The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
WOOT, Lost and Damned comes out Tuesday, WELL looking forward to this, am also hoping this will give me the hunger to finish the pidgeon and jump achievements.

12 hours of extra gameplay, plus 7 new multiplayer modes and more bikes, just a shame its quite pricey (1600 MSP's)
Quote from kingfag :You could use "set affinity" in the Windows task manager, to stop GTA from using multiple cores.

The reason i never did (never crossed my mind at the time ) that because windows is still using the other cores but i wanted to see what it would be like if windows and GTA run only on certain cores not all cores then set GTA to 1 or 2.
Quote from danowat :WOOT, Lost and Damned comes out Tuesday, WELL looking forward to this, am also hoping this will give me the hunger to finish the pidgeon and jump achievements.

12 hours of extra gameplay, plus 7 new multiplayer modes and more bikes, just a shame its quite pricey (1600 MSP's)

1/3 the price for 1/3 the game
lost and damned? wtf is that
Quote from batteryy :lost and damned? wtf is that

It's the Downloadable Content (DLC) for GTA IV
LFS?

*flame jacket on*
WTF, I swear I posted that in the overrated games thread, o well lol sorry.
Quote from AMB :WTF, I swear I posted that in the overrated games thread, o well lol sorry.

ofcourse you did
I juts had some radom fun last evening with making alot taxu drivers chase me in theirt cars and then shoot them
Quote from danowat :WOOT, Lost and Damned comes out Tuesday, WELL looking forward to this, am also hoping this will give me the hunger to finish the pidgeon and jump achievements.

Ah, good news. Although I have no idea how much it actually costs How much is 1600 MSP's in real money?

I completed the jump achievements and have been doing the pigeons, but not finished 'em yet. I hope you're using some guide or other though, to find the locations?
I started fiddling around with the handling.dat file and this drifter was born.
3 Mins till TLAD oh and I think gta4.net and gtaforums.com are overloaded :P
I want to talk again about the 1.0.2.0 patch... holy sh*t... I knew Rockstar had removed many objects in this patch, and I missed most of it, but I didn't realize they removed THAT many objects:

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=397519&st=0

"One of Little Jacob's job missions has you hide some drugs under this trash can in 1.0.0.0, but in 1.0.2.0 the trash can is gone." - killer45acp

"there are at least 2 pigeons that are standing in mid-air, because the object that they were supposed to be standing on was removed." - Hydro_PT

I can't help but laugh, this is so ridiculous. Is that really what Rockstar calls rendering optimizations?

GTA IV: Hide the drugs under the dumpster
"Where ?? OMG :|"
- Marcin6

Some users' signature has even received some changes after this new patch

Please see the whole thread, there are just 2 pages filled with screenshots (before and after) and a lot of information. Rockstar has really removed A LOT of objects from the whole Liberty City.
yeah... i noticed this too. pretty lame and halfass'ed by rockstar.
the lost and the damned content is already in gta IV pc version... there's a mod for it. I havent used it myself yet.
Quote from Gabkicks :the lost and the damned content is already in gta IV pc version... there's a mod for it. I havent used it myself yet.

Content as in cars/bikes/clothes etc, but NOT the storyline
Quote from Velociround :I want to talk again about the 1.0.2.0 patch...

Is this patch available for PS3 users too? I turned on my PS3 with GTA IV and I didnt see an update request.
Quote from Riders Motion :Is this patch available for PS3 users too? I turned on my PS3 with GTA IV and I didnt see an update request.

No, it's only for the PC
The PS3 version doesn't need any more patches, as the game is working correctly for everyone who has the console. Plus, if the game is running well (no slowdowns or crashes), there's no reason for Rockstar to remove plenty of objects in the game, just as they did on the PC version.
There are patches for the console versions however.

One of them apparently even ****ed up the censorship of the games. All of a sudden, copies that have been uncensored before, were censored, and the other way around with the censored copies (they fixed it again in the meantime)...
Yup, as it turned out, all the Ozzies (who normally have major censorship on games) all of a sudden had puddles of blood underneath their victims and started complaining. While the rest of the world complained about the lack thereof. I personally couldn't care less. Me purposely driving over the sidewalk, plowing through pedestrians but surprisingly don't have a stream of blood underneath their lifeless bodies... doesn't really make it less violent.

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG