The online racing simulator
Quote from oli17 :what about me?

Relax! Some really good photos posted by folk here in the past have never been commented on. It doesn't mean anything, it just means people aren't/weren't around to comment or the moment passed. Just keep posting your best shots!
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :some shots of today.. nothing special

Lighting fires, to take photos of them, can turn out to be expensive. RIP my garden shed..
Quote from morpha :Macro magnification ratio: 1:2 (at f=300mm MFD 0.95m)

Meh.. this annoys me. "Macro" is defined as 1:1 or greater. 1:2 is not macro. I wish companies would stop this misleading labelling!
Quote from morpha :It really just arrived so all I can say so far is that the autofocus is ridiculously slow

I'm afraid Tamron doesn't have what you'd call a noble history of lens manufacture. I'm curious to see the results, to see if they've at least improved on the quality of glass they use.
Quote from SamH :Meh.. this annoys me. "Macro" is defined as 1:1 or greater. 1:2 is not macro. I wish companies would stop this misleading labelling!

I'm afraid Tamron doesn't have what you'd call a noble history of lens manufacture. I'm curious to see the results, to see if they've at least improved on the quality of glass they use.

It's a 120€ lens, don't expect too much
Got two Minolta originals coming though, 70-210 and 100-300.
Methinks you'll be happier with the Minoltas! But I AM curious to see what the Tamron does, so please post samples even if they're not good!
Quote from morpha :It's a 120€ lens, don't expect too much
Got two Minolta originals coming though, 70-210 and 100-300.

jesus, do you work as i hired assassin or something? how can you afford to buy so much stuff!?!?
Quote from oli17 :jesus, do you work as i hired assassin or something? how can you afford to buy so much stuff!?!?

Well they're not that expensive, 63,85€ for the 70-210 and 121,03€ for the 100-300. Ebay

There you go Sam

ISO 3200, no noise reduction:
Attached images
_DSC6806.jpg
_DSC6686.jpg
_DSC6754.jpg
so how much would a decent lens (lense, lens?) and the actual camera be, providing i don't want to break the bank, but want some good photos? (theoretical of course!)

edit: great pics by the way!
Quote from Blackout :Was the wall socket in the picture intentional? Also, I find her shadow somehow distracting, but the cuteness overload on the last one makes all up for it.

Yea i think it was intentional as we were just going out for drinks with mates so it was like a quick im dressed up for once take a photo!

As for the rabbit one that was just on a day where we were walking in the park and there was a bunch of people with their pet rabbits so we asked to play with them and i managed to get that photo not bad for the old 50mm lens
Quote from morpha :There you go Sam

Not NEARLY as bad as it could have been! I'm assuming they're reduced, not cropped? It's a little soft, but not offensive at all!
Quote from oli17 :so how much would a decent lens (lense, lens?) and the actual camera be, providing i don't want to break the bank, but want some good photos? (theoretical of course!)

edit: great pics by the way!

lens, and it depends how good. The really good quality Canon lenses (the L series, professional ones) start at £450 each, and range right up to the price of a brand new car.

I started off with my dad's compact Fuji S304 and took some pretty nifty shots with it, you don't need a good camera to take good photo's.

^^ That was taken on the £50 Fuji compact.

The one below was taken on my phone at the time, which is hilarious - as this picture ended up with me being on tele.

Make: Sony Ericsson
Model: W850i
Shutter Speed: 1/6400 second
F Number: F/2.8
ISO Speed: 160
Date Picture Taken: Apr 5, 2007, 4:05:22 PM
Quote from mcintyrej :The really good quality Canon lenses (the L series, professional ones) start at £450 each, and range right up to the price of a brand new car.

:jawdrop:
Quote from mcintyrej :...this picture ended up with me being on tele.

how'd you end up being on tv? or do you mean telephoto, in which case i don't understand lol.
Quote from oli17 ::jawdrop:

how'd you end up being on tv? or do you mean telephoto, in which case i don't understand lol.

I sent that phone picture in to their weather photo competition when i was like 13, then they emailed me & phoned me and told me they wanted me to judge next month's competition.
In the garden today, waiting for thunderstorms to appear (no-show so far)
Attached images
DSC_5647.jpg
In my room right now, waiting for the thunderstorms to disappear (still here so far):

1/10 hand-held panning. It's not easy.
Attached images
_DSC6874.jpg
_DSC6897.jpg
Quote from mcintyrej :

You know your compact camera is out of date when a Phone camera has more features than it :doh:

or were those settings (in bold) just set automatically by the phone?
ide imagine auto, the noly changable setting ive seen on a camera phone was on my dads old viewty and it was a change able ISO i think
I just took 474 raw photos.. so I'll be uploading lots of pics soonish
HOokay new crap ahoy once again!
Sorry 'bout teh hueg pic dump of random axion stuff.

My agency went on a water skiing trip. She took the biggest hit of the day as I was straddling along in the boat.

Still smilin' nevertheless. I would have fixed the lifejacket double chin that was rampant on that day but I haven't got any form of image editing software on this comp.

Awesome action shots!
High quality fail caption = profit.
Some shots of today again
Attached images
IMG_1667.JPG
IMG_1635.JPG
IMG_1582.JPG
IMG_1425.JPG
IMG_1240.JPG
IMG_1545.JPG
IMG_1538.JPG
IMG_1675.JPG
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_1074.JPG
IMG_1619.JPG
Nice shot of the dirt bike going over the hill.

Just done my first paid photoshoot this morning - portrait shots of a very cute, photogenic 6 year old boy as his mother wants to put him into child modelling. Obviously I can't post them here, but I've discovered that it's satisfying to take good portraits, on demand. And the resulting beer money isn't bad either.
Uuuh, yes, obviously. I'm not going to start putting pictures of 6 year olds on the internet without the permission of their parents who in this case are my clients/customers.
Quote from STROBE :Uuuh, yes, obviously. I'm not going to start putting pictures of 6 year olds on the internet without the permission of their parents who in this case are my clients/customers.

i'm still not following ya...
Quote from STROBE :Uuuh, yes, obviously. I'm not going to start putting pictures of 6 year olds on the internet without the permission of their parents who in this case are my clients/customers.

Ah, I see your point now. I forgot that babies and kids are kept locked in a safe 24/7 nowadays. Carry on!

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG