The online racing simulator
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :o it looks cool but u missed the smoke in the window lol

if i did the smoke in the window, then it would be opaque...i dont know how to make transparent smoke...the blur tool wont work with that
Smoke?
A question to those who know how to make smoke (preferrably in gimp). How do you make it? I know that is a very big question, but maybe some basics?

I have been working on this pic (for the autocross photomode competition) and tried a little bit of smoke. So far, it looks alright, but I can't get it to look like it is drifting. What is did was put a little bit of airpaint (I think that is what it's called) and then used the smudge feature to spread it. Any suggestions on how to make it better?

Thanks,
Shashdev
Attached images
AutocrossPMC4.jpg
How to make smoke?

Look at thousands of photos of burnouts from cars, and spend hours upon hours and use every brush you can possibly use, I used to be good at smoke but.. then I stopped doing it.
Quote from shashdev :A question to those who know how to make smoke (preferrably in gimp). How do you make it? I know that is a very big question, but maybe some basics?

I have been working on this pic (for the autocross photomode competition) and tried a little bit of smoke. So far, it looks alright, but I can't get it to look like it is drifting. What is did was put a little bit of airpaint (I think that is what it's called) and then used the smudge feature to spread it. Any suggestions on how to make it better?

Thanks,
Shashdev

that looks better than mine...mine sucked...yay XCNUSE diddnt yell at me

EDIT: you need to add counter-steer, and smoke to the background.
Oh, yeah, that picture was never meant to be a drifting picture. I was going more for a burnout type of thing. But, in the end, I realized that a person wouldn't be doing a burnout in the middle of an autocross track.

Thanks,
Shashdev
I'm not sure where to put this. It is edited, just not in PS or so. It's a screenshot from my latest vid that's currently in the making. Screenshot taken directly from VLC, that's why the quality's bad and shows some blur around those cars. :]

Quote from logitekg25 :that looks better than mine...mine sucked...yay XCNUSE diddnt yell at me

EDIT: you need to add counter-steer, and smoke to the background.

Did now, if you want to give it to him, put it up on a photosharing website and PM him, it isn't allowed here.
Quote from logitekg25 :i was about to post the edited picture that i made...but then i looked and saw that it was removed because it was against forum rules...if i post it for him, will i get banned or something? i worked really hard and want to get rated on my really crappy work

send me PM thats will be ok ;]

Sorry admins i didnt know that i cant post with car with mod
i really am loving that green color
-
(batteryy) DELETED by batteryy : didnt notice few pages...
Great edits keitaro and andro

Lynce can't wait for your new fz textures.
i think somebody should make a wikipedia page, or a thread, or some place on the internet for noobs like me to learn how to use gimp/photoshop to the full extent.
im talkin specifically lfs edits, like stuff that would be good with that kinda stuff
That RAC is stuck in my head
Andro really nice, but ypu should have darken behind the window to
Attached images
FZ5 shot.jpg
Quote from floodan :Andro really nice, but ypu should have darken behind the window to

It is darkened behind the window...it is brighter because of the window and the reflection. I just darkened the whole picture together...didn't think that it is wrong, but maybe I should of darken behind the window twice as much, so it would look better. I think about it next time, thanks for the advice.
my """SECOND EVER""" try at editing a lfs screenshot! i think its cool personally

(and i noticed a bit of sh*tty smoke got on the windscreen - didnt notice)

EDIT : Added my 3rd Attempt!!!

EDIT : Added my 4th Attempt!!!
Attached images
DWEDIT01.jpg
Crabo1.jpg
tried my luck at it
Attached images
expirament.jpg

Edited pics
(14118 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG