The online racing simulator
Quote :Final final note: To keep server definition file at reasonable size and to get better overview of all textual items, you may put the IncludeFile key to use. You may create a separate TXT file containing only messages/buttons (by cutting them from main SRV file), link this file to the main one and do all localizations there. That way the messages would not be mingled with filter settings and other values of completely different purpose.

Nice idea But... this only works in the FULL version, right?

But I discovered a problem so far - but it might be a problem wit my hoster instead of an Airio problem:

I already localized the FAQ, Rules and Notes in the CFG file and of course used German characters like: ä,ö,ü and ß. But only in one of these 3 texts these characters work. (Sorry I cannot remember which one) I checked the CFG file again and it was correct there. I also saved the CFG file again and typed !rld to activate it... - no luck here...
Next time I should test the new features by myself before posting.
2.2.8 is now up and running on LR.

Cant wait to get 2.2.9 this into my fingers...
BanUsingAirio should be definitely an improvement for guests and admins.
Quote from JustForFunRacing :Nice idea But... this only works in the FULL version, right?

No, IncludeFile can be used in FREE version too, it allows custom separation of SRV and CFG files (not TCD though).

Quote from JustForFunRacing :But I discovered a problem so far - but it might be a problem wit my hoster instead of an Airio problem:

Yes, I know what's causing this. If you do the update using TCAdmin panel editor, the file is always saved as ANSI, and that is wrong. For correct character display the file needs to be UTF-encoded. Franky of 500servers is currently trying to solve this issue. For now I would suggest you do the editing locally at your PC, making sure the encoding is UTF-8 (Airio default), and upload the file to the site. That way the character conversion will be correct.

Quote from VoiD :2.2.8 is now up and running on LR.

LOL, too late.

Quote from VoiD :Cant wait to get 2.2.9 this into my fingers...
BanUsingAirio should be definitely an improvement for guests and admins.

I'll be sending a link in a short while, would welcome any feedback.
Quote :# FULL: File with CFG items to include at this place - string
# If the defined file exists, its contents would be virtually pasted
# at the place of this directive and fully processed.
IncludeFile=

oh... just thought about this one...
Quote from EQ Worry :LOL, too late.

Well I tried it yesterday but the server was filled with "addicts" from 8:00 in the morning till I went to sleep... With my limited knowledge the last thing I want to do is an onthefly-update. And turning off the lights while people racing isn´t very nice too.

Quote from EQ Worry :
I'll be sending a link in a short while, would welcome any feedback.

Don´t rush...! Feedback..? Of course!
@ JustForFun - Ah, my bad, textual error, IncludeFile is available in the FREE version.

@ VoiD - Understood, I hate updating when the servers are used as well. That's why AirAttack still runs on rather old 2.2.8.
Hi EQ Worry !

How i can filter the !top only for lfs username i want link !topqual of lfslapper ?
Hm, I'm not sure what you mean? Maybe something like filtering e.g. !sb output by a team tag? Ah, I planned to add this, but forgot. I'll see today how the current structure may be updated to accomodate stats output filtering. But maybe you mean something else?
No no, i mean that in my !top i've listed all the ppls that has race in my server but i need that in !top compair only the username who i want.
Do u kwnow !topqual function of lfslapper ? The same.
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999
2.2.9 up and running

BanUsingAirio: Ok, some feedback. Easy to use, I´ll love the !lban feature...

Fiddled arround with a teammate. I tried to ban Beppo (limad2 can´t get a ban): AIRIO stated "username beppo is banned for 1 days" but of course nothing happens. ..OK

Then I unbanned him: AIRIO stated "username beppo is unbanned now" ..OK

But for some reason the unbanned user is still on the !lban-list.

Tried !rld (worked) AIRIO stated "all setup and cfg´s reloaded" and checked again with !lban...no changes, beppo is still on the list.

Ok, so I deleted (t)his entry from Airio.ban.txt:
"Beppo 1247136607 void 2009-07-08 10:50:07 1"

and tried !rld again but: My !rld-cmd is gone now Any ideas?

Tried to reconnect but it´s still gone... !pl is still working but !rld not...

Edit:
Deleted Airio.ban.txt and now !rld works again...!

Found out that ex-limads have to disconnect/reconnect to update their status from limad2 to normal user.. !rld can´t change their status onthefly when they are still connected to server...
Ok, some more: tried it with a teammate (normal user, no limad).

"!ban 3 El_Bitcho" -> AIRIO: "Username El_Bitcho added to the ban list for 3 days..."
Fore some reason he wasn´t kicked from server. He disconnected and joined again. Nothing..still not banned. I kicked him and he rejoined..still no ban

tried "!lban"
El_Bitcho 1247311490 void 2009-07-08 11:24:50 3

tried ""!unban El_Bitcho" -> AIRIO:"Username el_bitcho was not found on the ban list..."

hmmm...

Edit:

WOW... this feature works only with usernames...NOT WITH LFS-licensename ..that´s cool!

Banned user tried to connect on server: "el_bitcho was kicked for being on banlist" ...no info about date, length or when the ban will expire etc...

Ok, this it how it works:
Banning people online: rightclick on Username, no more CTRL+shift needed...!
Unban people: for !unban you still need the license-name, which makes sense ...worked, user is unbanned but still on the list

"!unban El_Bitcho" -> AIRIO:"Username el_bitcho was not found on the ban list..." ..but for some reason he is still listed
Attached images
lban.jpg
Quote :Yes, I know what's causing this. If you do the update using TCAdmin panel editor, the file is always saved as ANSI, and that is wrong. For correct character display the file needs to be UTF-encoded. Franky of 500servers is currently trying to solve this issue. For now I would suggest you do the editing locally at your PC, making sure the encoding is UTF-8 (Airio default), and upload the file to the site. That way the character conversion will be correct.

Ok... my server is with Storm Servers... I edited my files with PSPad in UNIT-8 and when I open them I see ä,ü,ö,ß but not in the game...

Maybe I test it on a local server... I will report...

Ban system only works with Nicknames????? Hmm I can change my nick faster than you can type !ban... I would suggest to make it licence compatible...
Quote from JustForFunRacing :Ban system only works with Nicknames????? Hmm I can change my nick faster than you can type !ban... I would suggest to make it licence compatible...

Banning works like a charm and its much more quicker than open up connectionlist > search for the name > press ctrl+shift -> rightclick > goto search again because someone joined or left the server, etc...

Looks like AIRIO "translates" the nickname into licensed-name for bans. Because you need the account-name for unbans..

Edit:

It´s nearly impossible to ban an offline driver now, maybe after watching a replay the other day.
With 2.2.9 you definitely have to use the nicknames.
We have a problem...I´m too lazy to type all this crazy names like "ÁÑ•yournamehere", "«««xyz©»»»" or "[xy]ÀÈ" by myself...! It´s realy uncomfortable now!
Hmm... I am feeling soo bad

For some reason PSPad was on ANSI.... Changing to UTF-8 did the trick... Even Asian characters work.
Wow, VoiD, thanks a lot for testing! There's a simple stupid bug, very easy to remove and then it would work as expected. The very simple trouble is that now El_Bitcho is someone else than el_bitcho, I forgot case conversion when using the !ban and !unban command, and it resulted in all the strange behaviour you report. Give me an hour, I'll make sure this is corrected.

As for banning using nicknames (changeable) and usernames (registered). Of course usernames are used for banning, there would be no point is a system banning by nickname.

The !ban command expects username (must be entered all lowercase now, but I will correct this). Only when the driver you want to ban is online, you can use his nickname, it will be converted to username. It is not possible to ban offline people by their nicknames, always usernames must be used (again, all lowercase, correction coming soon).

Same for unbanning, always usernames are used (again, use lowercase, correction coming soon). OK, give me a short while, then pls try all the banning again, you'll see (I hope) the reported strage behavior is gone.
No prob, I´m glad that i could helped you. ....and I realy WANT this feature ASAP!

Another question, I can´t find any useable info about the syntax:

Quote :"....adds items into Airio.ban.txt file, stating who is banned, when, for how long, by whom and optionally with reason for the ban."

What exatly I have to do for this...? "!ban # name ...????"
Quote from VoiD :No prob, I´m glad that i could helped you. ....and I realy WANT this feature ASAP!

Update sent, lets see if we'll get closer to the target.

Quote from VoiD :Another question, I can´t find any useable info about the syntax: What exatly I have to do for this...? "!ban # name ...????"

Right, you'll find the command format in !lhelp output, but it looks like this:

!ban [time] name ["reason"]

Time (ban length) and reason are optional, but the time (0 = 12 hours, 1 = one day, just like in LFS) must be before name, not the other way, and the reason must start by ", it is a character separating username from additional text. Example:

!ban 3 el_bitcho "Being a really big mouth"

Sorry, Bitcho.
@ Michele - Uhm, sorry, I do not know what Lapper's !topqual command does. By the look it should display qualification results, but I guess I'm dead wrong here. OK, I'll do some research, hop on to a Lapper server, or you can elaborate, give some example.

@ JustForFun -No problem at all, it is sometimes hard to track the cause of troubles, things double and tripple checked.

@ Unknown -There was a post about one very strange error, something about WebException and wrong state of object, but I can't find the post anymore (or am I simply blind?). I would hope it was some kind of strange system state, I really do not know what could cause it. If it repeats, cause and solution needs to be found...
Quote from EQ Worry :Update sent, lets see if we'll get closer to the target.

Received..waiting for trackchange now (one race left)

"!unban EQ Worry "For realy fast service" ...sorry could not resist

Edit:

It works!

Tried it with a teammate. Online-ban with nickname or username, offline-ban with username and unban (online or offline) with username worked.
Banlist is there and will be emptied when the ban is lifted. Banned user gets the info message with date, lenght and reason...

Nice work, Worry!

No I have to PM Victor to unban grüni from LFS..
I try explain to u what !topqual does.

U have a server and in this server has done some laps 6 users (user1, user2 .... user6).

If u type !top u can see user1, user2 ... user6 and related time.

If in you lfslapper config u have specified a filter like:
filteredname: user1, user4, user5

When u type !topqual u can see only user1, user4 and user5 and related time.

I want to know if i can make work !top in the same way.

Question-

I entered in the licenses for the times and I just cant get it. Anyway I put the percentages and the names its messed up..

Right now it lists the licenses correctly with the times. how ever if you do a !lices the top licenses is listed as 6. and the bottom is 1. IF i switch it around it switches the proper lic with the time

Its easier if you take a look at the server.. world crash league and type !lic and !lices in ...

Also is there a way to label a player, for instance when they check in it say

V3racing-Best player ever

I would like to label our champions and qualifiers with either a color or label

THanks
Quote from VoiD :"!unban EQ Worry "For realy fast service" ...sorry could not resist

LOL, wrong format, unban reasons are not supported. The command would try to remove EQ Worry "For realy fast service" from the list and at that it will fail miserably. I mean it will report there's no such username on the ban list.

Quote from VoiD :It works!

Aaaaahhh, that's good to hear! Airio should capture all online bans, whether you use !ban or /ban command or the admin buttons or priority votes or Airio itself. All such cases will be converted into Airio bans. The only situation Airio cannot catch and convert is using admin /ban command on someone offline, that would result in simple LFS ban.

I'd suggest to request all admins to use only !ban commands, with reasons specified for any longer bans. Still, the offline /ban command can be put to a good use, if you have someone you simply do not want to see connected, even for a split second...

Quote from VoiD :No I have to PM Victor to unban grüni from LFS..

Ouch?

Quote from michele0676 :I try explain to u what !topqual does. ...
filteredname: user1, user4, user5 ... When u type !topqual u can see only user1, user4 and user5 and related time.

So if I understand it correctly, it is in principle filtering the !top output, but not by some filter specified directly, but by a pre-set usernames, right? Now I wonder what usernames you'll put there. Maybe team members, but then it would be simpler use a filtering by team tag, will it not?

Anyway, I'll see what can I do about implementing general filtering of !sb, !tb and other commands by e.g. team tags, then it will be the time to consider using predefined lists, when I see some point in that.
Quote from jvalley201 :I entered in the licenses for the times and I just cant get it. Anyway I put the percentages and the names its messed up... Right now it lists the licenses correctly with the times. how ever if you do a !lices the top licenses is listed as 6. and the bottom is 1. IF i switch it around it switches the proper lic with the time

I jumped in at your server and I believe the licences are working correctly for you. Lowest level is 1, highest may be anything you define, in your case it is 6. The licences are shown from 6th level (best) to 1st level (worst) intentionally.

Quote from jvalley201 :Also is there a way to label a player, for instance when they check in it say... V3racing-Best player ever

Hm, interesting idea, not possible currently. But generally having the option to assign special text to certain usernames sounds cool. I'll put it on my TODO list...
ok thanks thought 1 would be the best etc... no problems

One more question is there a command or function to see how many laps for a most laps ranking. Dont need another command just wondering if this was sorted
Take the lap time licences as stages/phases, you go throught stage 1, then advance to stage 2 etc. Currently there's no command to sort drivers per completed laps.

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG