The online racing simulator
Post your favourite aircraft! 56kbs Warning!
(64 posts, started )
Good old Fulcrum
Attached images
1373666.jpg
Quote from Bob Smith :Because we don't like spam on these forums? And pissing contests are pretty low, IMO.

think most of this 'off topic' forum contributes as spam tbh
Quote from james12s :can only be one plane, the spitfire although concorde is a very close second

More of a Hawker Typhoon fan myself

And of course

Quote from Bob Smith :And keep in mind I've got a 256 megapixel image from hubble that I could probably make your browser crash with. But lets not have such a childish and wasteful competition.

If I wanted to have a pissing contest I would have posted the picture instead of making the statement, I was just making a light-hearted poke at Bose for posting a giant picture

Is that 256mp hubble image a picture of the ultra deep field by the way? I'd like to see it for purposes other than a pissing contest
Quote from Crashgate3 :AC-130.
'Hey, what would happen if we mounted an artillery gun on a plane?'

How about a 50mm tank cannon:

ME262 with Mauser Mk214 cannon

Or 2 bombers welded together:

Heikel He111z

Or a bomber turned into a giant bomb:

JU88 fuselage (bottom) filled with explosives, the aircraft on top guides it to the target and releases it.

I love these crazy contraptions. Not because they were designed to kill, but because someone actually managed to convince other people to build these things :P
I used to have a model of the He-111 Z-1. It's ridiculous.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :
(oh, and then there's the stealth bombers too.. the list can go on & on... )

Don't forget the Ford in your avatar.
Not much of a plane nut, but the Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress is probably my favourite.

Second would have to be the Spitfire, especially for the soundtrack.
Ah I couldn't resist posting in this thread..

Helicopters are my job so MAYBE I'm a bit biased but I'll go for a UK aircraft first, the good old Westland Lynx, still one of the fastest rotary aircraft out there.

And how come nobody has mentioned the Chinook yet, did you know it can carry another Chinook underslung from it? Yes it can carry it's own weight. Very impressive.

Hope to see some Burt Rutan designs in this thread at some point.
Attached images
1178992.jpg
chinook_02_1280.jpg
Lancaster bombers are cool as well, and sound nice also.

Quote from Jertje :Is that 256mp hubble image a picture of the ultra deep field by the way? I'd like to see it for purposes other than a pissing contest

No, the highest res photo hubblesite has for that image is 42 megapixel. The 256 megapixel image I have is of the Helix Nebula: download here.
#40 - CSU1
Seriously:

Quote from Bob Smith :No, the highest res photo hubblesite has for that image is 42 megapixel. The 256 megapixel image I have is of the Helix Nebula: download here.

Im gonna download that now, and if i disappear from here its because my 2003 pc had exploded in flames of death.

I take it that the 285mb TIFF will be alot better quality than the 8.6mb JPG?
Quote from danthebangerboy :I take it that the 285mb TIFF will be alot better quality than the 8.6mb JPG?

All the jpegs from hubble site have very little compression. I have a much lower resolution jpeg from that site that weighs in at over 100mb, as it's a very detailed image. There's a lot of black in the image I linked to, hence it just compresses very well. At full zoom the image is a little noisy though. Still, they all make great triple-screen backgrounds (which is why I need at least 6000px width, and can't make do with the desktop resized versions they offer).
i see what you mean about that JPG, at 100% it looks almost like its zoomed in a heck of a lot.

I didnt bother with the TIFF as my net is really, really slow tonight for some reason, even the most basic of forums i visit are loading one post at a time and its pot luck if the avatars and any images load.

Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention, i crashed paint, the gimp, and photoshop 7 trying to open it, i finally managed to get photofiltre to open it after killing loads of processes to give me enough of my 1gb ram back to load it.
#47 - 5haz
Quote from kingfag :How about a 50mm tank cannon:

ME262 with Mauser Mk214 cannon

Ahh, the amount of fun I've had with that thang in IL2 1946.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :No helicopters yet ? Apaches are bad ass! And the Super Cobra is pretty sweet also... nice and slender.

Ka-50 is by far my favourite helicopter.

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Which reminds me... i'm guessing a few of you are into flight sims right ? I used to be years ago & now i'm wanting to start up again. In need of a joystick... the question is which one - the Saitek X52 or a Logitech with force feedback ?

I have Logitech one without FF and it is really good. Dont know about Saitek tho.

On Topic: Messerschmitt Me 163. It looks like a bee, but it is rocket-powered and it stings really bad.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG