The online racing simulator
Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
Quote from Blackout :(...) but the steering moving like it should would just look ridiculous. Think about how fast and sharply it would move lock to lock when using the pad. It's like LFS with keyboard.

Good point
Looking forward to this ALOT. Definetely going to be buying this along with a fanatec wheel. Then my G25 can gather dust seing as the stupid p.o.s dont work on my xbox!

Im looking forward to a car list being realesed too. Im really hoping there's some more "average" cars like Volvo 240's, Ford sierra cosworth's etc. etc.
that does look very good indeed!
I've always hated the cockpit view in console games because the steering wheel barely moves. I'll stick to bonnet/bumper cam.
The biggest problem I have with cockpit views in recent games is that there's too much emphasis on showing as much of the car as possible, and the actual viewing area is like an afterthought and you can't see enough of the track around you.
GT5 has a pretty good one though, and I imagine this one will be pretty similar.

I don't like bonnet view when using a pad because there's not enough reference points for how the car's behaving.
Quote from Dajmin :The biggest problem I have with cockpit views in recent games is that there's too much emphasis on showing as much of the car as possible, and the actual viewing area is like an afterthought and you can't see enough of the track around you.
GT5 has a pretty good one though, and I imagine this one will be pretty similar.

I don't like bonnet view when using a pad because there's not enough reference points for how the car's behaving.

yeh. you'd need atleast 6 large screens to make the cocpit work properly. 2 on each side, and two on front. that way the upper ones could show the actual viewing and the upper part of cockpit and the lower would show all the little nice buttons and gauges+ other stuff
This might be a reason to actualy not sel my xbox it looks promising
is this will be avialible for PC's?
Quote from trebor901 :no its only on Xbox 360

Sorry I was talking about GT5 and Forza 3.

Should have said in my post
Quote from JJ72 :still doesn't look as good as GT5.

yeah even the the prologue of gt5 is better than what we get to see in the Videos of forza3. But still forza shouldn´t also be that bad.

For the forza fans here is an ingame video of the hil track.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7975_en.html
GT5 Prologue sucks, since when can you drift an F1 car? they drift as a normal car would.
Quote from funRacer[83] :yeah even the the prologue of gt5 is better than what we get to see in the Videos of forza3. But still forza shouldn´t also be that bad.

For the forza fans here is an ingame video of the hil track.

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7975_en.html

oh crap, not another one of those games where steering wheel isnt turning much:banghead: altrought the game seems quite nice. the steering wheel is the only downside in my option
Quote from Exile R :http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/movie/d3284.html

they kinda blew it back up in forzas face didnt they?

far from it imo, Forza 3 announcement was alot bigger then a video that doesnt show to much and we dont know if the GT5 trailer is even gameplay or not

we also have a release date for Forza and nothing yet for GT5

Quote from trebor901 :GT5 Prologue sucks, since when can you drift an F1 car? they drift as a normal car would.

drifting is something GT has failed at since number 4, there is a huge flaw in the pysics when it comes to making them slide

sucks that my G25 doesnt work on xbox or i might play forza abit more:P maybe i'll have to buy another wheel when it comes out
Quote from trebor901 :GT5 Prologue sucks, since when can you drift an F1 car? they drift as a normal car would.

mate we are talking about games here and the drift challenge is a bonus in gt5prologue so the cars you use there can drift. That is just for fun, that doesn´t change anything on how good the game is.

If you don´t like the drifting you just don´t have to play it, I for myself am also not a fan of drifting I played grid for example and have finnished the most championships of the game but I didn´t finish even one drift or torgue challenge because I don´t like it.

Saying just because of the bonus drifiting that gt5prologue sucks just tells me you are a stupid fanboy..
I think the biggest problem with the F1 car is that it was an afterthought, added at the end when they got handed the rights to use it. The car looks great, but I'm pretty sure that the forces aren't modelled properly.

I'd rather we stuck to Forza 3 in the Forza 3 topic though. And all we really have to go on so far is speculation over some likely-modified video footage. Until some of us actually play it, we can't say whether it's good, bad or indifferent. I still love Forza 2, so I'm betting that this one will be as good, if not better.
@Dajmin

Yeah sure the f1 isn´t that great compared with LFS for example but that doesn´t make the whole game bad. It is actually great.
----------------------
back to FOrza 3

The Video that I posted is clearly ingame.
Quote from Exile R :http://www.gran-turismo.com/en/movie/d3284.html

they kinda blew it back up in forzas face didnt they?

HOLY F**K!!

Aww, such a shame. I still admit that FM3 was cool for the first day or 2, but now that PD have pulled out their new racing game, the battle for the Car enthusiast's game is pretty one sided. Sorry Turn 10.
I dont get it. How come your getting so excited over a render? I think its safe to say alot of that is not gameplay, if not ALL of it.

I've played GT proglogue, and it was fun for a little while, but i cant deal with the horrid physics, no Anti-Aliasing and that really, REALLY annoying tyre squeal which they have used since GT3 maybe? Sorry, its a good arcade racer, but no sim.
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
Quote from Furiously-Fast :HOLY F**K!!

Aww, such a shame. I still admit that the xbox was cool for the first day or 2, but now that sony have pulled out their new console, the battle for the teh uber console is pretty one sided. Sorry microsoft.

What?? LIES , Nah im kidding, Looks pretty good, pretty similar to all the Gran Turismo trailers, Looks good but i ahve to say I still want Forza 3 more, due to all the modification you can do and paintjobs
Quote from Furiously-Fast :HOLY F**K!!

Aww, such a shame. I still admit that FM3 was cool for the first day or 2, but now that PD have pulled out their new racing game, the battle for the Car enthusiast's game is pretty one sided. Sorry Turn 10.

What?, that's not even in-game. Gran turismo 5 Proshit has pretty gay gameplay.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I dont get it. How come your getting so excited over a render? I think its safe to say alot of that is not gameplay, if not ALL of it.

I've played GT proglogue, and it was fun for a little while, but i cant deal with the horrid physics, no Anti-Aliasing and that really, REALLY annoying tyre squeal which they have used since GT3 maybe? Sorry, its a good arcade racer, but no sim.

Have you driven the standard physics with aids on and gamepad right?

That is on purpose done how it is so you can get a wider audience to play the game.

If you want it more demanding just turn the aids off and use a force feedback wheel and there you go just a fantastic game. I have it now since it was launched in Europa and just like with lfs I have to play it from time to time over and over again even if I have already finished the whole Singelplayer part. You just have to take the great cars for a ride on Suzuka.

GT is just a stunning racing game, there are things that some games do better then gt (like lfs have the best multiplayer off all simulations I have ever played) but still as whole game GT is just unique and one of the best Games ever developed, so the final gt5 will also be great.

But I am really wondering why you people here can´t just discuss about Forza3 in this Forza3 thread without trying to "talk other games bad". Even the first reply on this Thread was about GT.

Is Forza really that boring for some of you that you have to mention GT just so somebody starts to care about Forza?

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG