The online racing simulator
I was looking yesterday at the York Railway Museum website. I haven't been there for a long time. Ever been there Mr H?
I lost count of the number of times I went to the York Railway Museum. A lot, shall we say Though I haven't been for about 30 years, now. There's no live steam (or there wasn't last time I was there.. dunno if it's changed) and the engines were scrubbed up and clean.

I'm a live steam fan, so while it's great to see the engines up close, it doesn't get my heart beating like it does when they're pounding past me, feet away
Quote from SamH :I lost count of the number of times I went to the York Railway Museum. A lot, shall we say Though I haven't been for about 30 years, now. There's no live steam (or there wasn't last time I was there.. dunno if it's changed) and the engines were scrubbed up and clean.

I'm a live steam fan, so while it's great to see the engines up close, it doesn't get my heart beating like it does when they're pounding past me, feet away

i share the spirit, steam vehicles whatever they are were made to work, a steam train/traction engine etc covered in oil and soot etc and working is more beautiful that one sat there polished up, and you dont get the smell.

lol im really starting to sound like a steam nut now lol
Quote from SamH :I lost count of the number of times I went to the York Railway Museum. A lot, shall we say Though I haven't been for about 30 years, now. There's no live steam (or there wasn't last time I was there.. dunno if it's changed) and the engines were scrubbed up and clean.

yeah, I hear ya... there's a steam engine place not far from me in Ripley, Derbyshire. The sound of the whistle gives me goose bumps!

http://www.midlandrailwaycentre.co.uk/

well we 'used' to have a historic narrow gauge railway in our town that used to sercive the paper mills that is the whole reason for this towns existance but because a piece of track was on land someone wanted for a housing development it was closed down a couple of month ago not long after one of the papermills(near my house)

and as you can probably tell, im not happy about it
Quote from morpha :
Can't show you much of what it looks like though, there're people on those of whom I don't have permission to publish

Not a real photographer then. A real photographer has no respect for others and would state, "It's my right to take and display photos of anyone I care to..." .
Quote from james12s :well we 'used' to have a historic narrow gauge railway in our town that used to sercive the paper mills that is the whole reason for this towns existance but because a piece of track was on land someone wanted for a housing development it was closed down a couple of month ago not long after one of the papermills(near my house)

and as you can probably tell, im not happy about it

That is a shame They should have built the houses around it, and made the narrow gauge into a feature! Could even have extended the line to make it a commuter line to the shops and back, for OAPs. Property developers have no vision outside of Disneyland
Quote from mrodgers :Not a real photographer then. A real photographer has no respect for others and would state, "It's my right to take and display photos of anyone I care to..." .

http://www.sirimo.co.uk/2009/0 ... -photographers-rights-v2/

[edit] Copy attached..
Attached files
ukphotographersrights-v2.pdf - 167.8 KB - 301 views
that was what i said sam
Yay, i'm not the only steam nerd! Every year i go to somerset with my grandparents, and every year i go on the west somerset railway with gramps, and every year i take too many photos! Maybe i'll post some when i get back (go in the summer hols, july some time i think). For now, here are some shots from my holiday in italy, taken on my brand new olympus tough 8000! (although the first one isn't in Italy!) Be nice!

p.s. Sam H, is that the Severn Valley Railway? (I'm not so good with the geography :razz

EDIT: the photos aren't uploading...can anyone tell me why not?
they may be too large, in the attachment upload screen there is a list of imges sizes, for jpeg there isnt a pixel limit but there is a size limit
Quote from james12s :they may be too large, in the attachment upload screen there is a list of imges sizes, for jpeg there isnt a pixel limit but there is a size limit

thanks. so how do i change the image size without killing the quality?
Quote from oli17 :p.s. Sam H, is that the Severn Valley Railway? (I'm not so good with the geography :razz

Nahh.. small one, Keighley & Worth Valley.. Yorkshire
Quote from oli17 :thanks. so how do i change the image size without killing the quality?

i use office picture manager, seems to do the job well
right, thanks james, all done!

also, one more thing. i tried to upload a video to youtube from the camera, and this came up:
Attached images
P6170004 (Large).JPG
P6190060 (Large).JPG
P6200069 (Large).JPG
P6200079 (Large).JPG
P6210094.JPG
P6210090 (Large).JPG
P6210109.JPG
P6210093 (Large).JPG
P6210083 (Large).JPG
Two random shots
Attached images
IMG_0836.JPG
IMG_0821.JPG
lovely panning on the car one
I found this old pic taken with G9
Attached images
IMG_3000ccc.jpg
Nice abstract shot!
what about me?
two piccies of my friends 65' Oldsmobile Cutlass ( Only one in Denmark, from 65' that is! )
Attached images
cut.jpg
cutlass3.jpg
ss 029s.jpg
well its being ages since i being on here...... being moving house and country and so on so its a bit hectic and i have not really taken many snaps after my camera had a little accident

I don't think i can use my old hot shoe flash anymore! o well when i get home ill send that to canon to be replaced.

And just a few tips ive found out when using my camera of late couple of months.

1st. do you find sometimes on like a newer canon that the flash is a little to bright at times. well never fear i came up with a drunken idea!

i used a makeup remover paper thingo and stuck it over my flash just one of them things that girls use to put there makup remover on most guys with gfs will know what im on about, i used medical tape from a first aid kit to put it on so it comes off easy and dont leave any marks, anyway this worked out really well for me. now i dont have any over exposed night snaps.

2nd tip most people know this, when going out take another camera lol or end up like me and just bashing it a little on somthing and bending that hot shoe flash. i feel a little ashamed off it but all i need to do is take the hot shoe part out so i dont damage the body and then bend it all back. ill post a macro of the damage tommorow.

3rd tip well most people know about these but i wanted to tell people what i think of it. them single legged stands are great! i got a good spring loaded one with a extendable spike for stabillity in dirt and its just great! you can leave it attached to ur cam and use it as a walking stick or so on anyway i recomend them alot!.

Anyway two photos that i have taken lately, and an old fav of mine some might remember that ive being playing with in PS for ages with technics and so on getting it how i want it anyway its my final of it,

Enjoy
Was the wall socket in the picture intentional? Also, I find her shadow somehow distracting, but the cuteness overload on the last one makes all up for it.

He is some crap with lots of blue skies and waters from yesterday. All with CPL-filter. Really useful, if only the focusing ring wouldn't rotate on my lens.

Sail of a great vessel.

The vessel and the captain.
Love the ripples on the top shot. Yup, CPLs are great for water and blue skies. Never take mine off on a bright sunny day.

A bit like the day these were taken - nothing original, just some scenes from Whitby.

some shots of today.. nothing special
Attached images
IMG_0968.JPG
IMG_0973.JPG
IMG_0962.JPG
IMG_1021.JPG
Today will be a fun day, this arrived a few minutes ago

Minimum Aperture: f/32
Minimum focus distance: 59in.(1.5m) in normal setting/ 37.4" (0.95m) in macro mode (f=180mm-300mm range)
Macro magnification ratio: 1:2 (at f=300mm MFD 0.95m)

It really just arrived so all I can say so far is that the autofocus is ridiculously slow

Still need a wide macro lens to replace the 35-105 though with which the shot above was taken. I've noticed a dramatic increase in power consumption due to the blocked aperture diaphragm. I don't want to damage the body, but it's just such a nice lens
Attached images
_DSC6780.jpg

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG