The online racing simulator
Eric Lives!
(126 posts, started )
to be frank with you, it is getting real embrassing, with those moaning posts.. real embrassing.
Just open your door and venture out. you might find something interesting that are right outside your door (!)
Oh, wouldn't the world be such a lovely place without any critism or negativity.....

However, back on planet earth in the real world.....
Eh? Out of the 20 or so people who posted in that thread a few complained. Not a real grievance.
Quote from vrooom :to be frank with you, it is getting real embrassing, with those moaning posts.. real embrassing.
Just open your door and venture out. you might find something interesting that are right outside your door (!)

Problem is the mentally dissadvantaged people on this forum, that seriously canot understand the basic about LFS. Franky I belive 90% of the ones moaning about slow development is the ones that has "Joined date" from 06-08. The others that have been around for a while has accepeted that things takes time, but when there is a update - they let us know.
So, as I said, get a beer, get laid, get shitfaced and enjoy life. Put SMS warning on, and you'll get a nice SMS when there is patch. If you don't want SMS you get it on mail so np.

Also remember this, the dev's are not robots. They got a life too, and working 24/7 is not a option for anyone.

So, enjoy life, if you are tired of LFS go doing something that makes _you_ happy.

Edit : hehe Dano, I totally agree on that. But we need to filter the contructive critism and the non-contructive critism. If you can make a reasonable post, that is not classified as entierly moan, then I think the dev's has nothing against reading that, but the problem is the same old "it's so long since last patch. Start working damnit!" attitute and posting by the users.
Have you ever seen the epsiode of the simpsons, where bart can do anything to anyone with his mind, everyone has to walk round with this artificial smile on so as not to upset anyone or rock the boat, I would hate to see anything approaching anywhere near that here.

The world is full of negativity and critisim, I have felt it in side projects I have produced for free, and in my daily job, but YOU have to filter those comments and decide if YOU think they have a point.

If you don't then you ignore it, and you continue to ignore it.

Bottomline here, a lot of people are jealous of the Devs, oh how wouldn't anyone love to work on what they want to work on, at the pace they work at, take as much time out for moving house or what no, instead of moving house in the weekends.

Instead, most of us have a screaming boss, shouting wheres this, wheres that, I reckon 99.999% of people here would swap in a heart beat, and take all the negative crap that goes with it.
Just let the Devs do what they want. If you keep on whining all the time, the next test patch won't come earlier...
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Just let the Devs do what they want. If you keep on whining all the time, the next test patch won't come earlier...

And if we do the opposite and play nice, those Devs might just feel we deserve a surprise one of these days. Catch more flies with honey so to speak
Good posts and valid points, specially the part about you chose the critism you want to take to yourselfe, and work with that as a base.

And of couse we should be allowed to bitch a little to the dev's every now and then eheh, but lately it's been too much of it, and it's been the same things over and over again. Usually there isn't much you can do about it either, or answer on it, because it's just a statement to manifests that you disagree with the slow development speed.. and that again - nothing really wrong about that, but it's the part making a topic just for that purpose is kind of..silly

On other aspects of the posts I canot discuss about, because my english is not good enough to really get in deep conversations/discussion
(not that I could given any good points, but there often are lof of things I want to say with a actually point, but my language prevent from writing because I have no clue what so ever how to put it).

But, lets try saying it this way : It's ok you disagree with the development speed by the devs, but please keep it to yourselfe. Every now and then people thinks it's slow, but then we have to remeber the post to Scawen where he tells that LFS is not meant to be played 24/7. It's meant to be played, and much, but you still got a life outside, other games to explore, or other things to do then coming over to forum moaning about no progress.

And, to people who have not moved, moving house is shit And no offence to your wife Scawen, but we all do now - moving with ladies is a pain in the freakin ass, and without them the move would take twice as short time
Dev power Eric thats the way to do it!
I thought it was just a joke but it's true, Eric really is Chuck Norris. He kicks ass !

Shame he's feeling like the least favorite dev, and it's impossible to say otherwise without trampling on another dev, but I will - Eric, you are not my least favorite dev ... hell, I didnt write a poem about either the other two :P
You people are an optimistic bunch. I'm just an utopian, I want bolts on my wheels so they don't come off as I race.
Eric is my favourite, one of the big reasons I play LFS is because of the way it looks, it looks much sharper and less cluttered than most games. On the subject of taking critism, it's all very well being able to complain about things you might not like, but doing so repeatedly and ignoring the answers you get should not be tolerated. This is how I see the current dispute...

Devs: Sorry we have had to delay the VWS
Idiots: why?
Devs: We want to get it right.
Devs: because that's what LFS is about
Devs: So we can provide a high quality bug free simulator
Devs: because we didn't like the half finished rubbish you get from most big developers, so things take a little longer for us because we try to do things right rather than quickly.
Devs: Oh STFU!
Idiots: ............why? :hbomb:
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Eric is my favourite, one of the big reasons I play LFS is because of the way it looks, it looks much sharper and less cluttered than most games. On the subject of taking critism, it's all very well being able to complain about things you might not like, but doing so repeatedly and ignoring the answers you get should not be tolerated. This is how I see the current dispute...

Devs: Sorry we have had to delay the VWS
Devs: We want to get it right.
Devs: because that's what LFS is about
Devs: So we can provide a high quality bug free simulator
Devs: because we didn't like the half finished rubbish you get from most big developers, so things take a little longer for us because we try to do things right rather than quickly.
Devs: Oh STFU!
Idiots: ............why? :hbomb:

U stole my words

Im realy realy happy with LFS because it got realy realy realy LESS bugs or better said none!!

I love u devs and take time with making cars/tracks/ other stuff becasue then it will be high-quality and high-happy users

that needet to say

Regarts Heiko1
Quote from Heiko1 :Im realy realy happy with LFS because it got realy realy realy LESS bugs or better said none!!

That was a joke, right?
no... because i never seen a bug in lfs and happy with it because great physics and nice comunity
#91 - Byku
Go to skid pad and fly through the ground near the wooden barrier . Seriously, i hope that devs won't make an opinnion about community based on few individuals . Eric, Scawen, Victor You do a great job, but I have to say i don't want them to abandon LFS (who would? :P)... patch once a year is fine with me , but if they will I will totally accept that, that's their sim and they can do with it what they want ^^. OH btw.... i don't moan! You're cool guys .
I agree with what was said before. I'd like to add that I think that Eric might feel bullied You know, the way he said that he was probably our least favourite Dev etc..
normaly he must be the BEST!! because:
He made
-Cars
-Tracks

+99999999999 for Eric
#94 - 5haz
This place is starting to resemble the NetKar forums over on RSC, worrying.

I love the way loads of people who were silent about the matter are suddenly cashing in on this "Oh my don't be mean to the devs you idiots lets ban all under 16s" attitude with their lenghty rants, funny how it suddenly started soon after Eric tells you all to behave yourselves, sucking up to the devs will likely make them hate you as much as if you slag them off, I'm sure they would love to be just left alone.

Attached file is nuff said methinks.
Attached images
Do not anger the gods.jpg
Quote from three_jump :What Eric said should have been posted a long time ago.

Yes I agree, if he had done then it would have stopped this nonsense a long time ago. I do feel he was a bit harsh in his post as all his fans wanted was a response of any description to show he is alive and well

On the other hand a game forum would not be a game forum without people moaning about content, updates etc.

I have said this before, LFS is not a subscription service, we paid for a game and what we paid for is what we got. I did not pay for updates and future content anyway.

If the developers were never to release any more content that is their issue.

You want to see some top class whinging then visit the iRacing forums now that's what I call premier league moaning.
I agree, there's next to no moaning on the LFS forums. Mostly, it only happens when there hasn't been a huge patch in a long time. Other games (online games, especially MMORPGs) tend to have a lot of moaning the day after the patch gets out. Having no moaning when the patch actually arrives is a good achievement.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Eric may not post much, but when he does post it's worth it. I think that post should be on the front page of the forum so everyone has to read it before they can post.

+1 for this.
#98 - th84
If he dont like seeing those types of posts then maybe he should take some of his own advice and stop reading those "boring" posts about updates.

I have to say that its rather disappointing that a dev who Ive never seen post in my 4 years around these forums finally does post and it ends up being "if you dont like our game, go play something else etc etc". These complaints arent anything new and they come from a 'small' group of LFS racers (and it is usually the same few people). Why he was compelled to post something so defensive (it seemed to me to be defensive) is beyond me. He wouldve been better off not posting at all, IMO.

I have never complained about the pace of development, and probably never will, I also dont blame the devs for getting tired of the complaints, but at least kiss me before you stick it in.
Quote from th84 :
I have to say that its rather disappointing that a dev who Ive never seen post in my 4 years around these forums finally does post and it ends up being "if you dont like our game, go play something else etc etc".

There must be a difference in our reception of things, because I for one would only be disappointed by the fact that this post should have been made a year ago, and that the policy on accepting idiocy in here is way too lax in my opinion.

The Devs are no superior beings, they're human, and as such also prone to emotions and I can dearly understand Erics reaction, especially since he recieved enough flak in the past for not finishing the new interiors for a certain patch in time, but never got the apreciation he deserved for all the great work he did, be it the new interiors, new SO, the almost unnoticed exterior updates on the XFs and XRs and the Scirocco, which I think was much more work than taking VWs CAD model and type "scale to 20000 Triangles" in a console.
Plenty of people have had positive comments about Eric's work over the years. I guess Im disppointed because I wouldve rather seen something more positive from a devs first post. Again, I dont blame him for making the comments that he did.

Eric Lives!
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG