The online racing simulator
Quote from bbman :Elvis has left the building - it'll be a hard challenge to get back those who waited for so long to get something usable...

I was hoping for an LFS type situation with lots of Demo users. New players that love a good freebie.

But not even that...
I would imagine that with RSC being toast, news about new nKp stuff is difficult to circulate among the community. No matter what my opions/experiences of RSC, it is rather pivotal in circulating news and info. No news on progress on there for 3 weeks.. I'm beginning to wonder if part of the problem is a content database implosion.
-
(EliteAti) DELETED by EliteAti
Quote from SamH :I would imagine that with RSC being toast, news about new nKp stuff is difficult to circulate among the community. No matter what my opions/experiences of RSC, it is rather pivotal in circulating news and info. No news on progress on there for 3 weeks.. I'm beginning to wonder if part of the problem is a content database implosion.

I laughed so hard a little bit of wee came out!
Quote from The Moose :A beta of Laguna is now available. http://soosiaal.com/temp/laguna%20secapublicbeta.rar

It's no iRacing version, but fun to drive none the less. The creator is working on completely re-profiling the corkscrew to make it far more like the real thing, and getting the curbs sorted out as well as little things like distance markers etc.
Someone is working on a new texture pack for it as well.

Rough lap... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35wT4FDcEco&fmt=22

can you please tell me how i install these? it doesnt seem to do anything for me (dragged to the nkpro folder..) . (yes im noob with this stuff :shy
Quote from EliteAti :can you please tell me how i install these?

Just extract it to the netkar pro/tracks folder.
Quote from The Moose :Just extract it to the netkar pro/tracks folder.

thanks, i tried that last time and it didnt work... ill have to try again...
Quote from EliteAti :thanks, i tried that last time and it didnt work... ill have to try again...

Let me know if its not working...I'll try and figure out what your doing wrong
Quote from The Moose :Let me know if its not working...I'll try and figure out what your doing wrong

i've dragged Monaco addon track and lastplace addon tracks in the "Tracks" folder. Do i need to have a license to use them? because when i start the monaco.nko file it just starts Netkar Pro. When i go to the track day it shows there the normal tracks. Note, im a demo user in Nkpro...
No, you can use all tracks as a demo user.

If you've extracted addon tracks properly things should look like this. You should have a folder called 'ASE' in your main folder.

And the track folder should look like this. I've seen people end up with the ASE folder in the Tracks folder before, that will cause nk to fail to load tracks. The ASE folder MUST be in the main nkpro folder, like in the first pic.

Oooo, censored items.

I didn't know there was a Zandvoort addon track either!
Any bets the track is in a folder, is in a folder. You should have a monaco folder and when you open it there are lots of files. configuration etc. That's the folder that goes in 'tracks' I hope that makes sense.
They are probably Namie tracks. I think they might be compatible at a very, very basic level, but you won't have any fun on them.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Hello. After seeing Brands Hatch on the list above i went on a mission looking for it but with no success. Any chance anyone can tell me where to find it?
Also, on my searching missions i found a list of 'currently available' tracks... (source: http://www.simracingworld.com/ ... 5&t=12028&start=0)

Brands Hatch
Canberra
Caruaru
Croft
Donington
Falkenberg
Hockenheim
Imola
Kyalami
Laguna Seca
Monza
Mugello
Newbury
Nurburgring67 (yes all 14 glorious miles! - converted from GPL)
Nurburgring02
Phillip Island
Spa
Sugo
Suzuka

the post was dated 2003...but do you think they'll be compatible with NetKar 1.03, even if they are discovered??

That list is tracks for netkar Namie. They all look terrible in netkar pro. All the trees are big black boxes due to different tranparency methods. Serious work would need to be done on them to get them up to scratch.

It is possible to use them though for a bit of hotlapping in nKPro, but not really enjoyable in any way.

The Brands,Dijon and Zandvoort tracks in my folder were only released for GPC league members. They were never put up for public release becuase they are not considered to be up to scratch. All three need quite a bit of work to get them in a fit state for public release.
Still does not load for me, i think i've done something wrong but i cant understand why

some attachments...
Attached images
ScreenShot012.jpg
ScreenShot014.jpg
ScreenShot013.jpg
I can see where you've gone wrong. Find your way to the root folder \nkpro\tracks and nkpro\ase It's probably on C:\netKarPro\nkpro\tracks. When you open that folder you'll see aviano, prato, newbury etc. Drop your nice new tracks in with them.
Failing that go outside on the street and get the first 6 year old kid to help you.
Quote from Doorman :I can see where you've gone wrong. Find your way to the root folder \nkpro\tracks and nkpro\ase It's probably on C:\netKarPro\nkpro\tracks. When you open that folder you'll see aviano, prato, newbury etc. Drop your nice new tracks in with them.
Failing that go outside on the street and get the first 6 year old kid to help you.

yees. thank you very much
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA : So i'm guessing that those blacked out on the list could be some private beta tracks... am i warm?

There's a couple of tracks being worked on that i don't want to reveal yet, and one track that's been converted but we don't have permission to convert it yet , so i thought I'd better black it out for the moment.

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :And 'Namie' is just the name for the old version, right?

Yup, Namie was the old free version of netKar

Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Oh and just one more question... do the tracks that are publicly available work online? I see over on the Blackhole Motorsports site that Monaco is with 15 cars... i'm just wondering about the rest ?
I'm planning on buying a license for it later this week, so i might catch some of you LFSers online sometime

All publicly available tracks work online.
Licence or not, still join us I've driven nothin but the 1600 since the release of 1.03

Theres still not a lot of pickup racing going on for some reason. Its all orgnised races it seems. (not such a bad thing...better quality racing in general, but would be nice to have a bit more pickup racing going on)

Check out the Dead Men Racing forum, Race2Play, GPChampionship and RaceDepartement for info on upcoming races

Quote from EliteAti :yees. thank you very much

Working now? Great!

Well done Doorman.
Donnington Park is on the way, both the national and GP layouts are included. Final testing will be done in the last round of the season at GPC. A public release will follow shortly thereafter.

Preview vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MB3MN3etd3E
Is it the extreme wide-angle view that flattens out Donington in nKP? The elevation changes in the vid seem much less pronounced than IRL.
Quote from SamH :Is it the extreme wide-angle view that flattens out Donington in nKP? The elevation changes in the vid seem much less pronounced than IRL.

Yup, It's the view from that camera aright. Its fine from in the cockpit. I cant fraps it while I'm driving though, and there's no cockpit view in the replays

The elevation changes are pretty good tbh. I've been to Donington a few times and I'd say this isn't a bad effort at all.
Did nKP licence the track or did Donington spin 'em a freebie?
Quote from SamH :Did nKP licence the track or did Donington spin 'em a freebie?

its not made by NKP... its outside of NKP like with snetterton and some of the others....
Will racing be allowed on the circuit, or will it be realistic?
Thanks for letting us know Stu. I subscribed to your vids just to make sure I don't miss any in future!
Hey guys,

I've just bought a licence, but am having a few teething problems

I cannot seem to start any of the licence cars for love nor money. I am doing the whole sequence right, and have tried manually starting them and just using the backspace command, and the starter motor goes, but the engine just dosen't fire up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG