The online racing simulator
Quote from Fuse5 :lol!

I said it a bit too rudely, didn't mean to :&
Sorry oli A good cam but not really for serious photographing.
But you can always photograph and upload pics, i'll keep my mouth shut.
Try adding some more contrast and it would look great oli.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :I said it a bit too rudely, didn't mean to :&
Sorry oli A good cam but not really for serious photographing.
But you can always photograph and upload pics, i'll keep my mouth shut.

i like them, and that's all that matters i guess. hopefully other people like them as well though
Quote from G!NhO :Try adding some more contrast and it would look great oli.

how do i do that?
In photoshop.
Quote from Blackout :Paint?

Well, here some rubbish from the evening.

Can you name it?

Something that looks like the controls for a doomsday devise.

do you like your D60? i'm just curious, because friend of mine asked me today which camera to choose - D60 or G10 (he doesn't even know what he needs a camera for), but he wanted great picture quality so I said D60
Was shooting for fun at a friend's wedding, and caught this lovely backlighting just before the sun set. DA 55-300mm @ 230mm, f/8, ISO 800:

Here's a wider view:

how's this?

by the way, should i increase the contrast on the actual camera, though doing that just seems to make the picture lighter.

i see what you mean though, it has a much richer (right lingo) tone with higher contrast in photoshop.

below is the before and after.

p.s. DWB love the photos, especially the gold edging on the plant in the first one. where were you at the time?
Attached images
P6280161 (Large).JPG
P6280161 copy (Large).jpg
Quote from majod :do you like your D60? i'm just curious, because friend of mine asked me today which camera to choose - D60 or G10 (he doesn't even know what he needs a camera for), but he wanted great picture quality so I said D60

Well, I can't really say, G10 and D60 are a bit different. Both cost about the same, and I'm sure the G10 is a very good camera. It depends what, where and how is your friend going to take pictures I guess and does he need different lenses. A DSLR is much more fun I guess, but it will scare people, especially adults. Although, D60 is rather small so it's not that bad than the real big boy cameras.

Anyways. Back to my shots, it's indeed a tank, but I was asking what kind of tank?

Second shot is actually the controls of a search light generator.
Quote from Blackout :
Anyways. Back to my shots, it's indeed a tank, but I was asking what kind of tank?

Second shot is actually the controls of a search light generator.

a big one?

where did you take those, an army base?
Bio'z auto, dirty, in the woods. Oh ye!
Attached images
bioauto2.jpg
bioauto.jpg
Quote from Kaw :Bio'z auto, dirty, in the woods. Oh ye!

Nice pics!

Some of mine what i took today..

moree..
Attached images
IMG_2307.JPG
IMG_2319.JPG
IMG_2325.JPG
IMG_2332.JPG
IMG_2384.JPG
IMG_2388.JPG
IMG_2390.JPG
IMG_2397.JPG
IMG_2406.JPG
IMG_2467.JPG
IMG_2523.JPG
IMG_2536.JPG
last ones
Attached images
IMG_2541.JPG
IMG_2705.JPG
IMG_2756.JPG
IMG_2793.JPG
IMG_2835.JPG
IMG_2838.JPG
My Alpha 200 arrived earlier on today, and decided to give it a trial run....and what was supposed to be a 30 mins walk, turned into a 2 hour expedition...battling the evil midges.

Left the settings on the pre set ones, as unsure what does what at the moment...although I did try so manual shots with a varying degree of success.

The end run of my old Cross Country course...which was a killer to be honest.

sure...I obeyed the instructions......

This was my best manual shot. Slowed the shutter speed and got lucky keeping the camerea still enough for the shot.

"and shes's climbing the stairway to heaven"

The River Averon in Alness.

Some type of flower.....I think
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :

This was my best manual shot. Slowed the shutter speed and got lucky keeping the camerea still enough for the shot.

You need a tripod for that.. I once tried and failed without tripod.

First time trying to photograph my eye.. and yeah the red color is photoshooped.

Attached images
IMG_2842 copy22.jpg
Pretty great for a first go with it, Mackie.
Audi
Attached images
Audi.jpg
Quote from Blackout :Well, I can't really say, G10 and D60 are a bit different. Both cost about the same, and I'm sure the G10 is a very good camera. It depends what, where and how is your friend going to take pictures I guess and does he need different lenses. A DSLR is much more fun I guess, but it will scare people, especially adults. Although, D60 is rather small so it's not that bad than the real big boy cameras.

yes, iam experienced in this area, just wanted to know how are you satisfied with image and build quality thanks anyway
I'm looking to buy a decent Tripod for my Canon PowerShot S5 IS, been searching but there are so many of them Max height would like to be about 1.5 - 2m, preferably with a spirit level? Any ideas?
First attempts at some nightshots.. although after coming home and loading them up in Lightroom, realised that the 800 ISO setting had made them quite noisy. Shame the bugs had attacked the windscreen within in a few hours of washing it too.

Starting to understand / get the hang of some of the settings now (I think? C&C welcome). No post-processing.. just changed into sRGB in Photoshop and resized.

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
20090628-DSC_0400.jpg
20090628-DSC_0402.jpg
20090628-DSC_0418.jpg
20090628-DSC_0394.jpg
20090628-DSC_0397.jpg
Quote from Ian.H :First attempts at some nightshots..

Wow, amazing shots. Fits as my background perfectly
Good job!
Quote from Don :Rally Poland
http://rallyphotos.cz/photos/wrcpoland09/

great sharp photos and if you want to reach the top edge of racing photo awesomeness, try putting cars somewhere else than to the middle of each picture...different compositions and may i ask which 70-200 lens did you use?
i watched it on eurosport, was a good rally

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG