The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
I did that jump at the bottom of the big overpass ramp across the small river at the bottom of the last island today, and managed to smack the car right against the corner of the wall, roof-first and put a dent so big in it you sould see Nico's head, shoulders and arms sticking out the top
I did that jump in a bus. Ok so i landed in the river
Sorry for bumping the thread, but i'm having some trouble here.
I want to know if anyone else is having the same ''jagged edges'' problem.
As you can see in the first picture, i've got everything set high, and at the right resolution.
Yet, as you can see in the other pictures.. i have horrible jagged edges on every single object, except for the HUD.
I was just wondering if everyone else has similar problems, or if it's just a job done badly by Rockstar.
I'm using the latest patch, 1.03.. the other specs are located in my sig.
Attached images
2hexd9u.png
f0yzdl.png
2m2uzdl.png
How much AA are you using in your graphics card settings.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :How much AA are you using in your graphics card settings.

Just no no no.

I dunno about the technical facts and stuff, but the problem with GTA IV is that it uses some kind of rendering system that doesn't support AA.

It doesn't matter how much you have AA or not, because you can't have it in GTA IV.

Thing is, GTA IV will always look utter crap even with everything maxed because of this.

Oh well... at least it's a funny game.
I bought GTA for the pc a little while ago, put the latest patches on etc. After a month I just got fed up with Rockstars crap quality on the pc. Went out and bought it for the 360 again after :/

Nuff said.
could someone post the recommended reqs. for this game. the official site wont load more than to 80% for me.
Minimum System

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 / AMD Athlon64 X2 4600+
Display Card!: NVIDIA GeForce 7900 256MB / ATI Radeon X1900 256MB
Memory: 1536MB
Free Disk Space: 16GB Operating
System: Windows Vista SP1 / Windows XP SP3

Recommended System

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, AMD Phenom X3 2.1Ghz
Video Card: 512MB NVIDIA 8600 / 512MB ATI 3870
Memory: 2 GB (Windows XP) 4 GB (Windows Vista)
Free Disk Space' 18 GB Free Hard Drive Space
System: Windows Vista - SP1 / Windows XP SP3
thanks looks like the pc im looking at is quite good because it can handle this
mm, just got the game, doesnt run very well, guessing its because im running at 1920x1200 res..

my pc specs are

Intel E8400 stock
nVidia 8800GT 512mb OC
4gb 800mhz ram

I dont see why it should run so bad? it runs sometimes well at average of 30 fps, but most of the time its like 15-20 fps, any tips on getting a playable fps? Also i cant get AA/AF working?
Quote from lukelfs :
Also i cant get AA/AF working?

I will quote myself to explain this:

Quote from BigPeBe :Just no no no.

I dunno about the technical facts and stuff, but the problem with GTA IV is that it uses some kind of rendering system that doesn't support AA.

It doesn't matter how much you have AA or not, because you can't have it in GTA IV.

Thing is, GTA IV will always look utter crap even with everything maxed because of this.

Oh well... at least it's a funny game.

Quote from BigPeBe :I will quote myself to explain this:

Ahhh, Thank you , guess i will have to put up with the terrible jaggys
Quote from lukelfs :Ahhh, Thank you , guess i will have to put up with the terrible jaggys

By the way, AA won't work because game uses DX9 (it would work on DX10), but AF still does work. Just force it on the drivers, because IMO GTA IV's texture filtering is pretty poor ("Render quality").
Real minimal requirements (to get stable 30-45 fps):
Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHz / AMD Athlon64 X2 2.6GHz
2GB RAM with XP, 3GB RAM with Vista
NVidia GeForce 8800GT / ATi Radeon HD4770 with 512MB VideoRAM
HDD - 16GB free space (won't be a real problem).
Quote from Shadowww :Real minimal requirements (to get stable 30-45 fps):

REAL minimum requirements...
An Xbox 360

This game is the biggest pile of programming dogpoo ever to hit the PC since Bully:Scholarship Edition...which by coincidence was also thrown together by Rockstar North!

It has REALLY bad code, so much so that even people with ninja PC's have had serious issues!
Quote from Velociround :By the way, AA won't work because game uses DX9 (it would work on DX10), but AF still does work. Just force it on the drivers, because IMO GTA IV's texture filtering is pretty poor ("Render quality").

That can't be it right? Because it's the only DX9 game I've seen that where AA isn't possible.
Quote from Shadowww :Real minimal requirements (to get stable 30-45 fps):

I completely agree with you, but I would just like to point out that this minimum requirements doesn't mean the game will run like crap on any other processor/settings.

Quote from Velociround :Average FPS: 31.49
[...]
Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Texture Filter Quality: Highest
View Distance: 7
Detail Distance: 100
[...]
Hardware
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM v1.1)
Video Driver version: 181.71
Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz

(2GB RAM DDR2 667MHz)

Quote from BigPeBe :That can't be it right? Because it's the only DX9 game I've seen that where AA isn't possible.

DX9 does not support AA with deferred shading, which GTA uses. DX10 is needed. It isn't due to DX9, but the lighting technique they use where AA only works in DX10. They even said that on a interview on IGN.
Quote from Velociround :
DX9 does not support AA with deferred shading, which GTA uses. DX10 is needed. It isn't due to DX9, but the lighting technique they use where AA only works in DX10. They even said that on a interview on IGN.

Ah ok so it's just the combination DX9 and deferred shading.
Quote from zeugnimod :Wow, worst "song" ever. :vomit:

you havent seen/heard a thing, watch the video of it and you see what is bad
i smell conspirancy :hide: , niko and roman are from russia isnt it that right?. but, if he is ROMAN bellic, doesnt that mean that he is from rome. so that means he cant be from russia but at the same time roman? :detective aaahhh...my moments again
Quote from batteryy :i smell conspirancy :hide: , niko and roman are from russia isnt it that right?. but, if he is ROMAN bellic, doesnt that mean that he is from rome. so that means he cant be from russia but at the same time roman? :detective aaahhh...my moments again

Get your facts straight, have you even played the game? They are from Serbia.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Get your facts straight, have you even played the game? They are from Serbia.

lol? i always tough they were from russial. and yes ive played it, i have it

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG