The online racing simulator
Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
Quote from Furiously-Fast :The visuals look awesome, but the framerate seems low. I hope that is just the video.

If they include alot of rally cars, then it could seem like an interesting rally game!

its just the vid, low fps here to
#78 - 5haz
T'is because hes using a console game controller, which fails for driving.
+ why on earth is everyone looking for the phisics? the devs even sayed it ll be more arcade then the last dirt...
Quote from John5200 :+ why on earth is everyone looking for the phisics? the devs even sayed it ll be more arcade then the last dirt...

Where?
Quote from John5200 :+ why on earth is everyone looking for the phisics? the devs even sayed it ll be more arcade then the last dirt...

WAT
U serial?
the devs havent said that, they've said it will be better handling than the last one and that the cars will be more weighty
lol so Ken Block will be their cover man?
blen kock seems to be quite popular these days
Now check this new pic out:

As usual, the screenshot is eye candy. But that car at the far left looks unoticable. Probably a rally car in RallyX form. Does anyone think it is a..... RS200?
Yes, it is an RS200 but the front lights are covered and replaced by 2 stickers
Quote from batteryy :the graphics are great, but that guy does not know how rally is driven with a 4WD or the physics suck making it impossible to drive well

You can see the way the front wheels flick from lock to lock that he's using a pad, which is one of the reasons the car's behaviour is a bit sucky.
Lol cmr?
how the f**k did they ended up with Colin Mcrae Dirt 2 if all the trailers contains that ken blockhead dude who only knows to do donuts around a bloody pole?..morely like Ken Block Rally...
anyways..i hope this will be near good as CMR2 or CMR4
Quote from jvcala2 :how the f**k did they ended up with Colin Mcrae Dirt 2 if all the trailers contains that ken blockhead dude who only knows to do donuts around a bloody pole?..morely like Ken Block Rally...
anyways..i hope this will be near good as CMR2 or CMR4

Ken Block is actually a bloody good rally driver, obviously not to the same standard as Colin Mcrae but isnt exactly around to promote it is he? Ken Block is probably one of the most well known rally drivers around at the moment, so he will appeal to the mass market, and he is leading the push to make rallying more of an extreme sport that appeals to the X-Games generation.
Good news, and bad news:

Good news, n4g has the complete list for DiRT 2 (with screenshots)
http://www.n4g.com/wii/News-372323.aspx

Bad news: 25 cars (and only some are rally cars.)

WTF codemasters, 25 cars in a £40 console game? They better offer alot of dlc for free, otherwise it is going to be a miss.
Quote from Furiously-Fast :
WTF codemasters, 25 cars in a £40 console game? They better offer alot of dlc for free, otherwise it is going to be a miss.

It's going to be a crap arcade game anyway... who are we kidding?
Codemasters are rip off merchants, they know that people are retarded enough to be ripped off and buy the crappy dlc they offer.
I swear I think the original DIRT had more cars than that. At worst, it definetly had more cars that I would actually be interested in driving.
oh dear, cmr has gone far away from rally...most of the cars are some buggys or SUVs nobody likes, only few actual rallycars in there
Well, if they offer 25 different cars with their own uique feel and handling, I see nothing wrong in that. Also, we can cross the fingers that it has something with the damage system to do, that they might did not get so many of the known brands to let them use their car in a game if the damage system is very good.

Again, we know too little, the video's around doesn't give enough deep impression to know how the game is, so before you have actually tried the demo or the game, keep your rage to a minmum
I have not been fan of the latest CMR (wrote NFS first time lol) games, but I will give this a chance before I start going all-out rage on my keyboard.

But I swear, if it turns out (after I have tested it) to be a big bling - bling orgy I'm going to be pretty much pissed off.

Edit : To above post : It's focusing on many aspects of motorsport, but the main different from earlier games is that it seems to go more over to the America Rally, instead of the more known ones. (Well, might not be less known, but sure better drivers than the American ones) . But again, I am curious to see how this turns out.
Quote from The Very End :Well, if they offer 25 different cars with their own uique feel and handling, I see nothing wrong in that. Also, we can cross the fingers that it has something with the damage system to do, that they might did not get so many of the known brands to let them use their car in a game if the damage system is very good.

Again, we know too little, the video's around doesn't give enough deep impression to know how the game is, so before you have actually tried the demo or the game, keep your rage to a minmum
I have not been fan of the latest NFS games, but I will give this a chance before I start going all-out rage on my keyboard.

But I swear, if it turns out (after I have tested it) to be a big drift orgy with bling - bling I'm going be pretty much pissed off.

Edit : To above post : It's focusing on many aspects of motorsport, but the main different from earlier games is that it seems to go more over to the America Rally, instead of the more known ones. (Well, might not be less known, but sure better drivers than the American ones) . But again, I am curious to see how this turns out.

true, thats why i only cmrs i play are 02 and 04
There are either 2 option 2 al the other drivers in American rally suck.
Or ken block is god....

But with Dirt 2 i think it wil atleats be an awsome game(not sim game as in for fu wich some of u seem to forget)
If they are using Ken Block as like the main selling point why not rename the series for him i mean i reckon Colin would be turning in his grave to have another crap game come out under his name.
Thats personally what i think.
I would also like to see the game getting a new name. I am sure that Colin wouldn't mind having a arcade game named after him, but when that game claims to be realistic it better be! I don't understand why they can say "the entertaining rally game" or something other than realistic. I enjoy a lot of arcade games, but none of them claim themself to be realistic.

Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG