than nkp but LFS is just an all round easier game to play "out of the box."
The fact that netKar is one of the very few sims for the hardcore crowd justifies a little support or a tiny bug report, don't you think?

edit: arghh posted too late :-)
Quote from Hoshimodo :The fact that netKar is one of the very few sims for the hardcore crowd justifies a little support or a tiny bug report, don't you think?

I guess, but why did he bring out a whole new version, and why the **** am I posting LOL, I've not even tried the new version yet. :P
Quote from BlueFlame :Ok, maybe I exaggerated about the physics, but I don't know, it just doesn't immerse me as much as rfactor, regarding the physics, you can say what you want about rfactor, but download a decent mod with good physics and decent moddelling and sound pack, and you feel like you're there, rfactor is a better game in general BECAUSE of the immersiveness, you really don't care if the physics are bad because you feel like you're there. On the other hand, LFS is probobly less immersive than nkp but LFS is just an all round easier game to play "out of the box."

You're quite right, actually. I agree with you 100%. I absolutely love the HistorX mod for rFactor; it really feels like you're driving those legendary beasts and it gives me such a kick racing those cars closely to the limit with other people... it's something that I've never experienced in LFS. What kills it for me, though, is the lack of online racing to be found for that particular mod.

And you're right about LFS being an alround easier game to play; that's easily its strongest point.

But ehm... yeah... nKP... it's definitely not a bad sim It's a bit more "hardcore" as Hoshimodo put it. Takes a bit of effort to really get into it but can be fun and exciting if you get the right people together on a server. It's definitely still a WIP.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG