The online racing simulator
Second Car...
(673 posts, started )
Stop with the "all i can say is..." you damn spammers!

Im pretty sure (in his own way) jack has just stated he would not buy a rio, so discussion over. Lets move on!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Stop with the "all i can say is..." you damn spammers!

Im pretty sure (in his own way) jack has just stated he would not buy a rio, so discussion over. Lets move on!

All i can say is...

Sorry i just had to. And yes i noticed he wouldn't buy the rio...

Too expensive.
Quote from Luke.S :This is the thing i've noticed of the two people i've asked for proof that kias are crap neither have replied.

Because they are. My 1990 4Runner... 4 Cylinder, REAR WHEEL DRIVE / 4 WHEEL DRIVE (:heart, lower geared than anything... Is sportier than any frikkin Kia. I'm sorry that you're so naive to not realize that a Trabant is/was better than a Kia.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :Because they are. My 1990 4Runner... 4 Cylinder, REAR WHEEL DRIVE / 4 WHEEL DRIVE (:heart, lower geared than anything... Is sportier than any frikkin Kia. I'm sorry that you're so naive to not realize that a Trabant is/was better than a Kia.

How is this for a replacement http://search.autotrader.co.uk ... 3&vehicleRegLetter=03

You are best going for a diesel if you want acceleration.
Jack, have you tryed doing an insurance quote on one of these?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/756337.htm

Yes, i know its a civic. There just under 170hp stock, and there great to drive. Think it would suite your needs very well.

On the topic of hondas, one of my cars is an accord 2.0 SE Sport.
Mines been family owneds for 8 years and 90k miles, and i had it off my dad about 4 months ago. Great car. All that has had to be changed in that time, was ONE set of front brake pads, 3-4 sets of tyres and a cruise control lead.

I can get from here to padstow (234 miles) on under 1/2 a tank, so its great on fuel. Mines 170hp as opposed to the standard 145hp, but even the stock ones are good movers. It also has adaptive dampers. When your on the motorway etc. then its nice and smooth. When you start to chuck it round corners, it stiffens up and handles really well. I dont know how the dampers work (Tristan? ) but there great.
Pic 1
Pic 2
Quote from Luke.S :Go buy a PC

Before I get into this... Everyone should know.. he's the person that started it.

GO BUY A MAC.

YOU ARE DUMB ENOUGH TO LIKE KIA'S so it's AMAZING that you can use a PC without infesting it with 1.4*10^14 viruses..

Oh wait, you can't.

He may not have £2k lying around for a car though. The BMW I am looking at can be picked up for £1k which is why I am thinking about buying it and paying the extra £300 to insure it a year, as a 1.2 16v SXI Corsa is £1,700 TPFT and the BMW 316i is £2,070 a year to insure.

Luke, have you even looked at insurance premiums etc for young drivers?
I dont know jacks money situation, and im aware he *might* not have £2k atm, but he said he's not going to be changing his car until next year. So, he may be able to save up enough by that time.

PS, those civic's can be picked up for alot less than £2k. Not bad for a 170hp motor.
I know Audis are brilliant on fuel, but I wouldn't even want to try and get insurance on one of those at 17/18 lol. It would be through the roof.
Jakg, going back to the no power business. Im pretty sure your car doesnt give up at 45 in 3rd. Looking at the powerband, you get max torque at 3,000rpm, that pretty low down so dont see while you'd have a problem. As for gearing, says the top gear ratio (ie 5th) is 1:1 and the final drive is 3.6, so im pretty sure your 3rd gear is good for 60-70 mph. And get that rev counter working! cant be that hard, guessing it isnt the MPi model so is probably still on a dizzy rather then coil packs, so can check either end of the wiring to see what gone wrong.
I have the LXi model - just tried and it seems it gets up to about 60 in 3rd, but it doesn't sound that good :P

Seems that maybe I should just push harder and stop worrying about revving the shit out of it with no RPM gauge.

What an anti-climax...
Providing your engine is healthy, then you should'nt have to worry about it "blowing up" etc. And if you did take the revs too high, then you would know when it hits the limiter (which im guessing it has) or just by listening.
Yeah, would think it would have a limiter at that age. My limiter is when the conrod lets go

The ratios and diff are pretty similar to my capri in some ways (your diff/final ratio is 0.2 shorter and your 5th is the same as my 4th gear) But going back to the topic, 60 is about your limit for 3rd, but its good for a short burst overtaking. (personally if i need to get by QUICK i use 2nd from 40-60, but then my ratio is a touch longer)
Is your engine injection or carbed? Could do a bit of tuning (the better you are at DIY the better) to help it out.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I'd happily take the proton over a kia rio.
The only reason you think kia rio's are so cool and awesome luke, is because your parents own one. And thats a fact! We've all done it.

speak for yourself
the only cars my parents have owned (after i was born) that i liked were small fiats (which generally speaking are great as far as hatchbacks with pathetic little engines go... anyone whod buy a car with an engine smaller than 1.6l that isnt italian (or a japanese kei car) should be shot imho) and the e46 320i which like all i6 bmw is a pretty good car
Small Fiat's are really cool.. TBH I'd be VERY happy with a Panda 100HP... even at 30..
No, the cool Fiat is the 500 Abarth.
Quote from sam93 :No, the cool Fiat is the 500 Abarth.

says you who think's a Lamboghini Diabolicalbo is a fantastic car..........
Quote from S14 DRIFT :says you who think's a Lamboghini Dialbo is a fantastic car..........

I said it's a nice car, not fantastic.
Quote from You :I think though, one of the ultimate cars to have if you can ever afford it, is a Diable
*Diablo*

Quote :******נαмιєєє******* says:
*no it's not.
**********Sam*********** says:
*have to admit, they are LOVELY

no u
Quote from Shotglass :speak for yourself
the only cars my parents have owned (after i was born) that i liked were small fiats (which generally speaking are great as far as hatchbacks with pathetic little engines go... anyone whod buy a car with an engine smaller than 1.6l that isnt italian (or a japanese kei car) should be shot imho) and the e46 320i which like all i6 bmw is a pretty good car

Im talking about when your really young, like 5-10 years old. My dad had his vauxhall back in 1998, so i was only around 6-7 years old. I thought it was really cool, and so did all my mates. Looking back, i realise how stupid it was to like such a car. It was comfortable and pretty nippy for a diesel, but just a horrible GM piece of poo.
If you get a new car you end up with a car that you, or your Dad doesn't really know the history on.

Second Car...
(673 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG