The online racing simulator
Quote from michele0676 :And why i can't find it with my lfs game in the server list ? Is'it right ?

You're in the same lan, depending on how your home router works it may not show up for technical reasons. Either that or you have filters set incorrectly. Either way, if you are join-able (which you are) then it'll show up for others.
One question. There's soma software that permit to control the server in remote or in another pc where lfs is not installed ?
Because it is not connected to InSim relay.
Quote from Shadowww :Because it is not connected to InSim relay.

Thanks mate, and what i need to set to connect it in InSim ?
Quote from Shadowww :http://www.lfsworld.net/ (you MUST login) > Racers & Hosts online > Tab "Insim Relay"

Yes, i've allready insert e new row there, whith my server ip, insim port (29999) and admin pwd but i can't see it in remote.

I can see it immediately or after some our ?

Thanks for the help.
I think is a problem with the ip.

Can someone check a direct connection to ip 79.19.122.186 ?

the server name i Demolition Park.

I've a problem ...

If i start my server with parameter:
//ipxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
it work and it's visible from lfs hosts, but i can't add it in my insim because there's not an ip.
My external ip is: 79.19.122.186, i've two pc with a router and the pc where lfs start has the ip 192.168.1.20
If i use the parameter
/ip:79.19.122.186 server don't start
but if i use
/ipo:79.19.122.186 it work and it's visible in lfs host.
But when i go in insim to add my ip, the 79.19.122.186, it dead and don't connect !
Why this ?
Quote from the_angry_angel :Check your config on a window box, or a box with an X server. The odds are that there's something wrong with your config and LFS is throwing an error message up, which will create a messagebox (which requires an X server).

I've tried that - config is without any problems. I have no idea what can be the issue. Whatever I do I'm getting an error:

lfs:~$ wine LFS.exe /cfg=setup.cfg
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1008snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.
But if i've some web space with a large band, can i start a server using my web space ?
i too have a server that i have a website running on.
how do i install the lfs server onto the webspace server? i'm pretty sure its running linux, i just log in to it through cpanel
Quote from BigFoot_ :I've tried that - config is without any problems. I have no idea what can be the issue. Whatever I do I'm getting an error:

lfs:~$ wine LFS.exe /cfg=setup.cfg
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1008: (snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

1) wine was compiled with alsa support, but your system's sound-system isn't configured properly (or present at all) ((shouldn't keep it from running))

2) wine wasn't started inside xorg. if you're trying to run the dedicated server without a gui, you need to run it with /dedicated=invisible and prefix the whole command with DISPLAY=:0 (or start xorg, open a terminal and run it from there)

cheers
lol cool!
Thanks! I wished for a while for many other applications, to run a server on mine, but for starters, my IP is dynamic, not to mention it's an 801bg wifi adapter... (192.168.1.Q for the loss lol).... I wont even get into my list of user permissions I set to "deny" lmfao about all I can do is client networks...

Still, all this info has been very useful, for when I do have the network resources to be able to use them, rather then sitting here, twiddling my thumbs... xD just wanted to say thanks for the tips it's greatly appreciated.

<cries>
shakes fist @ sky
</cries>
Hey guys ive tried everything. I had the Ingame servr working fine and people were racing then i shut lfs down and came back to relaunch server but now get client connect error. I didnt change any options either.
How many cars and guests can u run on a demo server
Can you possibly be trying to connect to an S1 or S2 server? This won't work
since you're a demo racer.
How exactly do you run a server? Where are you trying to connect from? Are you behind a router or a firewall?
You don't need to connect using IP and port. Use lobby instead.
I somewhat assume that you are running a dedicated server and trying to connect to it. First, as Shadowww pointed out, there is no need to specify your IP in the server setup. Leave it to "auto".

When you are trying to connect to a server that is running on your own PC, you can try putting "127.0.0.1" into the address bar in the connect screen. Can you run Start>run>cmd>ipconfig /all for us and post the output?

BTW, is there any real reason why you have to use the IP to get on the server? Unless you make the server hidden if will be listed in the lobby. You can protect it by a password if you want to have a private racing session.
Just connect using server name (Join specific game > Server Name > Join)
You are not trying to reach your server using your Hamachi IP, are you?

Have you tried to connect to your server from the PC where the server is running using 127.0.0.1 as the IP in the connect screen?
Quote from krisis32 :How other ppls can connect by not using Server name?

They can't, unless they have cracked the game, which is completely illegal.
Quote from krisis32 :How other ppls can connect by not using Server name?

This has some sense if you are running a LAN server, because LFS does not have a "Local game searcher" so the only way how to connect to a LAN server is entering its IP directly. Connecting to Internet servers can be done only when you know the servers name.

Guide: Running an LFS Server
(666 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG