The online racing simulator
Eric Lives!
(126 posts, started )
Quote from boosterfire :I agree, there's next to no moaning on the LFS forums. Mostly, it only happens when there hasn't been a huge patch in a long time. Other games (online games, especially MMORPGs) tend to have a lot of moaning the day after the patch gets out. Having no moaning when the patch actually arrives is a good achievement.

Yeah, if people think there's alot of moaning on LFS forum, try any active MMO forum, it's twice as bad because the majority of posters are aged 10-14.

I think that since the Scirocco annoucement(s), then these kind of threads and comments started becoming more frequent/apparent. I'm sure after the Scirocco is released it'll die down again.
Quote from 5haz :sucking up to the devs will likely make them hate you as much as if you slag them off

I have to agree. The dev's, no matter how easy to talk to, access whatever you want to call it, are game developers, not your pal's (They might be, but you know what I mean).

Sucky up forum members are like haemoroids. No matter how hard you try you can't get rid of the feckin things.
If I was a dev I would tell everyone im not working on anything and then announce what I've been working on one week before release.

Because I know that quite a lot of people in the gaming community have nothing better to do, so they spend their entire time desperately waiting for something new to play with on their computar machines and are likely to get impatient after 2 weeks because they don't pass any time away from the computar.
Quote from spiderbait90 :I have to agree. The dev's, no matter how easy to talk to, access whatever you want to call it, are game developers, not your pal's (They might be, but you know what I mean).

Sucky up forum members are like haemoroids. No matter how hard you try you can't get rid of the feckin things.

Fit like loon
Quote from 5haz :(...) announce what I've been working on one week before release.

Yeah, we've seen that this is a recipe for success..

I understand why Eric felt the need to vent a little. He's received so much crap over the past year or so.. looking at the XF/XR interiors I can absolutely understand why they took a lot longer to make than the S1 interiors!
I really hope Eric doesn't feel bullied by anyone. He does an awesome job, and his work in LFS has been incredible (he designed all the tracks, man!), as has Victors, and especially Scawen. I think the Einstein quote he uses there about doing things repeatedly is very apt. People have been complaining about the LFS development process for years, but they don't seem to realise that no matter what they say or do, it won't affect the speed of development. The developers go at the speed they want to. LFS has always been a slow, meandering road, and long may it continue to be so. It's not the destination that matters, it's the journey that counts. One day LFS will be finished, and the developers won't work on it any more. When that day comes, it will be a sad day for sim racing.

Note: If Eric read ever reads this thread, please give the tracks more hairpins.
i know now i posted then read the thread
Thanks to al the spammers yet again for this thread to come from weird ish to total spam rubish.
Were keeping the moderators awfully busy arent we?( lol I just know somebuddy going to flame me now wich i dont care about)
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Were keeping the moderators awfully busy arent we?

Indeed, because this thread has been cleaned up so many times.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Thanks to al the spammers yet again for this thread to come from weird ish to total spam rubish.
Were keeping the moderators awfully busy arent we?( lol I just know somebuddy going to flame me now wich i dont care about)

Yes because your post really added to the thread didn't it?

I know you don't care, but I dont care if you dont care.
I hate the fact there is all this speculation on the developers of this game though, it really is sad. I mean, there'ss about 100threads on all of the devs but why? They're not gods. They're just bloody talented at what they do, Website, 3d Modelling and the rest.
Follow the thread.
Quote from Heiko1 :no... because i never seen a bug in lfs and happy with it because great physics and nice comunity

red and white barriers? I like LFS, a lot, but im not even going to pretend that its bug-free. there is a reason it is still in alpha.
^alpha 2, oh and Takumi, i did folow thread topic and eric still lives.
How many admins there are actually?

i know: Victor and Scawen only ... For now, Eric too. Are there more?
They are pretty inactive ... But, its not important for me. Victor & Scawen already help us out enough if needed. Altough, our lfs family helps us too. Seems like other admins just work on other things
Quote from hazaky :They are pretty inactive ...

That's a good thing at least as far as Phlos is concerned.
Really?

Actually, i didnt get what your tryng to say ... xD

Eric Lives!
(126 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG