The online racing simulator
Thanks for all who contributed to the names, hehe.
Quote from dekojester :I took a swag (Sophisticated Wild Ass Guess) and typed http://500servers.com/kartmeet/ into Firefox, and it shows it.

Should indeed be all of it

d

I get bandwidth limit exceeded in that and the other one with user n pass doesn't work...
Here's the full list of peoples' usernames on the group pic - you get a chance to compare it to the last time!

And yes like everyone else has said thanks to SR for hosting the event and to everyone else for turning up and making it a fun weekend!

Some action photos, caption the images if you wish!
Attached images
lfs-uk-kart-meet_090725_mb_group2.jpg
lfs-uk-kart-meet_090725_mb_0495c.jpg
lfs-uk-kart-meet_090725_mb_0282c.jpg
lfs-uk-kart-meet_090725_mb_0138c.jpg
lfs-uk-kart-meet_090725_mb_0324c.jpg
lfs-uk-kart-meet_090725_mb_0567c.jpg
I had a really good time this weekend, so thanks to Mark and Jason for the arrangements and thanks again to Bob Smith without whom I couldn't have gone

It was really nice to meet everyone who came down. I think I may have drunk too much the night before the race and talked a lot of waffle to a few people though... so apologies for that.

Apologies for being withdrawn and quiet Saturday evening as well, I was totally knackered and barely had any energy left to think let alone speak ... and I'm sure I wasn't alone in that feeling lol.

Overall, I had some really good races and chat's with everyone, and had a really good time... so thanks again to all who made it possible
Quote from evilpimp :I get bandwidth limit exceeded in that and the other one with user n pass doesn't work...

Same here
I can setup a hosting with lots of bandwidth if needed, as soon as I get out of bed - just let me know if needed.
Again Thanks to Jason for setting this event up. It was great to meet everyone *even tho i'm not that well known hah*

One bump and a big crash later I feel ok, arms hurt but I think 10am till 5pm worth of karting was such an amazing thing. And would love to come along to the next one, If its not way up north haha.

BTW my normal in-game username is CR|TwinFlow. But nice work on tagging everyone I didnt get a chance to meet and greet all when we arrived.
Had to be done
Attached images
style.jpg
LOL nice one becky

I finished making a layout of the track on the BL carpark using google maps images and calculating the distances in LFS which allowed me to make the track as near the exact size it is IRL as possible, however, there is a problem...

I failed to take into account the fact that an MRT is significantly larger in size than a go-kart, so i am going to have start again but up-scale it in some way so the MRT fits the track properly, as at the moment you wouldn't be able to get 2 cars side by side anywhere. :weeping:
That's Awesome! I really wanna take that tight right turn again after the long straight
Nice 1 Dan, that's cool as Fook

Let me know when it's all done, I'll do some testing for you
Cool, i have a beta tester!

I need to re-work it a little bit, as i suspect the scale on google maps satelite view might not be as accurate as i was hoping, as you can get round it in an MRT with 40% restriction and maximum added mass in about 20 odd seconds, so something is wrong.

I also can't get that tight bend that i like to call 'pile up central' anything like it really is because of there being no way to replicate the sloping part of it, LFS is flat!

I have attached a replay of how it is ATM, and yes i know, it was a crap lap lol, so even more realistic!
Attached files
kart.spr - 44.7 KB - 207 views
The club owner told us that the lap record was about 21 secs in a good kart. I'm not sure how fast all us lot was going around there but it was probably 30secs or something
Quote from danthebangerboy :LOL nice one becky

I finished making a layout of the track on the BL carpark using google maps images and calculating the distances in LFS which allowed me to make the track as near the exact size it is IRL as possible, however, there is a problem...

I failed to take into account the fact that an MRT is significantly larger in size than a go-kart, so i am going to have start again but up-scale it in some way so the MRT fits the track properly, as at the moment you wouldn't be able to get 2 cars side by side anywhere. :weeping:

Maybe this will help?
Attached images
circuit_picture_drawing.JPG
Cheers jason, i was using a shot from google maps satelleite view before because it has the scale on, but i think that scale was a lie!
Quote from peterules :The club owner told us that the lap record was about 21 secs in a good kart. I'm not sure how fast all us lot was going around there but it was probably 30secs or something

I remember Mackie in the #44 kart being timed at high 28, and Dru did a 29 right behind him. Definitely have to get proper timing for next year!
Quote from boothy :I remember Mackie in the #44 kart being timed at high 28, and Dru did a 29 right behind him. Definitely have to get proper timing for next year!

Yeah! Also that #44 kart was probably the quickest in the fleet. So quick, everytime it was on track the number flew off lol
Yeah, it was also the only kart with the engine on the right hand side, and as the track was essentially clockwise, weight on the inside of the kart would make for a much more balanced kart than having it on the outside like all the others.
aye I drove it in the morning practice and it was a bit of a come down to do the 1 hour race in the kart me Dan and Jason had after driving the 44 kart !

In the 3hr however the kart I had in the first stint was pretty good until I smashed it to pieces against the 44 kart.
Plus its distinct lack of brakes i wonder how that happened? whoops!
Quote from Becky Rose :In the 3hr however the kart I had in the first stint was pretty good until I smashed it to pieces against the 44 kart.

Was that when you completely lost your wheel?
I believe so.
They did fix it again for the last 2 20min stints. Krs & Macker was out in it and we managed to get that extra lap in so we didn't come dead last (again)
Quote from [SR] Pablo :Was that when you completely lost your wheel?

Yes, they tried to give me a kiddie kart after that and I couldnt physically fit in the seat, so we sent Jason out in it (our team mascot! ) but we'd lost far too much time to make up. We got our original kart back repaired later and it was ok but a bit stiff (needed a castor angle change) and we broke down twice more after the crash.
Quote from boothy :Here's the full list of peoples' usernames on the group pic - you get a chance to compare it to the last time!

And yes like everyone else has said thanks to SR for hosting the event and to everyone else for turning up and making it a fun weekend!

Some action photos, caption the images if you wish!

Just noticed Joe Keaveney has lost loads of weight

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG