The online racing simulator
Jason,

I would also like to stay at your place throughout the entire weekend if there's room for me. It'd be really nice to spend some quality time with you and the other guys plus it'd save me a lot of hassle (not having to book a hotel / bring a tent from sweden and what not).

I will look into a travel plan in the next (few) week(s).
Sure, as I said, it is fine is you all want to come up on Friday. It might be a bit hectic and all but it makes sense
With Jason's place being my destination on the Friday it appears as if my best options for travelling by plane are either Cardiff or Bristol. Does anyone have any suggestion on how I should continue my journey from there? By bus or train?

If someone who is travelling close to that area would like to cut their petrol costs I'd be willing to split the cost ...
I have some people coming up from Cardiff on Friday so they should be able to pick you up
#180 - Dru
not sure when Adam and I are coming - I'm coming up from Cardiff in the morning (sat) hopefully with Adam and Passo.

Not sure yet if they will be kipping back at mine or we'll have a pitch at yours mate.

Watch this space.
OK, after talking to Passo last night I am seriously considering this. Didn't realise how cheaply I could get to Abergavenny as I failed to realise the train went straight from Picadilly. If I came down on the Friday would there be a favourable time of day to pick me up from Abergavenny? The train is every hour so I can be flexible that way.
Myself, Tongey and kayJay all have cars and live in cardiff, so Cardiff Airport is the best option, but Bristol is just as easy

We should all be available for pick-ups on Friday, so you can start organising your flights with this in mind i.e. just get to either airport and we'll pick you up from there
Quote from count.bazley :OK, after talking to Passo last night I am seriously considering this. Didn't realise how cheaply I could get to Abergavenny as I failed to realise the train went straight from Picadilly. If I came down on the Friday would there be a favourable time of day to pick me up from Abergavenny? The train is every hour so I can be flexible that way.

Anytime after around 2pm, it is only 15 mins from my house
Nice one mate, count me in then!
It was that little puppy dog voice!
As a bit of a joke, I looked on the National Rail Service thingy to see if there was a train from Peterborough to Abergavenny. Erm, am I right in saying there is....?

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/tt

If so I can't quite believe it...

EDIT: Oh wait, it isn't direct - that's why I was a bit confused!!
Quote from J@tko :As a bit of a joke, I looked on the National Rail Service thingy to see if there was a train from Peterborough to Abergavenny. Erm, am I right in saying there is....?

Save me doing the search how much was that ticket hun - I might end up on the same train.

I am not confirmed yet, as i'm in the middle of a house move and have no idea how much money I have been fleeced for yet.
Quote from J@tko :As a bit of a joke, I looked on the National Rail Service thingy to see if there was a train from Peterborough to Abergavenny. Erm, am I right in saying there is....?

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/en/pj/tt

If so I can't quite believe it...

EDIT: Oh wait, it isn't direct - that's why I was a bit confused!!

Well i am possibly picking gills up and bringing him with me, and good old peterboro isnt that far from me so i could get you as well if you want.
Sorry Dan, I can't go. Already arranged my holidays.
Quote :good old peterboro isnt that far from me

*checks her list of flamewars and team affiliations to try and remember if she's clear to hitch a ride*
A ticket for tomorrow [That is a Friday - presumably you want to travel the night before?] from P'boro to Abergavenny costs £64.30, leaving at 13:52 and arriving at 18:35.

Peterborough > Birmingham > Bristol > Newport > Abergavenny

Or you can go via London if you go from Ely [which is vaguely near you?]

Ely > St Pancaras > Paddington > Newport > Abergavenny

Leaves: 13:26
Gets there: 18:00

£74.

I don't think I'll be going then :/, but I think I'm busy then anyway, just can't remember what I'm doing

EDIT: And I'd go from Oakham anyway, cuts 1h off train and 20 mins off travelling to station :P
You realise there are big discounts for buying in advance? I've travelled from Newcastle to Portsmouth on the train for £17.50 before.
Quote from Bob Smith :You realise there are big discounts for buying in advance? I've travelled from Newcastle to Portsmouth on the train for £17.50 before.

Oh nice

It only let me look at ones for the next month anyway.
Quote from J@tko :I don't think I'll be going then :/, but I think I'm busy then anyway, just can't remember what I'm doing

Probably having dinner or somesuch like that.

Quote from Becky Rose :*checks her list of flamewars and team affiliations to try and remember if she's clear to hitch a ride*

lol.

The more the merrier mate, as it must be cheaper overall to drive down in one car then everyone having to get their own train tickets both ways.
No-one needs necessarily to get to Abergavenny by train as Cardiff or Newport is just as easy for one of us to come and collect you. So check the prices for Newport or Cardiff, I'm sure it will work out cheaper . But if people are driving down, then it would best if arrangements for lifts could be organised

Airport locations (in preferred order)

Cardiff Airport
Bristol Airport

Train Locations (in preferred order)

Abergavenny (if convenient)
Newport
Cardiff

Car locations

Jason's (Friday)
Kart Circuit (Saturday 10:00 am)
This sounds awesome - thanks for organising it. Please put me down as a definite. I dearly love karting, and am excited about taking on a field of keen racers. Will be nice to meet everyone too.

Have been away from LFS for a year or so lately. My old desktop PC is wheezing a bit these days.

Thanks again.

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG