The online racing simulator
You're right. After some testing on a Z10 server I have to say everything went as I would expect. Once in disallowed car, I cannot join again, I must choose a new car type. Still I think this correct behavior was not the case until recently. Maybe Jason is using older server version and an update would solve the wrong car type troubles?
Yep I am using patch Z on the server. Hopefully that is the reason, not had time to test it yet.
Quote from EQ Worry :Thanks. Nice idea! I'll have to think a bit about the ouput format, so that it is easily understandable. Naturally the current world record splitting times would be used to get desired time distribution (just like it is used in good/great split/sector times). The result could be compared to your server PB or LFSW PB (or both)... Adding this into my TODO list...

Sorry i've been away a bit, but i saw that you implemented this function! Very nice!
However, what i was looking for was a "realtime" telemetry function!
Let me explain.
It should simultaneously as you are shown your split time (e.g. Sector1 36.50) by LFS , show either a red or green text in the same font, right below it, with the difference from your entered !target.

So when you pass the split, you'll know if you're inside or outside your designated target time.

Connect to Torsdagsrace A and type !target and you'll see what i mean.
I've been playing with this for a few hours and have a couple of q's and/or suggestions if it is not yet implemented.

- is there any support for teams for handling points?
- is there a funcionatlity to track teams during an endurance race, to track their number of laps and positions despite disconnects and/or telepits assessing penalties for those situations?
- another great addition would be handling blue flags in these races since the order kept by LFS is not always the real order due to discons and telepits.

thanks, and again FANTASTIC job!
Quote from mangz :However, what i was looking for was a "realtime" telemetry function!

Right, I see what you mean. Well, I believe the cleanest solution may be to add one more comparison base among the currenty available (session, personal, LFSW, world's best), specifically selectable target time. You set it up using !target command, then splits and sectors are compared to this measurement. Not bad, really. The necessary adjustments will take some time though, because I have lots and lots of things to implement, some complicated but needed by people that sponsored Airio development, so I must take care of those first. But it is really a good idea, now that I understand it.

Quote from vicbel :- is there any support for teams for handling points?
- is there a funcionatlity to track teams during an endurance race, to track their number of laps and positions despite disconnects and/or telepits assessing penalties for those situations?
- another great addition would be handling blue flags in these races since the order kept by LFS is not always the real order due to discons and telepits.

1) About teams, you mean like defining two or more drivers whose points will be added? Hm, may be a nice addition, but it is for now too specific.

2) I've already had a request for this, ignoring disconnects/pitting, simply counting race laps done. The same as above applies.

3) Flags are issued by the LFS, there's no way to control those except maybe show some additional messages to specific drivers, like "You may ignore the blue flag...".

Ayway, if these things are implemented, they will with 75 percent probability appear only in the full version as I consider them to be rather on the advanced side.

EDIT: Ah, please be sure to check out the updated language pack. It newly contains finished NL translation and completely new GR (also known as EL) translation by xaotic. Thanks a lot for this. Still missing is the French translation, which is a bit strange knowing how much the French love their language.
Quote from EQ Worry :

1) About teams, you mean like defining two or more drivers whose points will be added? Hm, may be a nice addition, but it is for now too specific.

I think this request is not uncommon, most champs have a squad chamo as well. As for the other suggestions, I agree they are specific. I am glad you still consider them good ideas.
I may have found a bug in Airio 2.1.6.

Airio would spectate players with reason bad tyres (Road_Normal), despite having set ProhibitedTyres=None both in the global and the track section of Airio.cfg.tc.txt.

After repeatedly editing the config files, grepping them, !rld-ing, !aini-tializing etc, I found out Airio was picking up the ProhibitedTyres directive from the following track in the configuration file (i.e. took it from BL2 and applied to BL1!)

After commenting the line from that track, !rld-ed the config, it started to work as expected. The configuration file had little modifications from the example included in the tracker package, so I'm not attaching it. But in case you need it let me know.
RestartMSG
First of all, I'm really liking Airio's funtionality and its ease of use. I'm having one problem at the moment. I'm trying to create a restart message that goes onto several lines, but since I'm quite stupid, I can't work out how to do so. I've tried putting + signs all over the place but none of them work.

I want it to be as follows:
Line 1:
^6Report wrecking at the www.simracingsociety.com forums
Line 2:
^7Have a good race!

Where should the + symbol go?

(I searched the thread using the search tool and found nothing about this and checked the manual, so sorry if this has been asked before)
Quote from Mp3 Astra :

I want it to be as follows:
Line 1:
^6Report wrecking at the www.simracingsociety.com forums
Line 2:
^7Have a good race!

Where should the + symbol go?

(I searched the thread using the search tool and found nothing about this and checked the manual, so sorry if this has been asked before)

RestartBtn=|^6Report wrecking at the www.simracingsociety.com forums
RestartBtn=+|^7Have a good race!

Hope this helps
I think I may have found an issue ...

I had some tracks rotating and it was working fine. Then I wanted to leave one track for our team to train for an event so I deleted the track rotation string from the file and did !rld ... did not work ... I had to do !aini for it to work. Is that normal?
Quote from vicbel :Is that normal?

AFAICT, no. I changed the rotation string yesterday and !rld worked just fine.
me again ... another question.

I was planning to use Airio to track championship points in one of our champs but ... I cam to realize the points stored for each track separately ... in other words if we have a champ with 4 o 5 rounds on different tracks with the same class of cars (i.e. GTR or TBO) Airio would not work to track points ... right?
Quote from vicbel :me again ... another question.

I was planning to use Airio to track championship points in one of our champs but ... I cam to realize the points stored for each track separately ... in other words if we have a champ with 4 o 5 rounds on different tracks with the same class of cars (i.e. GTR or TBO) Airio would not work to track points ... right?

If you use the !ptp command, it shows overall points. To clear these points type in !clr p
THANK YOU!

Why can;t I find this in the manual ... Must have missed it ... where is it?
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Thanks. But should it be restartmsg not restartbtn?

I just tested and it is restartmsg. But thanks anyway, I wouldn't have worked it out by myself
If anybody has got round (or never had?) the issue I was talking about in post #190, could you please post a working config or example? TYIA
Hi, please give me a few hours for looking closer at the above reported troubles and providing solutions in Airio 2.1.7, if they are necessary...
Hi,

just like to say i've used started using airio its great thx
Question: why are championship points tied to the track? A championship is usually a bunch of races opf different tracks ... I know we can use playing points to mimic a championship points but I was wondering.
Thanks for great lapper.

p.s. check your paypal
Euh you want to say Tracker :huepfenic
:ices_rofl

Because, there is no money on my Paypal

Gai-Luron
i think lapper shold to borow some features from airio.
hmmmm what am i doing wrong?

my server is running s1 mode..... how can i change it to s2??? also i can't change what cars can be selected?

apt from that its a1
The server selects the mode automagically depending on: what cars/tracks are available and the number of slots.

Inside Airio you can change the cars with the command !cars, e.g. !cars XFG+XRG, if you want to make that change permanent you'll have to edit Airio.cfg.tc.txt, there you can select both the default cars or on a per-track basis, so they are automatically changed as soon as the track changes (e.g. because of rotation, or because the players have voted End Race)

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG