The online racing simulator
Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
Hehe I know it's great, and I don't have xbox btw, but either way hehe, 16 cars and that graphics.. not sure on that...
Either way, most likely lisence issues then
Hey guys,

I was just watching the trailer again and paused at 1:21. Just look at the nascar shot from 1:19 to 1:22. If you pause every second, you see that there are about three 24's on the part and three 88's. They are the exact same number (with same paint scheme) just with different colors. And two of the 24's are the exact same color scheme as well! The one that is at the front of the pack and the one that is toward's the rear. So, I have a feeling that gt5 only has a few of the liscenses for the car.

Thanks,
Shashdev
Hopefully they'll make up more skins to fill in those spots not covered by lisenced cars/skins within time til release.
I think I only saw the Impala SS and Camry in the Nascar shot, so they might also be working on getting the other manufacturers in the game.

*Waits to be proven wrong*
I look forward to finding out! Looks like this is going to put Forza to shame with dynamic (possibly realtime) weather, racing at all times of day, more cars and tracks, and the game engine re-built from scratch since GT4. Really itching to get my hands on the finished product!
Quote from Gills4life :and the game engine re-built from scratch since GT4.

Well if it's the same as in GT5p i will be dissapointed, it's really not that exiting while you drive..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well if it's the same as in GT5p i will be dissapointed, it's really not that exiting while you drive..

So will I, but I doubt it will.
I found it entertaining, even if it was not exactly realistic or "right" feel. Probally a game I'm going to buy if I own PS3 at the time it's released.
Oh it was entertaining, but realistically it's just a glorified demo, so not really enough content to keep me busy like LFS has. It was just meant to be a little taster, and it does the job very well.
i just read the ign article . if the game really looks that good it would definitley be a forza killer
yup and hopefully some early 90's sedans.
lol quote from the page:

"I know why Nelson chose GT5P over other sims……….lack of damage"
http://www.virtualr.net/gran-turismo-5-officially-announced/

Cars
1,000 vehicles
170 Premium new models (full interior modeling, the interior corresponds to vehicle damage)
830 standard models (some are from Gran Turismo 4 that have been carried over to GT5) (Cars we have seen in GT4 before)
Tracks
60 tracks confirmed with 20 or more to be revealed
Vehicle Physics
Physics system simulation is brand new
Represented is full fall in vehicles (possibly rollover)
Damage representation (reproduced in full by real-time collision deformation)
Faithfully reproducing the behavior of electric cars, i.e. Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla model
Arcade Mode
Single Race
2 player battle
GT Mode
World Map
My Garage
Car Dealer
Tuning Shop (parts, tires)
Car Washes/Oil Change
Race Championship (Series system, point system)
License Test
Open Lobby
Text / Voice Chat
Private rooms
Online Photo Album
Online Replay Album
YouTube replay output
Photo Mode
Photo Drive (Circuit)
Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)
Gran Turismo TV
Video output to a PSP or PSP Go®
Progressive Download
Improved user interface
Continuous Play for videos
Yep, sounds hugely impressive..

"Brand new physics" brings a smile to my face.. if it's translated corectly..
i still think forza will be better, but we will see.
forza gets a full damage model for every car.
Quote from mutt107 :i still think forza will be better, but we will see.
forza gets a full damage model for every car.

GT will also have full damage model for all cars, PLUS the interior damage for 170 cars.. Bits will fall off, etc...
Forza can have a better physics then LFS and iRacing combined, the fact that i can't play it with a proper wheel is a huge fail, period..
Quote from Boris Lozac :GT will also have full damage model, PLUS the interior damage for 170 cars.. Bits will fall off, etc...
Forza can have a better physics then LFS and iRacing combined, the fact that i can't play it with a proper wheel is a huge fail, period..

the porche wheel.
Quote from mutt107 :the porche wheel.

Does it have FF? And besides, i could find a pink Desert Eagle easier then those Porche wheels..
I think i'll finally have to get a PS3, When i first got the Playstation it was for the Granturismo, then the Playstation 2 was for GT3......anyone got any spare PS3's...
Quote from Gills4life :...
GT Mode
World Map
My Garage
Car Dealer
Tuning Shop (parts, tires)
Car Washes/Oil Change ...

In one review i heard that there will be no parts or tires that u can change, just the setups (just like in lfs?)

Seems like a nice game tho, i wish i had PS3 in this case.
Quote from Bawbag :I think i'll finally have to get a PS3, When i first got the Playstation it was for the Granturismo, then the Playstation 2 was for GT3......anyone got any spare PS3's...

Well now is the perfect time There's a sexy slim model coming out in september, 299$/299euros..
Quote from Boris Lozac :299$/299euros..

I dont remember dollar & euro having the same currency

Anyways, i gotta say that im looking forward to PS3 too now. If PS3 had more stuff like instant messaging software or something similar then i would change it for PC - no doubt.
Quote from hazaky :I dont remember dollar & euro having the same currency

Who said they have the same currency? It's 299$ in US, and 299 euros in Europe, that's it..

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG