The online racing simulator
Post your favourite aircraft! 56kbs Warning!
(64 posts, started )
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :In need of a joystick... the question is which one - the Saitek X52 or a Logitech with force feedback ?

I've never, ever been particularly impressed with FF joysticks. Personally I wouldn't bother with the extra expense.

Quote from BAMBO :Weren't those the ones that didn't have landing wheels and needed to land on their belly?

hehe, yeah, they had to jettison the wheels on takeoff, and had a skid on the bottom to land on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLelTbeXA4g <--- 1:15 shows it the best
Although blitzkrieg-ishly fast and agile, they had a very limited range and from what I know, they were death traps. A lot of them blew on landing due to the unorthodox lack of wheels.
Didn't they canceled it or something like that because of the obvious reasons?
The fuel was a binary explosive - two tanks of chemicals which, when mixed, spontaneously exploded (no seperate ignition needed). As you can imagine, if you crashed, and the tanks ruptured, and mixed.... I read a book about the luftwaffe's experimental aircraft a few years ago and there was a first-hand account from a mechanic who'd gone over to help a 163 that had crash-landed and caught fire, and he found the pilot sitting some distance away with no skin left on his face.

They were designed to incercept bombers at extremely short notice (conventional interceptors took half an hour or so to reach the height of the bombers and engage, so couldn't respond quickly) so they'd take off and have just enough fuel for a near vertical climb to 30,000 feet, and one pass at the targets before they'd run out and have to return.
Everything in this book! I love planes
Attached images
HPIM0235.JPG
I've always loved the shape of the De Havilland Vampire :lovies3d:
Attached images
3034592630_6e2c842929.jpg
civilian: FN-333 Riviera

Military: USS Los Angeles
this thread should be renamed " what ill buy when i win the lottery "

besides... the best plane ever Was spacebat
Anything that drops nukes is my favorite

Joke aside, the SR-71 is my favorite. It's beyound cool. When standing on the ground it leaks fuel because the chassie / body is build for high speed.

HERE is a picture of it. (probally been posted before, but didn't botter reading all people's reply.
Quote from flymike91 :civilian: FN-333 Riviera

I love really odd twin-boom stuff

From the Mean-looking (P-61 Black Widow)

To the ridiculous looking (Transavia PL-12)

#62 - MR_B
Quote from P1lot :I've always loved the shape of the De Havilland Vampire :lovies3d:

I'd have to join you on that one a lot of the 50's/60's British fighter jets had a certain look about them which I like! Gloster Javelin?

Quote from Crashgate3 :
To the ridiculous looking (Transavia PL-12)

Heh, i remember that one from one of the Mad Max movies
The rather beautiful (in my eyes)Mirage.

@ TAYLOR-MANIA FFB joystics are a complete waste of time. There isn't one sim on the marked that makes decent use of them. Go for the Saitek

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG